[PvP]What builds have you tried?

in Elementalist

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Hey guys
What builds have you been using on Ele in PvP?
I wanted to try Staff damage, but don’t know how to fit that on Tempest, and I don’t play Ele for so long that beside that I don’t have ideas…

Maybe something like this for damage Tempest?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XCdOg9MA+NAcYiFCALoAEAWAup2XbttYNkGKDA-TJBFABiXGggLAQJ7PAwDAAA

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Fire line is junk

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I tried a couple of damage builds

Either it’s bad (likely), or I suck at it (even more likely), or both.
just don’t have the tools to survive in a damage focused build. so I went back to support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

Like reikken said I also tried a few damage build combinations but there is litteraly no way for us to survive, all the builds lack defense and or power.

If you go somekind of support build and self-defense where you could/should survive there is litteraly nothing you can do.
None of the amulets work for us, I tried defensive healing, veru low hp die rasulu to condi/direct dmg.
I tried offensive combinations but there are too many classes who have such an easy time to kill you it’s borderline offensive to anyone who mains ele…

Not saying we can’t do anything, saying that our niche is so narrow now that your regular none-esl or tournament player won’t be playing ele.
Ele can now only be played maybe as a pure healing support way back where you can try to escape anyone who tries to initiate on you which is sad.
Also new trait is trash, don’t know who designed it but it’s completely worthless and does not even deserve to be a minor trait.
I mean who in their right mind gives a class with lowest no pool, no armor and relies on mobility and not taking dmg a trait for receiving direct damage.

Thank you Anet this trait really helps me when a DH trueshoots me from my 12k down to 8k, or when a thief comes at me and I’m trying to support my team and drops my up inside 3sexonds down to 30%.

Balance? How about random guessing, it would have worked better in this case probably

in Elementalist

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

same old bunker build. Still viable. was able to hold both DD and DH down for a good 4mins.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XC9XiVYCGOAcYilNAzdv+XPsDPgAwFkYFkCGBA-TJxHABAcBAE4BAYdZAd2fAA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Tried a couple of Yolo Queues with different builds. As this is Yolo Queue, we can’t expect it to be the same at high level PvP so these are just observations by a casual player playing against other casual players.

Sage Amulet | Balthazar Runes | Sigil of Doom and Geomancy | D/F | Eart/Water/Tempest
- Only good in 1v1s, melts when pressured as expected
- Not enough damaging condis
- Condi burst is good when you land your combo (Signet of Earth, Fire Wall, Burning Speed, Drake’s Breath.
- Lacks in Condi Cleanse

Mender’s Amulet | Trooper Runes | Sigil of Leeching and Purity/Renewal | D/F | Earth/Water/Tempest
- Average/Below Average DPS depending on what you compare it to
- Above Average Healing
- Above Average Condi Cleanse if you take Cleansing Water over Powerful Auras
- Good Team Support
- Still squishy because of low Armor

Marauder’s Amulet | Trooper Runes | Sigil of Leeching and Purity/Renewal | D/F | Air/Earth/Tempest
- High AoE DPS (Fresh Air Overload “spam”)
- Bad Condi Removal
- Below Average Team Support
- Still squishy as crap

Marauder’s Amulet | Rune of Pack | Sigil of Leeching and Purity/Renewal | S/F | Air/Water/Arcana
- High Single Target DPS, bad AoE DPS (well you only have Phoenix to hit reliably)
- Squishy as crap
- No Team Support

Haven’t tried:
• Any staff builds
• Cleric Amulet – I think low Vit will make you useless against condis
• Paladin Amulet

Conclusion:
I’ve had the best results with Marauder’s Amulet and D/F Tempest. Of course, people in higher tiers won’t just stand around and watch you finish your overloads. Since bunker amulets were removed, people have moved to the “Kill before you get killed” strategy. If you have people keep your enemies busy to allow you to spam air overloads you will get the best result. However, the moment you get team-targeted you’ll melt so fast especially if your Obsidian Flesh is not available. All these builds are useless against a good corrupt necro though.

Regardless if you pick amulets with healing power like Mender/Sage, I don’t find it so useful if you get targeted a lot since having a good up-time of protection isn’t enough to cover 2k armor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

My current build:

Crusaders amulet (+1050 power/toughness, +560 Ferocity/Healing Power) | Rune of the Soldier | Sigil of Leeching and Accuracy | D/F | Arcana/Water/Tempest | Signet of Restoration, Feel the Burn, Flash Freeze, Lightning Flash, FGS
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMA9XiVYCeOA8RgFTAjoCEAaAFngCYIwdsmWjrA-TJBBABxXGoq9HA4BAkxJAAA
- Great sustain, great support through healing, cleanses, and boons
- Very good 1v1 capability (esp if you are intelligent with aura cleanses/heals), useful in teamfights if careful to save a gtfo in case focused
- Can be bursted down (both condi or power burst) quickly if careless with CD’s, can also recover from low to full quite quickly
- Maintains reasonable health (~14K) despite no +vit on amulet thanks to soldier runes
- Average DPS, hard to might-stack for greater dps (flamewall very small)
- Weak to stun-spam (only “stunbreaks” are Lightning flash, overloads, and obsidian flesh, although shocking aura helps when caught too)

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

My current build:

Crusaders amulet (+1050 power/toughness, +560 Ferocity/Healing Power) | Rune of the Soldier | Sigil of Leeching and Accuracy | D/F | Arcana/Water/Tempest | Signet of Restoration, Feel the Burn, Flash Freeze, Lightning Flash, FGS
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMA9XiVYCeOA8RgFTAjoCEAaAFngCYIwdsmWjrA-TJBBABxXGoq9HA4BAkxJAAA
- Very good 1v1 capability (esp if you are intelligent with aura cleanses/heals), useful in teamfights if careful to save a gtfo in case focused
- Can be bursted down (both condi or power burst) quickly if careless with CD’s, can also recover from low to full quite quickly
- Maintains reasonable health (~14K) despite no +vit on amulet thanks to soldier runes
- Weak to stun-spam (only “stunbreaks” are Lightning flash, overloads, and obsidian flesh, although shocking aura helps when caught too)

I just finished 3 games with clerics and I must say 14k HP (also using Trooper Runes) is reasonable at Yolo Queues. Might not be as good in higher tiers where people use VOIP to do sync-spikes. Might try using Crusaders Amulet later.

Eitherway, we have to choose between Vit and Toughness if we want Healing Power. Only thing left is to pick our poison between condi and direct damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: steffakasid.2941

steffakasid.2941

I’ve also tried alot.

For me it seems that healing power is more or less useless for a full healer. I tried it but only had 50k group heal or something like that (maybe my team didn’t received a lot of dmg…).

Currently I play a full power, crit build with fire, air, tempest. It’s really squishy but has a lot of dmg and only works if I get some support from my group. Some classes I’m just not able to kill but ok.

Finally at all I somehow agree that we lost a lot of survivablity with that patch (especially compared to other classes) and I’m currently still searching for builds that work.

Mia Sutzu
Elementarmagierin
Anima Immortalis [AI] – http://www.anima-immortalis.de – Elona Reach [DE]

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

My current build:

I just finished 3 games with clerics and I must say 14k HP (also using Trooper Runes) is reasonable at Yolo Queues. Might not be as good in higher tiers where people use VOIP to do sync-spikes. Might try using Crusaders Amulet later.

Eitherway, we have to choose between Vit and Toughness if we want Healing Power. Only thing left is to pick our poison between condi and direct damage.

If you are playing cleric or crusader’s, you pretty much need to max-out on condi cleanse (and water/arcana/tempest gives you unreasonable amounts of cleanse, reasonably cleansing like 6 every 10s with potential to cleanse 8.6 every 10s with optimal use). Doing so removes one of the primary weaknesses of having low vit, as you can keep yourself pretty clean even against boon-corrupt reapers (assuming you are smart about when you cleanse). That leaves you weak mostly to spikes.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

@blackbeard
I agree, if I’m expecting to fight a corrupt necro I am able to properly rotate my cleanse. However, I get rekt real fast when they arrive mid-fight when my cleanses are on CD. That Signet of Spite 15s CD is the real deal.

On another note, am I the only one who thinks Powerful Auras are a bit lackluster for a GM trait? Our shouts already gives aura to allies near us so taking this trait gives no benefits to shouts. Are sharing on-proc, weapon skill auras, and overload auras enough to justify taking this trait? I only find it useful when I’m playing fresh air overload spam.

Shouldn’t they at least give some bonus effects to it so that we can really call it “Powerful Auras”?
Fire Aura – Increase burn damage
Magnetic Aura – Apply 1 stack of bleeding when attacked
Frost Aura – Reduce incoming damage by 15%
Shocking Aura – Increase stun duration

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

well if i was doing balance, powerful aura would grant 1 or seconds of resistance, and diamond skin would be replaced with!!
Sliver Armor; 20% chance to block the next spell/ attack (1sec CD), when you block a spell/ attack, gain retaliation for 1 second.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I’ve been using a yolo marauder staff build with Fire/Air/Arcana. I like it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

well if i was doing balance, powerful aura would grant 1 or seconds of resistance, and diamond skin would be replaced with!!
Sliver Armor; 20% chance to block the next spell/ attack (1sec CD), when you block a spell/ attack, gain retaliation for 1 second.

Silver armor wouldn’t be worth adept trait..let alone GM lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: larocca.8391

larocca.8391

Trying so hard to make an aggressive d/d work
Fire, Water, arcane menders amu
Its not bad against anything melee usually 50/50 but anything with strong ranged burst and it melts, most rangers and unload thieves wreck it same with DH and their traps.
Well timed dodges will be a 50/50 against most d/p theives at least.

Tried D/F and felt much worse, died constantly and struggled to do damage.

Staff tempest but died just as fast while doing less damage, not used to the playstyle

It’s depressing ele got hit this hard, juggling 4 attunements with 12 abilities between them is trumped with simple 1 button attack chains.

Going to keep trying d/d or s/d but a few more losses just gets depressing after a while when kittenloads of effort is put into ability juggling to get smacked down so easily.

Anyone have a reasonable d/d build with some success? Don’t want to bail on my ele so easily.

in Elementalist

Posted by: steffakasid.2941

steffakasid.2941

Just to add that everything which hits me does somehow about 1k up to 6k dmg. Even with 22k hp or more this gets ripped of very fast and there is just not enough endurance to keep doging every incoming attack…

Mia Sutzu
Elementarmagierin
Anima Immortalis [AI] – http://www.anima-immortalis.de – Elona Reach [DE]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

In my opinion:

- Staff never was a SOLO PvP weapon as it needs a team to shine and 1vs1 you can only win if you outplay your opponent because of the multiple disadvantages. (longer casting times, no instant protection -CC needs to be aimed- , no single-target burst)

- D/Whatever IMHO just doesn’t work anymore: You MELT vs anything because you need to melee people and that exposes you FAR more than ranged options. This is aggravated by the amount of necros that just corrupt most of the few defenses we have (boons) like there is no tomorrow + the auras nerf. OFC you could go full bunker and that really helps to survive, but the dmg gets heavily hurt.

- Then we have scepters fresh air build, yes it deals considerable single target dmg, but you are still food to the conditions and cant really deal with stealth so I’m not fully convinced by it.

- Finally I tried to play a little out-of-the box and went for a (scepter-focus) fire-water-earth “SAGES” condition build with a really improved success: Suddenly I could fight and down reapers, help the team by doing strong area dmg and burst low-HP opponents in 2 secs easily. I’m still testing/tweaking it but -at least for me- the improvement was far enough to share it.

This is the build if you change the carrion amulet for the Sage´s one. (I need to try the carrion still)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhcMovhdOwxB0RMQAYRBIAEEpswRIKMtgXQQA-TJhAwAw2fY0JAAwDAYcZAA

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

in Elementalist

Posted by: larocca.8391

larocca.8391

In my opinion:

- Staff never was a SOLO PvP weapon as it needs a team to shine and 1vs1 you can only win if you outplay your opponent because of the multiple disadvantages. (longer casting times, no instant protection -CC needs to be aimed- , no single-target burst)

- D/Whatever IMHO just doesn’t work anymore: You MELT vs anything because you need to melee people and that exposes you FAR more than ranged options. This is aggravated by the amount of necros that just corrupt most of the few defenses we have (boons) like there is no tomorrow + the auras nerf. OFC you could go full bunker and that really helps to survive, but the dmg gets heavily hurt.

- Then we have scepters fresh air build, yes it deals considerable single target dmg, but you are still food to the conditions and cant really deal with stealth so I’m not fully convinced by it.

- Finally I tried to play a little out-of-the box and went for a (scepter-focus) fire-water-earth “SAGES” condition build with a really improved success: Suddenly I could fight and down reapers, help the team by doing strong area dmg and burst low-HP opponents in 2 secs easily. I’m still testing/tweaking it but -at least for me- the improvement was far enough to share it.

This is the build if you change the carrion amulet for the Sage´s one. (I need to try the carrion still)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhcMovhdOwxB0RMQAYRBIAEEpswRIKMtgXQQA-TJhAwAw2fY0JAAwDAYcZAA

Actually had reasonable success with this, with a bit of practice it could be quite capable.

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

So, I tested paladin’s fresh air….please don’t waste your time. The build is so bad, even if you just try to +1, your damage is way too easy to mitigate when everyone has a million skills that block/evade, you take too much damage b/c phoenix require melee range to reasonably hit, and you don’t even do that much damage. Even if you try a tankier d/d setup with fresh air, paladin’s doesn’t work b/c your defense is prot + healing, and an amulet without healing power basically means you just die. You are too susceptible to condi bursts, power bursts, and sustained damage, with poor burst as your only positive.

It was funny, as one guy disparaged his own team for losing to a team “with a fresh air ele,” like it was some kind of insult to be defeated by such scum.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

I am runing 2 builds:
- Bunker D/D (earth/water/tempest) with stoneskin and cleansing on shout+regen with mender amulet and soldier runes.

- Lightning rod cc + burst S/F (air/water/tempest) with cleanisng on shout+regen with mender amulet and soldier runes.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

With all the builds I tried, I’ve always had a hard time against decent thieves. Even traiting for stone heart doesn’t help that much because as we all know, camping on earth is just prolonging your death while it doesn’t give any decent kind of offense.

I even tried playing WH, both Power and/or Condi, and it’s worse than before as expected. Having to choose between Vit and Toughness to get healing power (plus the removal of Cele) with no weapon skill that cleanses or grants immunity, I’ve become a sitting duck once my stun breaks are on cooldown. It’s just I’m bad or the weapon is really bad.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

With all the builds I tried, I’ve always had a hard time against decent thieves. Even traiting for stone heart doesn’t help that much because as we all know, camping on earth is just prolonging your death while it doesn’t give any decent kind of offense.

I even tried playing WH, both Power and/or Condi, and it’s worse than before as expected. Having to choose between Vit and Toughness to get healing power (plus the removal of Cele) with no weapon skill that cleanses or grants immunity, I’ve become a sitting duck once my stun breaks are on cooldown. It’s just I’m bad or the weapon is really bad.

As of dealing with thieves, the bunker build(look above) had that problem you mention of dealing no damage, but I was using staff, had to change to d/d to counter that effect, also added fiery greatsword as an elite so I can camp on earth while dealing decent damage, but this last is optional depending on how many condis oposite team is running. There’s a certain kind of thief that counters the build alltogether and is the kind that just spams cc on a nice high damage dealing chain.

Second build (cc) deals with thieves (a single one at a time tho) a lot better, the cc chain +blindness disable the thief for enough time to undload enough damage to either kill it or leave it under 25% forcing them to run and hide.

Edit: cc thief has problems againist the second build because it triggers traited shocking aura

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

(edited by kuritsutian.2987)

in Elementalist

Naurgalen.2374

Try the build I posted, Thiefs shouldnt be a problem with it. If they go invi, just spam fire area dmg near you, if the go near to hit-crit you can go to earth and bleed them to death. (you can use stone hearth, for the lulz, but its not even needed) Heck even if they spike you with dmg you can make yourself invulenable, dodge, telep, or blind them while still given them a nice condition presure: all your non weapon skills deal dmg and even your heal burns enemys near you. Many times they run and die from burning/bleeding.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I like the build Naurglen. Funny its a baseline ele. Its a bit the direction i play too.
Use new Mercenary and off this one goes …

Made slight mods (Scavenger rune + vulnerability sigil) which i find more useful in this build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhcMovhdOwxB0RMQAYRBIAEEpswRIKMtgXQQA-TJhAABjVGAgHAAGnAgA3fAA

in Elementalist

Naurgalen.2374

I like the build Naurglen. Funny its a baseline ele. Its a bit the direction i play too.
Use new Mercenary and off this one goes …

Made slight mods (Scavenger rune + vulnerability sigil) which i find more useful in this build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhcMovhdOwxB0RMQAYRBIAEEpswRIKMtgXQQA-TJhAABjVGAgHAAGnAgA3fAA

+ Mercenary vs Sages I think its a matter of preference as both “feel” in my tests equally strong:

With Sages, Rock barrier and in earth you can get to almost 2468 defense which for me is more than enough for a ranged ele, while with mercenarys you are getting 3028! pts of armor and 2628 without RB and in fire, which are really really nice. What you loose in mercenarys is the healing and that is: 770 pts of water healing + 840 from cantrips + 420 from auto cleansing fire + 280 from soothing ice + 280 from healing ripple + 280 from the healing and 56 per cast. (thats one free healing every 4th attack) Thats almost 3k of healing without getting soothing mist into account as you shouldn’t stay in water too long. So its a matter of burst protection vs more sustain for me.

+ Sigil of Fragility is a really good option if you feel that you have enough condition cleanse (and you have unless you fight vs 2 necros focusing you), so yeah it probably is better as it gives 1 extra condition that they need to get rid off to get to your burning. Thanks!

- I tested Scavenger (I lost 5 gold to do it) and really felt my dps going down a LOT, then I started reading and understood why I shouldn’t recommend it:
a) Vitality to Condition dmg is really low, just 109 pts
b) The healing parts have too long cd for the low amount of healing
c) You loose the extra burning application on healing
and the most important:
d) “Condition” ele works because of the burning (*), loosing 40% duration even with the extra 100 condition damage brings down the dmg output: Fire Autos loose 270 dmg, Dragons tooth looses 818 dmg, Flamewall 270, cleansing fire 1722 + no burning on healing. And you only gain 60 dmng on fire shield, 262 in signet of earth, and 137 on earths auto to compensate. IMPORTANT: this base differences only grows with every stack of might you get! (and we want to stack might)

(*) While bleeding may hurt enough while defending, fire is the real eles condi:
1) Burning is the strongest damage condition in the game
2) We have many skills that apply it (6 in fire with this build), making light condition cleanse builds fear us
3) Most skills have a damage related to power, making might useful to empower both the power dmg and the condition dmg
4) We have 1 fire field + 2 blast finishers while in fire to empower our damage

So with FAR more tests I would update my build to include Sigil of fragility and changing Blinding Ashes for Pyromancers puissance: You want to be mostly on fire to dish dmg, and only change to earth when you need to get defensive, with little doses of water to heal/interrupt and air (ranged shield+interrupt +bonus blind and 800 instant dmg) when its needed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

I’ve been having a lot of fun with Mercenary amu tempest with fire/earth/tempest. Running S/W, trooper runes, sigil of battle and smoldering. For utilities I run WtPA for the quicker heal, cleansing fire for burns and condi removal, feel the burn, flash freeze and rebound. Basically its just camping earth and fire to stack might, bleeds and burns. Air for cc, water for heals, pretty straightforward but a lot of fun!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I agree in the water build sage might be the better option at least for team support its superior. I did play with scavenger a lot and it was realy good. It added damage. That are over 1k hits and heals. One passive proc and one after healing (I mostly used it combined with arcane brilliance). While the 40% burn duratio nis especially good for fire aura and the burn proc i feel the other skills don´t need it. There are a lot of clenses flying around. So here an optional build.

Offensive base condi ele. I played something similar before HOT and has a lot of fun.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMIC9Mg1NAOOA8RgBDAbyBrggYEAyk9waSWE/CA-T5gAABYcCACc/BAeAAAA

This one uses mercanary!
The weakness is condy cleanse. It can mitigate a condi burst but dies to sustained condi.
Kill them befor ther condis do.
It will eat most power builds alive!

Now i use tempest instead of arcane.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

Tried the oldschool D/D ele. Fire/Water/Arcane with pally amulet. This build can get 1 shot by every single elite spec. Dont even try to run it.
Only decent build is the D/F Shout bunker. Wich bores me to death.
That is because I refuse to play anything close to a condi spec.

D/F frontline for [PUSH]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Tried the oldschool D/D ele. Fire/Water/Arcane with pally amulet. This build can get 1 shot by every single elite spec. Dont even try to run it.
Only decent build is the D/F Shout bunker. Wich bores me to death.
That is because I refuse to play anything close to a condi spec.

Unfortunately bunker support is the “best” role eles can ever hope to play in PvP for any other duellist build you must run a condi build of sort anything less will simply fails extremely hard, this because any direct dmg spec generally speaking requires vast investments in stats, something the ele can’t afford to pay given its poor base design that lacks any sort of active defense

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Since the patch I have been trying:

DPS builds with a bit support.
Scepter + focus.
Fresh air earth, air, tempest.
Fresh air water, air, tempest.

Both with paladin amulet.

Support bunker builds.
Staff.
Support bunker, earth, water, tempest with paladin amulet.

Dagger + warhorn/focus.
Support bunker, earth, water, tempest, with merc/sage amulet.

The earth builds have Stone heart, as Diamond skin has been way overnerfed.
I didnt mind changing the immunity to something else but it has been so much nerfed that its not worth a trait point anymore imo.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in Elementalist

Naurgalen.2374

Well, while the scepter focus “condition” build that I proposed is decent, I need to say that fresh airs scepter/warhorn is FAR better. It is weaker vs necros condi burst and has no panic button, BUT it deals more consistent dmg, has access to far more mobility and can support your team really strong while having almost the same survivability.

The build is nothing special:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhdywA0gJ25AY4AwhJWaAMhCQA4D6eZ3sfWijQN4HA-TpQ7AAw+DZZAA

The keys are

- You have 4 possible active magnetic auras from 5 secs each, thatmeans lots of protection from ranged attacks & interrupts that also can deal dmg + 1 more when you drop of 90% health every 10 secs… !!! ranged enemy’s shouldn’t be a problem
- But what about melee? Melee attackers should be controlled by positioning (you have perma swiftness & lightning flash + superspeed with “one with air” if you need it) and smart use of the 3 blinds (dust storming the area were you will fight is always a good idea). Shock aura is really strong too, but its applications are not instant so they can help dealing with melee pressure but not with melee spikes.
- While you can do a spike dmg with air, the REAL dmg comes from overloading air, so use it whenever you can
- Water is really strong as support with 3 area heals, 2 regens that can cleanse conditions + a water field for blasting
- For real tankier opponents stack might in fire while burning them and then dish the air dmg

- Finally using powerful aura instead of cleansing water can really shine when you have 2 or more friends, but if you are going solo the extra condi cleanse is better as this build tends to get lot of boons that can be corrupted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I tried this, and it works decently.
paladins – take ferocious winds if you have a rev
sigils – whatever
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XCdOg9XCWYC8RglGAz9yuZHtDrgOAhCQA4DC-TJBFwAAeAAYLDQ4EAUc/BA

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Elementalist

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I have tried countless builds, here are my favs and a quick comparison to the currently best classes (scrapper, reaper, druid and rev)

Fresh air S/F (either with marauder or pala amu)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XCdOg9XCWYCcYilHATIAcA2guT2M7nd4EkB6gA-T5AFwAF3fgwDAAwJAAA

Doesn’t feel bad, but DPS is too low and/or sustain is too low to win 1v1’s against top-builds and in teamfights you get trained down too easily without pala amu. Feels pretty decent in teamfights, 1v1 is not bad, but not good either. Decent chances against reaper (with decent I mean around even MU) and condi-rev, might stalemate a scrapper and a defensive druid, a power-rev will shred you though.

Staff Support (pala amu with monk runes or menders amu with soldier runes)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XCdOg9XCWYCcYilNAjYFkCGBu71/6hd4BEAugA-T5QIABA8AAm9CA0z+DAA

It’s a pure teamfight/support build with some very limited 1v1 potential in terms of holding a point. It could have a certain place in the right meta, even at a high level of play, because the support and on-point pressure is very nice in teamfights. Depends heavily on how the meta exactly turns out though and if a pure support build can find a place in it.

D/D Roamer / Allrounder (merc amu)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XCdOg9XCWYCcYilNAzdv+XPsErgUwIY4BEAKgA-T5QHwAAOBABeAAA3fAA

Jack of all Trades, Master of None. 1v1’s are all very hard to master, especially against necro (simply timing your weapon swaps and spreading out the conditions you apply can win or loose you the 1v1), but they are best possible on this build IMHO. Against reaper and condi-rev, it should be a win, scrapper and druid a stalemate or a win, well, or a loss…. depends heavily on their build IMHO, need more testing as well. Power Rev is hard to judge, haven’t played that many really good ones yet. I think it has decent chances, probably still one of the harder MU’s.

I’ve also played the build with pala-amu and blood/leeching sigils, but I feel the dps is too low and too reliant on air-overload.

The reliance on condi-dmg of the merc amu makes the MU harder to play against Necro (but if you play it right, it’s better IMHO) and the merc amu + condi sigils just boost my overall dps by a huge margin. The 1000 precision with 0 ferocity give me an increase of about 25% on physical DMG, but the 1000 condi-dmg boost my condition-dmg immensely, which does make a large part of the dps.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)