Pve HoT roaming build

Pve HoT roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

I just got my ele to 80 and into HoT maps. Can anyone surgest a build/weapon to use in the HoT maps and meta events like the chak.
I have heard that staff is bad because of all the moving mobs is this true.
Thanks for the help.

Pve HoT roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

I run an aura-zerker build with D/W and am having a lot of fun with it, the aura traits don’t hurt damage too bad, and ups survivability a lot, especially for roaming in small groups where everyone enjoys almost 100 percent swift/vigor/regen/fury

Pve HoT roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

In my opinion…

If you’re on your own, go dagger/warhorn or dagger/focus with some defensive traits and utilities.

If you’re in groups/zergs, go staff. You really just need to tag, and fire staff 5 will tag the whole event. Since you can’t see the mobs in all the visual effects to know when to use your defenses, you rely on staff’s range as your defense instead.

For builds, go on youtube and watch the guides by DEKeyzToChaos. Keep adding defensive traits and utilities to them until you stop dying too much.

Pve HoT roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I run marauder+zerker fire/water/tempest staff most of the time (build). Tempest means your damage doesn’t drop to zero when fire attunement is on cooldown, so you can use the other attunements more freely. I can swap to water or earth for some utility or heals and then to air and overload for massive damage and then back to fire (optionally swapping through water again before going to fire)

and no, staff is still great. The only thing is chak will attempt to move out of your AoEs when they aren’t currently attacking, so you have to be careful about that. You can actually use it to your advantage though. Like if you’re at max range and lay down a lava font between a ranged chak and yourself, it will run away from you to get out of it, and then back towards you and back into it to get back in attack range (and then die). so you can zone them. but in a more chaotic fight it can be annoying

The other build I run is a tanky dagger/warhorn burning focused build. earth/water/tempest for maximum tanky. fire/water/tempest or fire/earth/tempest for more burning. It’s good at soloing difficult content, and a lot of mobs have a lot of armor, so it’s good against those. Also dust storm is an amazing skill. Does big damage and provides good defense with the pulsing blind. Takes a long time to do all its damage though.

(edited by reikken.4961)