Question: Ele self-heal when downed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

So I have what may end up being a stupid question about eles.

Today in soloQ I was fighting a staff ele, who I would guess was in cleric gear as his damage wasn’t good but he healed up quite a bit. After a lengthy 1 on 1 (why he wasn’t devastating my team with team heals, I don’t know), I whittle him down because he had no damage, and down him. During the fight I capped the point, and I decide to let the ele go a bit to make sure I don’t get cheese pulled onto a glass pane since it was skyhammer.

So at some point, the ele just got back up and kept fighting. Now, I am pretty sure this wasn’t a rally because no one from my team was there for awhile, and the above situation took a little while to happen. I am wondering: can eles cast a healing field and go down, just to be healed back up by their own spell, or something similar to that?

Or maybe it was just a rally from some time earlier and this is a dumb question. But I was just wondering if there is something out there I should be watching for to avoid the same situation.

Thanks for reading!

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

The water ele pet can actually heal people from downstate but it’s totally random and the ele cannot force the pet to heal.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Also, when casting Glyph of Renewal in Fire and dying shortly afterwards, the Ele can rez him/herself with that glyph. This only takes several seconds to proc – so a few seconds after hitting the floor, the ele stands up again. Maybe that’s what happened…?

But if you say it took a while, the ele maybe just healed up with the downed heal skill. This doesn’t take too long with a low health pool that some cleric eles have.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Also, when casting Glyph of Renewal in Fire and dying shortly afterwards, the Ele can rez him/herself with that glyph. This only takes several seconds to proc – so a few seconds after hitting the floor, the ele stands up again. Maybe that’s what happened…?

But if you say it took a while, the ele maybe just healed up with the downed heal skill. This doesn’t take too long with a low health pool that some cleric eles have.

This sounds like what happened. The fight took awhile because this ele had quite a bit of healing and cleansing, but when he was down, I went to make sure I wasn’t going to get ganked since I didn’t expect him to get back up, and then be just got back up. That part only took a few moments. He didn’t have very long to self heal, so that wasn’kitten

I have an additional question: is there a visual cue look for if glyph of renewal was cast in fire attunement? I’m a little rusty on my ele literacy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

This sounds like what happened. The fight took awhile because this ele had quite a bit of healing and cleansing, but when he was down, I went to make sure I wasn’t going to get ganked since I didn’t expect him to get back up, and then be just got back up. That part only took a few moments. He didn’t have very long to self heal, so that wasn’kitten

I have an additional question: is there a visual cue look for if glyph of renewal was cast in fire attunement? I’m a little rusty on my ele literacy.

I think there’s a buff icon, but you will never have to know it because any ele using glyph of renewal should never be a problem for you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

It has a 3,25s cast time – during that time the ele draws a glyph symbol into the air in front of him/her (similar to summoning an elemental). After that, there is a black icon with the golden glyph in it among all the other boons in the bar. You can see what that icon looks like here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_renewal

As long as this symbol is there, the ele can “insta rezz” from downed state. So waiting with downing the ele until the symbol is gone is the best counter to it (apart from interrupting the veeeery loooooong cast).

EDIT:

I think there’s a buff icon, but you will never have to know it because any ele using glyph of renewal should never be a problem for you.

There are Eles out there who don’t need 3 cantrips in their utility bar – that doesn’t necessarily mean they are bad players. You are right about that glyph being used very rarely though. I yet have to encounter one of those with Glyph of Renewal equipped

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

There’s always the chance a thief was lurking around there and picked him up while remaining invisible. Just one possible suggestion.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.