Question about Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Before the nerf to celestial armor, I was about to make the celestial set. But I want input from the current players with the celestial set to let me know if it really was a huge noticeable nerf to the stats overall or not. If yes, what should I focus on in terms of crafting knights/zerkers? Any type of feedback will be appreciated! Because I like what celestial has to offer in terms of balance throughout the stats. But I want to know if you see a huge drop in the overall DPS.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It depends on if you cared about damage/crit damage more then the other stats. Every crit damage set was nerfed celestial was nerfed more then the other crit damage sets because it had less power to start.

You could still make celestial to round out some of your stats and slot trinkets for more damage and vice versa.

It’s up to you but if you where to say do celestial armor soldiers trinkets or soldiers armor and celestial trinkets you would see that your numbers are pretty close to the same. No matter how you split it up now the stats are about the same.

Celestial trinkets where bad but now they aren’t to bad.

The celestial amulet gives more then the top, the rings give more then the weapons. I am running celestial amulet, 1 ring, 1 accessory now.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

I had celestial armor and i broke it because when i used the calculator i found out that PVT set with a mix of Berserker/Cavalier gave me the same Ferocity and a lot more power.

The only good thing about a full celestial set is the condi and the healing power who are a lot more than my current set.I am still not sure if it was a bad idea to break the set.I might make anotherone just to test,but i was really dissapointed when the patch came out.I know plenty of good eles used to run FULL celestial(armor/trinkets) and that may be still viable for sets like D/D S/D.Not for staff though.

Also i went full zerkers in WvW with staff.I think its not worth it.Even with 6 points in earth and the new trait the armor will not save you if gankers head your way.So far i find it impossible to reah the lvls of destruction i could achieve with staff pre-patch(unless you are hitting upleveled players ofc)

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I looked at sPvp where celestial ammy Eles are doing well. Obviously this is with rune of strength help but the same can be done with hoelbrak and a sigil of force.

I dropped a lot of my crit damage but my weakness was other ele’s with crit damage so I put on a few celestial pieces to raise crit damage and healing. I noticed a difference with the sustain just from duels it was much better. I think the main stats to look at celestial for is some healing power, some vit, and some crit damage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

I’m running full celestial still and comparing to pre patch i would say it is simmilar or even i do more dmg cause of strengh runes (talking about wvw). The only loss is the overall boon durations, but stat buffs on celestial partially make it. Anyone who sais that it was nerfed to the ground (firstly i thought that too). Celestial has not enough power to begin with, thats why crit dmg doesnt scale as much. With the strengh runes it is even more powerful (i know that many classes uses that now), also now i can use sigil of doom. All that making celsetial very viable (for me even more then pre patch, i’m dealing more dmg, but hybrid) – more power from strength – more direct dmg, more might (and new blast finisher) – more dirct dmg, more condi dmg, sigil of doom – more condi dmg and utility.

(edited by Rudy.6184)

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Maybe a bit off topic… But what kind of traits/utilities/weapon are you running with celestial armor? I’m looking to make a celestial build for WvW. I’d prefer a S/D build, but I’m not sure if it’s optimal with celestial gear and a fresh air build (wouldn’t imagine using S/D without fresh air), so maybe time to switch to d/d?

in Elementalist

Lettuce.2945

Thanks everyone. I think I’m going to try out either full celestial armor and balance it off with some zerker trinkets or a mix of zerkers/soldiers trinkets. While I’m not 100% concerned about the crit damage, I do like a good sustain which I can get from the healing power and such. I’m also running full runes of strength so that does help mitigate the power loss by swapping to celestials.

@Guy above

I run 0/2/2/4/6 personally for d/d. Stone splinters in Earth, Bolt to the heart in lighting, and the usual in the bottom 2. Cleansing water, cantrip mastery. And evasive arcana lines with vigor on crit and attunement bonuses.

in Elementalist

paleeshi.1924

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

I’m using simillar dd build but imo zephyr boon is just too good not to take it. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhMM6cW4wyBfEBKACxk5CFQ0iyfnmF-TlCEABRcgASZ/BBVCip6PS8AA0S5XbaI6TPAAHQgGOBAECo8YA-w

I put 2 in fire for extra mightstacks and power, but those 2 points u can put wherever u want (earth for stone splitters, water for cleanesing wave, or air for extra lightning hit). Also often using another dagger with bloodlust and swap after getting stacks (u wont lose it cause u got sigil on trident also – thats trick ;p). With that im mind you really have enough power ^^. As for food i also like tough/prec, or cheaper mango pie if i just roam randomly. Also you could try use siglet of restoration, but i find it to low with cond cleanse, and switching one cantrip for puriging flames would make it (or maybe that 30 in water), but i find that i dont really need that signet and those cantrips are unswitchable for me.
@paleeshi – I’m not a scepter player, but idk how would be working celestial with scepter build without evasive arcana/water investment – u dont make use off the healing power. With that u got quite nice armor, but not as good sustain and one condicleanse which can be easely interrupted (that is con of this skill ;/). Maybe diamond skin would make a trick, but i wouldnt risk making build without arcane or water investment.

(edited by Rudy.6184)

in Elementalist

paleeshi.1924

Rudy: I was actually thinking S/F (idk why I put dagger in off hand). It got a bit more condi cleans, plus with stability in earth, u are allowed to channel heal w/o interrupts. Either way though, you are probably right – it still not enough for condi cleans. I might tweak with a d/d build after all.. Just find ranged is easier to play and like the burst better.

(edited by paleeshi.1924)

in Elementalist

Lettuce.2945

All right, so I’m in the middle of crafting ascended armor and I was messing around on the build editor to try to find a solid balanced build that maintains a high dps but has good healing power/sustain along with decent armor and high crit/crit dmg and decent hp which will be higher if you have the WvW vitality on kill.

I definitely don’t mind swapping one of my trinkets to soldiers since 2k power is good in my opinion with 2.6k armor. But I kind of like having dps. I think this is a solid build across all contents, PvE, WvW.

Let me know what you think.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoIIwCQIGL0oHiCU+4ugA-TVDHABA8AA6Y/BhUiwoKF9pGwTKBBSplBnAA/URwJlBxpHIMNEBqKSAgDg5LfAs8yLv8yL3yLv8yLvcpAiYZE-w

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I looked at sPvp where celestial ammy Eles are doing well. Obviously this is with rune of strength help but the same can be done with hoelbrak and a sigil of force.

I dropped a lot of my crit damage but my weakness was other ele’s with crit damage so I put on a few celestial pieces to raise crit damage and healing. I noticed a difference with the sustain just from duels it was much better. I think the main stats to look at celestial for is some healing power, some vit, and some crit damage.

Great output. I started crafting celestial again because of Vit, Ferocity, and Healing Power. I also don’t mind the power loss now because of Runes of Strength and I also get more Ferocity than my previous set which was Knights/Soldier. I also like celestial because it lets me use different builds revolving around different traits with just 1 armor set.