Question about elementalist buff

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xydrius.3681

Xydrius.3681

Just wondering if anyone has any info of elementalist buffs/nerfs that are inc.
Is the ele completely broken at this current time?
Please no any good player can beat any class. I understand this I’m talking about the mechanics of the class for that particular question.
And finally whether or not elementalist are viable for end game dungeons runs and if it will be hard to find parties/not being annoying and useless?

Seriously not trying to passively insult the class I actually want answers because there is a decent amount of mixed information.

I play ele as my main atm and I do okay, but I personally feel that I am forced into certain things, forced not to used certain things to survive etc etc etc.

Anyway yeah thanks in advance

in Elementalist

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Classes and even builds are irrelevant for most content. If you’re trying to min-max or speedclear, then I don’t think ele is the best choice. But as it stands, any dungeon can be done by any assortment of competent players in rare quality gear or higher.

I typically play with people of this mindset, and although I disagree with their choice of builds (staff support ele, venom share thief, and things like that) there’s nothing that is impossible or overly difficult to do. Maybe one wipe per explorable if we take a PUG or it’s new. Again, the important thing and keyword is competent. If you or the people you play with are complete idiots then you’ll have a much harder time if you than if you were a warrior or something.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

for PvE anything works, even condition staff (-sigh-), so dont bother about it. As for sPvP, I will advise you to stay from it. Hotjoins are all nice and all but even there they have problems, so please dont burden your team by handicapping them with an ele.

Other than that I would say enjoy the class PvE, they are quite fun to play from the mechanic point of view (as compared to warriors which are very effective but totally boring). Yes they are weak in PvP but its ok, Anet actually wanted that, the proof they succeeded was the fact that there was 0 eles in the last MLG and the ele who dared to play that class in the next compettion after MLG costed the game to his team, so he wont be daring to that again anytime soon.

Hope that helps, /cheers

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

No buffs incoming. No nerfs incoming. Anet is only watching warrior right now.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

^ it seems so, but expect more nerfs if a hoard of new players playing warrior complain about the Ele before they learn how to play their already overpowered class. Pray it does not happen yet again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

^ it seems so, but expect more nerfs if a hoard of new players playing warrior complain about the Ele before they learn how to play their already overpowered class. Pray it does not happen yet again.

There is something needed to “learn” about the Warrior profession? Some mysterious trick to reveal?

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

ImProVocateur.5189

STRanger.5120,
No. Warrior is straight forward. Isn’t it boggling why it took the first players so long to figure it out?

cheshirefox.7026,
Should we begin demanding buffs to our downed state, so that our most used skills allow us to fulfill our support role better?

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120,
No. Warrior is straight forward. Isn’t it boggling why it took the first players so long to figure it out?

Yeah, that was sarcasm m8 I should have added that to the post obviously….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

They made some buffs to the support aspect of Ele with staff and auras. Aside from that , Anet has, and i repeat , said many many times , that the ele is meant to be the jack of all trades and master of none.

So as far as Anet is concerned, both in wvw, pvp and PvE, the ele is quite balanced. Which i will say is 85% the truth. DnD ele could use some buffs and so does the fire trait and arcane line.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

They made some buffs to the support aspect of Ele with staff and auras. Aside from that , Anet has, and i repeat , said many many times , that the ele is meant to be the jack of all trades and master of none.

The original description of the class (the one on which the choice of players majority was based) is nowhere near “jack of all trades” type.
So what about no, the class is not “balanced” and definitely not working as intended (lot of bugged/glitched traits/skills etc.). And tell me, why Eles are the only class which has nerfed healing in PvP? I seriously doubt that the class was so strong when compared to others (you know which classes I have in mind) that it deserved the heal + ridiculous mobility nerf….
I rather say that it was because of players, Eles are mainly played by skilled people, because the class allows the skill usage due to the mechanics. But why we have to be punished for this? It’s a standard “more skill, more reward” type of class, not “more skill, more nerfs”, don’t you think?

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The original description of the class (the one on which the choice of players majority was based) is nowhere near “jack of all trades” type.
So what about no, the class is not “balanced” and definitely not working as intended (lot of bugged/glitched traits/skills etc.). And tell me, why Eles are the only class which has nerfed healing in PvP? I seriously doubt that the class was so strong when compared to others (you know which classes I have in mind) that it deserved the heal + ridiculous mobility nerf….
I rather say that it was because of players, Eles are mainly played by skilled people, because the class allows the skill usage due to the mechanics. But why we have to be punished for this? It’s a standard “more skill, more reward” type of class, not “more skill, more nerfs”, don’t you think?

Hence why i said “as far as anet is concerned”

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Hence why i said “as far as anet is concerned”

Also true m8, +1

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

ImProVocateur.5189

STRanger.5120,

Yeah, that was sarcasm m8 I should have added that to the post obviously….

I know. I was using your post as a platform. I saw the smiley faces.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Next patch we’ll get new buffs for a better support role in our downed state, so we can die faster, and free the party from the drag.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock