Question for Anet Regarding Shouts

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

How come shouts introduced in Heart of Thorns have a cast time but the shouts on warrior and guardian do not?

I guess the reason I ask is slight annoyance at not being able to cast some shouts while overloading mixed with the lack of consistency that shouts are instant because you are shouting

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

“Aftershock!” and “Rebound!” should definitely be instant-cast. Especially considering that the latter is supposed to save your butt. The former would combine so well with our Overload combo fields if it were instant-cast…sigh.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

“Aftershock!” and “Rebound!” should definitely be instant-cast. Especially considering that the latter is supposed to save your butt. The former would combine so well with our Overload combo fields if it were instant-cast…sigh.

It’s also inconsistent across the Ele-Shouts since “Feel the Burn!” actually is instant.

I’d also like to see “Aftershock!” to be instant, but not for the combos, since 3/4 overloads would not even benefit from blasting mid cast and 2 of those don’t even leave a field behind, but for the instant aura. Since Magnetic Aura is by far the most valuable aura in the game for PvE it can be almost like a second Rebound, saving you from potentially lethal damage and the opportunity to abuse some boss mechanics.

On “Rebound!” tho’….. let’s put it that way: I’ve stopped counting how many times I have died mid-cast of this skill.
It’s one thing to have a cast time on the damage converters of War & Rev since they can instantly full-heal when under fire.
But if I manage to even get Rebound to go off properly, when it procs I have ~2000 HP at most and I don’t get some I-Frames like from a Mistlock singularity. I am still dead in most cases. It’s stupid to have a .75s cast time on that thing on top of that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Oh would this be sweet. all souts instant and a -20% CD reduction in tempestius aria…..
It would actually make non bunker/healbot tempest a bit more playable …

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

The cast time is used as part of the balance of the skill for pvp, but it’s definitely weird from a flavor perspective that some shouts are instant cast and others are not. Rebound I can see not being instant cast since it’s potentially a very powerful effect (though usually not lol). Flash Freeze definitely seems way too good for instant cast. Aftershock I have no explanation for, the cooldown is so long for the effect that I don’t really see why it has a cast time.

It would also be nice to see the skills just have no cast time in pve since flash freeze and aftershock are weak skills there anyway. Rebound is a bit better but compared to other classes, ele would still have the worst elites in pve even with an instant cast rebound.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I would be happy if just Aftershock lost its cast time that way it can be cast during an overload to trap enemies in the overload for a couple seconds. Its a small change that would buff them in wvw and not so much in pvp. I also think it would be better at a 40s cd.

Bad Elementalist