Question to WvW players

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Q:

Hey guys. I don’t have many classes up to 80, because I ’m spvp.. However one idea did intrigue me.

Has anyone tried out a 0/0/30/20/20 shamans (condition/healing) staff ele with the new WvW/pvE only runes of perplexity?

I’d imagine as static field will interrupt any movement skill in an aoe, the confusion from this could be quite nasty.. Has anyone tried it out?

Phaatonn, London UK

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Where’s the reply from kodiak on this, come on buddy this is your area of expertise.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I don’t get where the confusion is coming from? Confusion makes you do damage to yourself. Static field is a stun which emulates a daze.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Phaeton.9582

I don’t get where the confusion is coming from? Confusion makes you do damage to yourself. Static field is a stun which emulates a daze.

The runes do.. (5?) stacks of confusion on interrupt, for 10+ seconds, something staff eles can do aoe.

Phaatonn, London UK

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: OliT.7945

OliT.7945

In my opinion at least, and with the other buffs the rune gives, it’s really not worth it. Sure you will get confusion on a few people in a large fight, but they will likely clense it off right away if they are a decent player or with a decent group. Other runes would give far more effective buffs that work with better builds the ele runs. If you look at it in terms of a roaming staff ele build, well… It doesn’t really matter what runes you use, you’re suicidal :P

Tomadar/Tomagar
Elementalist for Repel Time [ETA]
Always happy to accept gold donations.

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Phaeton.9582

In my opinion at least, and with the other buffs the rune gives, it’s really not worth it. Sure you will get confusion on a few people in a large fight, but they will likely clense it off right away if they are a decent player or with a decent group. Other runes would give far more effective buffs that work with better builds the ele runs. If you look at it in terms of a roaming staff ele build, well… It doesn’t really matter what runes you use, you’re suicidal :P

Erm not sure about other runes giving better buffs, was more about if these runes could bring up that specific spec to be viable in WvW.

I’m no WvW expert, but in spvp this would be a huge boost to condition eles.. Would be a shame if it wasn’t useable due to condi cleanse spamming.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

I can’t read, obviously.
Confusion is one of those debuffs I’ve always wished I had.
I am intrigued!

Would “shocking aura” in dagger proc it, too? Or focus’s “comet”?

I have a celestial set that I’d like to try these runes out on. I just fitted them with boon duration/melandru yesterday. I’d hate to waste gold swapping them all for something that doesn’t really do anything.

I’ve been using the celestial in d/d and staff so far. It’s quite fun. It’s slightly less in vit and toughness, but higher in damage when you add extra condition damage to the mix that was never there in the past. Watered down zerkers, with a side order of clerics. It was this gear that I used alongside a 10/20/10/20/10 triple threat vs subject 7, and demolished him in under a minute (d/d).

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

I would imagine there’s some kind of cooldown somewhere that would screw up this idea.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Phaeton.9582

I would imagine there’s some kind of cooldown somewhere that would screw up this idea.

as far as I’m aware there isn’t one.. has anyone tested it yet?

Phaatonn, London UK

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

I took the plunge. It does work on shocking aura, and it seems to proc almost every fight from regular hits.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Phaeton.9582

I took the plunge. It does work on shocking aura, and it seems to proc almost every fight from regular hits.

condi ele new meta..? Shame we can’t get it in spvp

Phaatonn, London UK

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I posted a build yesterday with the runes. Shocking aura has the potential to proc 10 confusion on baddies. Not to mention the chance to interrupt from earth 4 skill.

Bad Elementalist

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

that being said it will most likely work with the staff, but the cooldown is like 45 seconds. might be worth it in zergs for dps.

Bad Elementalist

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

Shocking aura, earthquake, updraft, tornado 2 skill all proc it. I’m in love with these runes.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Phaeton.9582

Anyone tried it with a staff condi Ele yet!!??

Phaatonn, London UK

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Heh. Wait until you run into other condi classes running them before you say you wish they were in spvp.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Phaeton.9582

Heh. Wait until you run into other condi classes running them before you say you wish they were in spvp.

Haha well aware of how broken they would be. Heard powerr say though the main reason they’re not in spvp is because the spvp team don’t develop new runes (ie have little control over them).

Phaatonn, London UK

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

No. It will not do anything significant on a staff ele.

Staff ele is mainly, as everyone knows a large scale weapon. Melee train always has extreme amount of condition removal, best raids are basicly immune to conditions. In combination of -40% food and melandru runes aswell.
There are so few conditions elementalist can apply that you can’t provide any shadowing stacks of other conditions, and you cannot reapply constant stream of conditions. If you have played engineer or necro the difference should be quite obvious.
And staff ele has way too few interupts anyway.

Using Shamans is close to the worst thing you could do for large scale staff.

[TA]

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Phaeton.9582

No. It will not do anything significant on a staff ele.

Staff ele is mainly, as everyone knows a large scale weapon. Melee train always has extreme amount of condition removal, best raids are basicly immune to conditions. In combination of -40% food and melandru runes aswell.
There are so few conditions elementalist can apply that you can’t provide any shadowing stacks of other conditions, and you cannot reapply constant stream of conditions. If you have played engineer or necro the difference should be quite obvious.
And staff ele has way too few interupts anyway.

Using Shamans is close to the worst thing you could do for large scale staff.

Don’t think you quite get the nature if this thread.

Cheers for info though bro

Phaatonn, London UK

Question to WvW players

in Elementalist

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

I’m curious if a shared shocking aura (from powerful aura) will carry with it the confusion proc. Has anyone looked into this?