R.I.P. Icebow

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: xXMapcoXx.9614

xXMapcoXx.9614

I know you all still floored about the news over the death of one of our most beloved members of our community the ICEBOW. Now I know most of us will probably take awhile to morn our friend. I will like to take this chance to say memorial creamery wil be held tonight 10pm server time in NA to properly end off our friend. This isn’t just to say farewell to our friend, but to remember all the good time we had together. I remember when I first saw you icebow laying on the ground all alone. You just needed a friend. So picked you up off the ground and when I first pressed skill four I knew I was in love. You will be missed. Also if you plan on attending the ceremony please wear al black. Thank you and remember!

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

???

I’m assuming something from the twitch stream?

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What’s this about Ice Bow?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Creamery?

I’m not sure that is the word you had in mind…unless you are going to be making butter.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Are we making ice cream with the ice bow now? That’s the only reason I can imagine a creamery would be necessary. I call dibs on chocolate.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

xXMapcoXx.9614

Creamery?

I’m not sure that is the word you had in mind…unless you are going to be making butter.

:D

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

is this about the new defiance bar? someone explain how icebow is ded now ;_; i dont want to lose my buddy

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

xXMapcoXx.9614

Are we making ice cream with the ice bow now? That’s the only reason I can imagine a creamery would be necessary. I call dibs on chocolate.

:D

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

TheFantasticGman.9451

someone explain how icebow is dead now

That’s what I’m waiting for. Why is it dead? Are they nerfing skill 4 into nothingness?

Without explaination this thread is worthless.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

from Jon Peters: “Ice Bow and Lighntning Hammer will not be doing the same insane amount of damage like they do now when we ship HoT”

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I’m glad, honestly. Using Ice Bow to fire off two skills then putting it away always felt really weird and cheesy to me. Hopefully if they nerf the skills, Conjures could be re-balanced into something more general purpose and useful (kits?).

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

from Jon Peters: “Ice Bow and Lighntning Hammer will not be doing the same insane amount of damage like they do now when we ship HoT”

Rip ice bow…but why they nerf LH too ;_;

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ice bow I at least understand. Lightning Hammer though? Really?

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

TheFantasticGman.9451

Bummer that Jon Peters thinks that Ice Bow damage is insane. Can’t wait for him to follow John Sharp.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Jerus.4350

I’m glad, honestly. Using Ice Bow to fire off two skills then putting it away always felt really weird and cheesy to me. Hopefully if they nerf the skills, Conjures could be re-balanced into something more general purpose and useful (kits?).

More likely they’ll be ignored (spirit weapons?)

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I just hope it does not end up like FGS, which is now pretty useless for damage after they “balanced” it.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

FGS’s tooltips are pretty strong though

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Considering that we’re STILL waiting on that damage buff for the leap portion of FGS skill 4, I’m not at all optimistic about what Anet will do with the other conjures.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Well now that IB and LH are being nerf, that will make conjures complete useless.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Okay..I think it’s an interesting change.
Frostbow isn’t that great. It was ONLY worth taking because of the traits which gave additional power/precision/damage modifiers.
If these can’t be accessed anymore, icebow will lose its purpose in some way. It was ONLY worth taking because the meta requested taking it. (gear, trinket, weapon choices)
But with these changes. Traits not giving any additional ‘support’. I am curious how gear will change, especially for Ele. Since we will be lacking a lot of precision as well as power.
——
Although there will be a 1000-ish base power?! Gear will get an more important role. Or did I misunderstand something?

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

R.I.P Elemental attunement + evasive arcana, frostbow and lightning hammer.

Only blasting staff in favor… Sad

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

More like rip ele when I see other classes being buffed so much and ele nerfed to oblivion.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Jerus.4350

Okay..I think it’s an interesting change.
Frostbow isn’t that great. It was ONLY worth taking because of the traits which gave additional power/precision/damage modifiers.
If these can’t be accessed anymore, icebow will lose its purpose in some way. It was ONLY worth taking because the meta requested taking it. (gear, trinket, weapon choices)
But with these changes. Traits not giving any additional ‘support’. I am curious how gear will change, especially for Ele. Since we will be lacking a lot of precision as well as power.
——
Although there will be a 1000-ish base power?! Gear will get an more important role. Or did I misunderstand something?

While we are losing some damage modifiers stats shouldn’t be an issue. In fact we should get more of our chosen stats.

We’ll be seeing a baseline increase by about 75 iirc to all stats, then gear will make up for the rest of the “losses” by being increased to compensate. So zerker gear will give more of those stats and if you used to run with points in water/earth/arcane you’ll see an increase in power probably (not sure on numbers but that’s the idea).

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Markin.9167

More like rip ele when I see other classes being buffed so much and ele nerfed to oblivion.

Yep, hope this Tempest especialization bring us some good things to compensate the nerf

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

Also… Bolt to the heart and Fresh Air are now both GM traits… soo also rip Fresh PVP and PvE(

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You can thank the Dungeon community for this. The stack and Icebow spamming has gotten out of control. I’m with the dev’s on this one.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You can thank the Dungeon community for this. The stack and Icebow spamming has gotten out of control. I’m with the dev’s on this one.

The dungeon community didn’t design Ice Bow. That’s like saying, “You can thank the Engineer community for this” for the problem with Turret Engineers.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

LOL, nice one. But Ice Bow is truely strong though. I can understand the nerf.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Jerus.4350

LOL, nice one. But Ice Bow is truely strong though. I can understand the nerf.

I agree, I hope it isn’t nerfed into oblivion and remains worthwhile, but it was a serious burst powerhouse… and you got 2 of them.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Remember the days where FGS had some uses ? R.I.P

Remember the days where Ice Bow had some uses? R.I.P

Remember the days where LH had some uses? R.I.P

The more utilities we get, the more useless we have.
All conjures will be pointless to use (or just for fun).

I really hoped Anet can do something about it (me i am not really loving them anyway), but as an option they are not in my list anymore.

PS: AND WHAT will happen with the ELITES we have they are all so USELESS everywhere….!!!!!!

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Best use of conjures now will be for sitting around bored at the mystic forge in Lion’s Arch or the Dwayna Statue in divinity’s reach, just like we do with flame axe and earth shield now.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Markin.9167

With these conjure weapons becoming useless, we beg please Anet gives us shouts!

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This shows that ANet has no clue what makes conjures strong or not. You take ice bow b/c one of the skills is way stronger than your weapon skills. You take lightning hammer b/c one of the skills (the auto) is way stronger than your weapon skills. If you are giving up a utility slot and locking yourself out of attunement skills, you need a very strong effect to make it worthwhile. If the skills are not inordinately strong (like flame axe and earth shield), then there is never a reason to take the conjure.

My prediction: ice bow will go back to not being used (like pre-buff), lightning hammer will become useless, and the other conjures will continue to rot.

Anet is terrible at balancing eles. They truly don’t understand what makes them tick.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

I will still use Ice Bow anyway, I like its long-range ice theme. The extra power is a bonus to me. But really…. Anet balance team is terribly lazy. Instead of weaken Icebow, they can strength Earth shield and Fire axe.

They hate every overly skills, its almost like they need to be in-control what skill to be used what skill to be neglect by players.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

So, you guys have some insight as to the exact changes for the Ice Bow other than what was said in the AMA yesterday?

Because all I heard is that they’re removing the cheese of push 4 then ignore. Considering the new, shiny Defiance bar…you don’t think that Ice Bow might end up doing something more than push a button to use before having an empty utility slot?

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

So, you guys have some insight as to the exact changes for the Ice Bow other than what was said in the AMA yesterday?

Because all I heard is that they’re removing the cheese of push 4 then ignore. Considering the new, shiny Defiance bar…you don’t think that Ice Bow might end up doing something more than push a button to use before having an empty utility slot?

Yes, I think it can do something different than just push 4 then ignore. Sadly, that’s sort of just “push 5 then ignore” or “don’t use it at all.” Unless Deep Freeze becomes absolutely trash in the new system for breaking the Defiance Bar, it should still be possible to show up. However, unless the other skills are getting buffed (well… I’m really talking about the utter trash first two) then the skill is just going to be dropped entirely. Nerfing one of its two viable options doesn’t exactly go far in making an elemental weapon worth running, and it’s quite possible that the new systems in place completely render it gone from anyone’s builds.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Yes, I think it can do something different than just push 4 then ignore. Sadly, that’s sort of just “push 5 then ignore” or “don’t use it at all.” Unless Deep Freeze becomes absolutely trash in the new system for breaking the Defiance Bar, it should still be possible to show up. However, unless the other skills are getting buffed (well… I’m really talking about the utter trash first two) then the skill is just going to be dropped entirely. Nerfing one of its two viable options doesn’t exactly go far in making an elemental weapon worth running, and it’s quite possible that the new systems in place completely render it gone from anyone’s builds.

To sum it up, it got the FGS nerf so it won’t do as much damage is it did no matter what your build is. It still may be viable in group content, but it wont the be all, end all in terms of utility weapons and rightfully so.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

1st
FGS as any other Flame walls didnt work as itnended, they mealt “things” if they stay in them, Anet clearly state tha was not working as intended. It was bug that was fixed stop cry bcos we could abuse it.

2nd
1 skill as Ice bow Overshadow mesmer/rangers/necros/engis as whole classes by dmg/support, upon that with 2 ele (hi meta) you can use 4 bows at one, and with thief sword basicaly perma deep frost bosses.

Atm problem is not that Mesmer/rangers/Necros or Engi being weak, its more that Ele is highly op with AOE hit boxes and utility with Bows.

(edited by Michal.4513)

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

1st
FGS as any other Flame walls didnt work as itnended, they mealt “things” if they stay in them, Anet clearly state tha was not working as intended. It was bug that was fixed stop cry bcos we could abuse it.

I guess burning speed and burning retreat were completely broken while at the same time whirlwind attack isn’t.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: ylinky.5064

ylinky.5064

1st

2nd
1 skill as Ice bow Overshadow mesmer/rangers/necros/engis as whole classes by dmg/support, upon that with 2 ele (hi meta) you can use 4 bows at one, and with thief sword basicaly perma deep frost bosses.

Atm problem is not that Mesmer/rangers/Necros or Engi being weak, its more that Ele is highly op with AOE hit boxes and utility with Bows.

But ele conjure weapon cant be droped or you lose it, there is no point to bring it if it is not more powerful than ele original weapon skills. (earth shield, flame axe)
Only if they make conjure weapons work like warrior banners, then it will be justify to not more powerful.

R.I.P. Icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

1st

Most people have no problem with THAT change. The actual strike on the 4 skill was supposed to be buffed MASSIVELY so it did a lot of damage. Instead, the actual hit was weaker too. Because it’s an ele problem, it never gets fixed.