Raid Gear - Should I wait?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

Hey gang. I just leveled up an elementalist (which I am absolutely loving by the way) with the intent of taking him to raids as a dps, and I’ve got a question. Am I safe to go ahead and make an ascended set of berserker gear, or should I wait to see if the new meta is going to shift towards the new grief gear (power/prec/condi/ferocity)? I’d like to gear him up now, so he’s not sitting on the bench till PoF, but if it is a better decision to wait, I’ll do so.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I doubt power Ele/Tempest is going anywhere, zerk Ele is probably the safest thing you can invest gold into.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

I doubt power Ele/Tempest is going anywhere, zerk Ele is probably the safest thing you can invest gold into.

I kinda thought so, but wanted to make sure. Thanks for the advice!

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Condi Tempest is highest DPS in the game right now (I’m still curious if Vanilla Condi could beat it) and has a really easy rotation. It’s the easiest DPS choice.

Staff Berserker Tempest can squeak by Condi Tempest against large hitbox targets if you run perfect rotations, have excellent Scholar Rune uptime, and never have to cut your channels short. If you have a great Druid and Chronomancer, complete your channels, and don’t make mistakes, it might generate another 1-2k DPS over Condi.

Weaver will be a better DPS spec than Tempest. It’ll probably favor Condi overall, but we’ll have to wait for the release to know for sure. The rotations are likely to be atrocious for both Power and Condi. DPS will be completely wrecked for either if you leave your chosen element(s).