Raid question for condi ele and reaper

in Elementalist

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

I’m genuinely curious now as I’ve only just finished making an ascended viper set for my reaper.
Is it even worth running a reaper over an ele at the moment?

Both as a condi role seem to fill a fairly similar role. Exception is that necros are that much easier to play. However DPS wise, my reaper’s dps gets gutted by other elemental fields. Ele doesn’t seem to be quite as affected by this and the burn rotation is brain dead.

Your thoughts guys?

Multiple Class Disorder

in Elementalist

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

The new condi Ele builds camps in fire 24/7 and spams every skill when it is off cooldown. How can Reaper be easier?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atomnium.1532

Atomnium.1532

Condi elem benchmarks at 39.7k for large hitbox, 34.2k for small.
Reaper benchmarks at 33.8k.

Condi elem has one of the simplest rotations in the game.
Reaper has a moderately simple rotation.

Combat circumstances do very little to Elem dps.
Combat circumstances can drastically reduce Reaper dps.

Elem have a moderate supply, and a large demand.
Reaper have a large supply, and a small demand.

Why would you reaper ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

I finished my ascended berserker gear last week. Now condi is better. Yay

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

good thing ascended gear can be stat swapped

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Honestly for get a spot in raid with condi tempest is more simple.
It’s Also way more easier to play and can pull off a Crazy DPS.
With condi reaper you have for sure less DPS, so mostly of raid pug Groups Will not May allow you to play it, things that, even if I understand, is a bit stupid since condi reaper can pull a very decent DPS, have tons of cc and in some fight it is really usefull thanks by epidemic.

So in the end if you mostly pug raid and fractal T4 i suggest you condi tempest.
Even if I found it not funny at all’ to play since the brainless rotation it has.
Btw both of them use the same armor with same Runes and both use a dagger (make sure to not ecquip the more expansive sigil here), so you can eventually Gear up One, try it, then move Gear to the other class and choose wich One touch prefere.

p.s.: for the combo finisher things, you can fix it in this way: start to cast RS 5 while moving a bit away from the group, so there Will be a small Ice field free where you can start to cast RS4 while moving into boss’kittenboxe.
In this way you Will get your combo field finisher 100% of the times.

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Ya, when i said reaper was “easier” I meant far safer to play in terms of not getting randomly one shot due to their shroud mechanic. But ya, seems my ele is just getting a second wardrobe now c:

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Multiple Class Disorder

in Elementalist

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Might not be a popular answer but my opinion from someone who solo plays a lot (yay OCX)

Reaper is insanely fun in open world and forgiving. GS+sc/d and things just melt. Can solo lots of things you could not on the ele (well I couldnt). Need more sustain, just click on parasitic contagion, spin up some minions if it gets boring.

Ele its stay in fire or shift into water and lose all your dps for small heals. If you play with friends, in groups and high fractals (raid, t4), then yeah go ele its more dps and a simpler rotation. You could go focus over warhorn for stone invuln if you’re worried about dying to a mechanic.

In wvw (not sure on pvp) but necro has some really strong group builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Catastro.8410

Catastro.8410

Viper Ele is actually viable now? Well this has to be the highlight of my forum visit, time to stat change some viper gear.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Fully minmaxed I beleive it’s a mix of Viper and Sinister, because the only condition it causes is burning and +burning duration is easy to get. But yeah I went full Viper too :-P

in Elementalist

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Umm viper reaper can’t even compete with power tempest, let alone condi tempest.
Also someone above said that condi reaper dps is not the best but its decent….

Its not a decent dps build when u get oudpsed by condi ps 24/7, especially on fights were u dont even have to interrupt your rotation.

(edited by zoomborg.9462)

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Fully minmaxed I beleive it’s a mix of Viper and Sinister, because the only condition it causes is burning and +burning duration is easy to get. But yeah I went full Viper too :-P

Rings + shoulder + One accessory: sinister
Weapons armor amulet back and One accessory: viper
Sigil of smoldering + burattini and berserker runes

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Umm viper reaper can’t even compete with power tempest, let alone condi tempest.
Also someone above said that condi reaper dps is not the best but its decent….

Its not a decent dps build when u get oudpsed by condi ps 24/7, especially on fights were u dont even have to interrupt your rotation.

Condi reaper is really decent dps. Is not Easy to pull out (but even S/W Tempest is Easy) since you have to learn how combo finisher your field (as I said before) but once you get it you can do way more DPS than a condi PS.
Then if you get outdpsed from a condi PS means you are making mistake on your rotation, but even on Power Tempest if you mess up with your rotation you can get lower numbers than a condi ps, since it is Also a very unforgiving rotation.
To not mention how usefull is epidemic in some encounter, and without taking in discussion the fact that have a Tempest in group that give you icebow can push your DPS even more.

Parabrezza