Ranged Versus Melee Kinda

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Am I the only person that finds d/d far superior to s/d for duels? I hate being restricted to close range, so I almost never use a mainhand dagger, but my performance improves dramatically whenever I do.
I think a lot of it is because d/d offers better options for kiting and dealing with stealth and AI, but due to its superior sustained damage and better access to Fury with Zephyr’s Boon, I can also afford to build much more defensively.

Basically, do you agree that dagger/x generally fares better than scepter/x in duels? If not, please explain, because I’ve been playing for almost a year and I’ve never seen much evidence against my thoughts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

I think both have their place.

I prefer my s/x burst/sustain build. While I like d/d I feel that dagger only works with dagger. More so of a synergy type feel. Where as scepter I think feels works well with dagger and focus alike. Dagger for vs melee foes and focus for ranged and condition builds.

A good stealth thief vs s/d or d/d is the hardest counter I feel. Their ability to reset at will draws out the fight. Same with condition meanders but it think those are easier to handle with a/f for a more defensive play.

I just feel the dmg from scepter is better than the survivability of dagger. Being more offensive with scepter lets me choose some interesting trait choices for defense. Gives me some more trait freedom basically. I feel d/d is too ties to water and arcana, which isn’t bad, but redundant.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Sorry on my phone and it won’t let me edit. Excuse the misspelled words lol

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.