Rate my S/F roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Hey guys. so I know absolutely nothing about Eles, not going to lie. I wanted a build that I can solo roam with in WvW and have good sustain as well as damage in 1vx fights.

If you can comment, correct, advise, suggest etc anything that would make this better for a solo roamer, feel free.

thanks.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArdhMmIbnR5wjDIkCog4hF4AcY5RMMD2AA-jECBYfBkwAgEBM7sIaslhFRjVbDTFjIq2erIa1SBYuyI-w

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I suggest arcane wave more than blast, and probably lightning flash over arcane shield because you need the mobility a lot of the time.
In addition, vital striking isn’t particularly good usually unless you’re going full-out burst, so I suggest taking cantrip mastery or the like.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Water: soothing wave for more sustainability and I would definately go for Renewing stamina in Arcana. It is so much better to dodge more frequent furthermore it really synergizes well with Evasive arcana. As P Fun said, take Lightning Flash maybe, you got some cool applications for DMG there.
Press Fiery Greatsword #4 without target and teleport right ontop your enemy while switching to lightning. That needs practice but it is SO much DMG!!
Although I hate Signets I sometimes take Signet of Earth to further improve the outcome.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Anyone else? thanks guys

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skrill.6170

Skrill.6170

build is quite good BUT
you’ll get oneshot by anything sneezing your way.
put 20 into water. works better. you dont need 30 in arcana!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Don’t waste more than just 10 points in the arcane tree if you are not building for bunker spec with s/f. Definitely increase your hp pool and power a bit. You don’t need that much armor; 2500-2600 is more than enough specially with scepter earth 2 skill granting you even more. focus skills and your cantrips utilties provide all the necessary sustain you would need for solo raoming. I was a big fan of arcane blast too but i found other utilities to be more useful.. you might as well if you keep playing around with them too even the conjure ones.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I agree with the swapping of arcane shield for lightning flash, and vital striking for cantrip mastery. Earth 4 and 5 already act as your 2nd safety before mist form. I hope you go and get extra hp from full mastery in guard defense in wvw, because 12k hp dies to everything. The 1800 tougness is only going to help vs players with low crit damage. Do you already have that gear made? Because full knights isn’t ideal.

I personally just roam with my meta staff spec when playing s/x. The damage is pretty bad, but I’ve kited multiple warriors and thieves all over the map with bunker, so it’s fun having that option available still.

For max annoyance I run max immobilize from arcane blast with elemental surge, and signet of earth.

Overall you want at least 15k health, though. And I would practice in hotjoin first, because that’s basically what it’s going to be like.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

Or talk to your guildy who absolutely over obsesses with builds and critiques them in a bunch of ways -_- lol

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

I want the Anomaly soooo bad as focus skin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I would put 10 in earth instead of water, taking Stone Splinters for a more reliable 10% modifier. You also get increased toughness while attuned to earth and 5 seconds after now that it’s fixed for Lingering Elements.

If you wanted more damage and still keep some survivability, you could drop Arcana - which you can do without as a DPS build using Fresh Air - and put another 10 in earth for Obsidian Focus, granting to another 290 toughness while channeling your Air 1 and Earth 1 skills. The other 20 can go to Fire for increased power and condition duration. In fire, you can take cleansing fire for some condition removal, and you can pick up burning on crits which has nice synergy with your critical chance, and makes use of some of that condition damage you got from the earth trait line. It will also help your sustained damage through auto attacks. That being said, you could if you wanted, drop 5 from earth (Obsidian Focus) into fire for another 10% boost against burning foes, which has good synergy with the burning on crit trait for S/*.

For utilities, as already mentioned, I would swap Arcane Shield for Lightning Flash. The theory for Arcane Shield is sound, but the 900 unit teleport can still act somewhat like a stun breaker, and it gives you mobility. It’s much better for survival in practice. Mist form is only beneficial really for healing builds, since it helps by holding out for those few seconds of water attunement CD. I would swap it for cleansing fire for some condition counter. The last slot can be anything, really. For roaming though, personally, I wouldn’t take arcane blast.

Healing skill shouldn’t be signet of restoration. Scepter attacks are slow, especially if you’re using channels. Take ether renewal for condition counter, even though it can easily be interrupted - because so can the glyph against a skilled player.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Is S/F better than S/D for solo roaming/zerg surfing in WvW?

I have been using a S/D condi build and it is very fun …although 1v1 I lose more than I win. I am not a great player though so didn’t blame the build or weapon set.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

I’ve think you’ve got the right idea, I don’t think people in this thread are looking at your gears.

But I wouldn’t give up lightning flash for arcane blast because S/F lacks the movement S/D has. Trait wise I’d think twice about evasive arcana instead of 20 points in water – only one good heal comes from evasive arcana and the blast finisher is harder to hit in S/F(firewall).

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

I am interested in more details for a viable roamer wvw scepter / f elementalist , like what runes n sigils and what stats to aim for and utility skills…

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

in Elementalist

Forzani.2584

Didn’t want to start a new thread when this one pretty much covers it. I have been playing around with S/F last couple of nights using a Fresh Air build. very explosive. Won a couple of fights where I am sure the burst caught the other guy by surprise. a little fragile though because the healing is almost non existent. I can take some hits but can’t build the hps back up as easily as I would like.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJArdnMMcMowhwhNOsNwzhyB8RcJSgQK4CDFZQIIeYBOAHWKkDA-zkCB4LAYMgUEg0HAJPFRjtMsIas6FYKTJVdSQ2noIa1kCQPlRA-w

Tonight I was thinking of switching it up to this. Not as bursty, but a little more healing plus nice protection up time ..among other things. Would this do enough damage or being a little more defensive would just delay the inevitable?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJArdnMMcMowhwhNOsNwzhyB8RcJOAQU4iJDFhMS5ROzYDA-zkCB4LAYMgUEg0HAJPFRjtMsIas6FYKTJVdSQ2noIa1kCQPlRA-w

This is for WvW roaming. Some zerg surfing when it arrives.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

Didn’t want to start a new thread when this one pretty much covers it. I have been playing around with S/F last couple of nights using a Fresh Air build. very explosive. Won a couple of fights where I am sure the burst caught the other guy by surprise. a little fragile though because the healing is almost non existent. I can take some hits but can’t build the hps back up as easily as I would like.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJArdnMMcMowhwhNOsNwzhyB8RcJSgQK4CDFZQIIeYBOAHWKkDA-zkCB4LAYMgUEg0HAJPFRjtMsIas6FYKTJVdSQ2noIa1kCQPlRA-w

Tonight I was thinking of switching it up to this. Not as bursty, but a little more healing plus nice protection up time ..among other things. Would this do enough damage or being a little more defensive would just delay the inevitable?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJArdnMMcMowhwhNOsNwzhyB8RcJOAQU4iJDFhMS5ROzYDA-zkCB4LAYMgUEg0HAJPFRjtMsIas6FYKTJVdSQ2noIa1kCQPlRA-w

This is for WvW roaming. Some zerg surfing when it arrives.

I’ve been playing around with S/F recently(as a mostly s/d and d/d player) and I think your gear and traits are too defensive focused when a fresh air build relies on burst. Your ability to survive is going to rely on how quickly you can burst a player down — you’ve gone too little into toughness to give yourself any considerable defense, while crippling your burst. I’d say 0/30/0/30/10, or 0/30/10/20/10 instead, while pursuing more berserker pieces – water brings you the healing you’re looking for.

With S/F, it lacks any mobility from air(no swiftness, no RtL) that offhand dagger provides. So getting away relies only on Lightning Flash – but thankfully, mist form/earth 5 are great CDs if you can anticipate burst so getting away is not as important. Time your blinds right(don’t just spam it when you go to air, but use it as often as you can, same goes for earth 3)

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in Elementalist

Forzani.2584

I changed it up. It’s now 20-30-0-20-0

Same armor as before so 60+ crit chance and 72% crit damage

I use cantrips to get in and out. Some crazy damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Enjoy those 15 second attunement CDs. That won’t be fun.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

The cd is not 15 secs anymore….Forzani, I used that build for s/f a while back. It can be a lot of fun, specially when you have the reduce fire skills cd trait. You can also try taking 5 points away from water and give it to arcane. Roaming with s/f and from 0-10 points in the arcane tree is very effective.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Forzani.2584

The cd is not 15 secs anymore….Forzani, I used that build for s/f a while back. It can be a lot of fun, specially when you have the reduce fire skills cd trait. You can also try taking 5 points away from water and give it to arcane. Roaming with s/f and from 0-10 points in the arcane tree is very effective.

Been using S/D more and doing LF bombs with Churning Earth. Unbelievable damage when you use fire followup. Only 14-17 Toughness though so need to get in and out fast.

I have been having a blast using this.