Ready Up discussion Ele changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

I am pleased with this so far. As a main hand dagger user evade on burning speed which I believe came from the forums Diogo I think suggested this. Frost burst blast finisher = more might. Very very nice.

Trident with regen on scepter very good and helps with condition removal for scepter users if they run 30 water.

• Frost Burst on main hand dagger – become blast finisher
  • Trident will have regen for you and 5 allies
  • Burning Speed now has evade frames
  • Armor of Earth cooldown goes from 90s to 75s (pre-cantrip mastery)
  • Signet of Restoration will be restored to match PvE efficiency base healing per cast 202 and scaling at 10% of healing power. Currently in sPvP it is 168 per cast base healing and 8% of healing power.
[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Don’t forget the cooldown reduction on Armor of Earth. It got cut to 70 seconds.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Don’t forget the cooldown reduction on Armor of Earth. It got cut to 70 seconds.

Thanks I added it

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

and of course the signet-buff (or let’s say bring it back to pre-nerf efficiency)

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

FINALLY!! something actually worth while. It only took 12 months -_-

Also I think they mentioned improving the scaling of SoR in PvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

i am now a god
that is it for my input

jk

overall i think some these are some very good and needed changes. i still want to see how the crit damage changes actually effect damage output but it should balance out with the extra might stack from the water 3 and the changes to sigils. i still want to see all the runes and omg so much theory crafting to do now.

after talking to multiple eles everyone seems overjoyed as to the return of eles
i know i am
im pretty sure they have a lot more changes but the changes mentioned especially burning speed and armor of earth have really got me excited

#Seraneisagod
#Elesareback

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I made a thread about the changes shortly after you did.

I think it was 75 second change on armor of earth.

I’m thinking these are positive changes, and I’m happy they are not taking away our perma vigor, but I think there are some very worrisome things about the rune changes.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

While the changes stated are indeed a buff of sorts, all I see is us being forced more and more into cantrips and water. I would have rather seen alternatives to cantrips and regen cleansing brought out. I’ll reserve judgement for the complete list though.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Well I think runes and boon duration will be interesting I’ll be taking a look at all the runes. I predicted that the 4 pieces bonuses would become more reliable. So that is good have to see what else comes.

Using the example from stream we would be looking at something like

Rune of Strength:
1) +25 power
2) 10% might duration
3) 50 power
4) 15% might duration and 25% might proc on hit
5) 100 power
6) 20% might duration, +5% damage under might.

So 45% duration from one set.

So we could be looking at the new go to rune for boon duration
Speculation on Rune of Water Change

Rune of Water
(1): +25 Healing Power
(2): +10% Boon Duration
(3): +50 Healing Power
(4): 15% boon duration and 25% chance to remove a condition when hit. (Cooldown: 30s)
(5): +90 Healing Power
(6): 20% boon duration and When you use a healing skill, you and your allies are healed for a small amount. (Cooldown: 10s)

I think Water and Monk will become the go to boon duration Runes if you want the +45% boon duration you have to take the full set though. This is just my own speculation.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nodos.2408

Nodos.2408

I doubt these minor buffs will be enough to make the Elementalist viable in PvP. They did say the changes are meant to be small because they need to see what happens with the Rune/Sigil changes, so I guess we can expect more buffs in the future. At this rate it should take about 2 more years before the Ele is viable. /clap

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

So excited as I was 95% ready to give-up completely on main-hand dagger. I think this is just about what the Dr. ordered. It actually makes the play-style even more like I have always wanted, and buffs our might-stacking abilities.

The 2-sigils is crazy, depending on how they change. Battle + energy would be amazing with current stats, but they are changing a lot of effects too!

Nerfs to other classes, especially dhuumfire and freaking PIN DOWN is amazing. That skill probably accounts for about 50% of my deaths with a warrior nearby.

The only thing is my 2 water/2 monk/2 traveler setup in pve/wvw might have to change with changes if they affect pve too.

Overall, great steps in the right direction. Now make RtL a LITTLE shorter CD and we’ll be cooking with gas.

Edit: I might consider armor of earth as an actual thing now, esp. if I run cantrips. Also rune changes should be very interesting. Buffed/changed strength would be great for dps might-stacking. I only wonder, why bother keeping it 6 different pieces if they want to force people to use complete sets?

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

D/D Eles,
With evade on Burning Speed,
3 extra mights on Frozen Burst,
And both sigil of Battle and Sigil of Hydromancy for even more might, 2k damage and chill,
Coupled with the new Rune of Strength.

Glorious.

I’m been going with a 25 fire-traited build in pvp, to get all cantrip traits together, and it has not been too bad. Not only will it get directly buffed by all changes above, but now that Armor of Earth is getting its CD decrease, and assuming that cantrip mastery and earth’s embrace will be fixed and work together in a future patch, earth’s embrace can literally go from an auto 90 CD proc to a 60 CD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The potential nerf for celestial gear does concern me though. We’re one of the few professions that can actually make it work well, and if we’re gonna lose 50 stat points to the entire set then it’ll be quite harsh.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

So excited as I was 95% ready to give-up completely on main-hand dagger. I think this is just about what the Dr. ordered. It actually makes the play-style even more like I have always wanted, and buffs our might-stacking abilities.

The 2-sigils is crazy, depending on how they change. Battle + energy would be amazing with current stats, but they are changing a lot of effects too!

Nerfs to other classes, especially dhuumfire and freaking PIN DOWN is amazing. That skill probably accounts for about 50% of my deaths with a warrior nearby.

The only thing is my 2 water/2 monk/2 traveler setup in pve/wvw might have to change with changes if they affect pve too.

Overall, great steps in the right direction. Now make RtL a LITTLE shorter CD and we’ll be cooking with gas.

Edit: I might consider armor of earth as an actual thing now, esp. if I run cantrips. Also rune changes should be very interesting. Buffed/changed strength would be great for dps might-stacking. I only wonder, why bother keeping it 6 different pieces if they want to force people to use complete sets?

I completely second that. I play pretty much D/D exclusively because I simply love everything about the playstyle (battlemage frack yeah!). Evade on burning speed sounds amazing as does a blast finisher on frozen burst. Now if only we had another field besides fire fields

Pretty much all of our long cooldown utilities could use some cooldown reduction but armor of earth is a good start, especially if they make the earth III trait behave the same and benefit from cantrip mastery.

Sigil of Battle + Hydromancy also sounds intriguing

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Signet of Restoration needed to be un-nerfed; good change. Not enough to help our sustain on its own, but still a good change.

Burning Speed is an evade! YES! Awesome change. I’m going to enjoy using this as a gap closer, AoEs be kitten ed

Frozen Burst is a Blast Finisher on a 15-second cool down! DOUBLE YES! More of these are always welcome, especially for a D/D. Brings might-stacking up to par to S/D I think.

Water Trident is now a ground-targeted AoE condition removal when the Cleansing Water trait is taken (which in itself is bad since they wanted us to move away from Water Magic, but whatever.) PROBLEM IS, it can’t be used as a quick-response AoE condition cleanse when you’re in another attunement. Cleansing Water will proc (only for you) when you switch to Water thanks to Soothing Mist, which means you’ll have to wait 5 seconds to use Trident if you want Trident to do its AoE cleanse. 5 seconds during which time those condis will tick away.

Armor of Earth is now on a 75-second cool down (60 when traited), which I think also applies to the Earth’s Embrace trait…good change, but I still think 75 seconds untraited is too long for this skill. Maybe 60 untraited?

Overall we received some nice buffs. However I don’t think these on their own will help us become any more viable in PvP; rather, the nerfs to the other professions (Dhuumfire, Healing Signet, Poison Grenade, Net Turret, Guardian/Mesmer vigor-on-crit traits, Deceptive Evasion, Spirit of Nature, etc.) will do more to help the Ele I think.

Of course, this is all assuming that the change to Crit Dmg and to Runes/Sigils doesn’t screw us over.

EDIT: Issues we still have:

1. Survivability(!!) Not really buffed significantly by these changes.
2. Mobility. Why was RtL not un-nerfed? At the very least, why do we still incur a CD penalty for using it offensively and having it blocked/evaded?
3. Fire Focus skills. Really? No changes to Fire Shield?
4. Useless Utilities. They buffed Armor of Earth a tiny bit. Okay, great, but didn’t you want us to move away from Cantrips? Signet Active effects are lacking; buff them! Glyphs are underwhelming; buff them!
5. Useless Traits. Fire Magic HELLO. Lingering Elements still requires speccing into other Traits to even have an effect. Give us more Traits that are always functional rather than being attunement-dependent.

TL;DR: Good changes but not enough on their own to return Ele to viability.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

My jaw dropped. I had no idea something this big was coming. It’s a good day to be an ele once again. Prepare for the mass influx of bad eles though once we start wrecking people again :-D

Honestly though, we needed this stuff in PvP, no doubt about it, but i’m pretty sure we’re going to be OP gods in WvW with this stuff. I’m just afraid they’re going to overnerf us once we go to OP again.

Seriously, in WvW roaming this is going to be off the charts. Opinions?

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It has been a long time since this forums has been happy and peaceful about upcoming changes.

Not that it’ll last, once the preview post comes and announces some nerfs too. :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Wow finally a change that makes me smile from ear to ear. Every last change you put will effect my build in a good way

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Ugh, now I have to use D/D again to try these out
I thought I could stop with it for a bit…

in Elementalist

Posted by: lislis.8075

lislis.8075

its arcane briliance become non blast finisher?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Ugh, now I have to use D/D again to try these out
I thought I could stop with it for a bit…

HEY! No sadness allowed today

:D

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

My jaw dropped. I had no idea something this big was coming. It’s a good day to be an ele once again. Prepare for the mass influx of bad eles though once we start wrecking people again :-D

Honestly though, we needed this stuff in PvP, no doubt about it, but i’m pretty sure we’re going to be OP gods in WvW with this stuff. I’m just afraid they’re going to overnerf us once we go to OP again.

Seriously, in WvW roaming this is going to be off the charts. Opinions?

Of course people will come to Ele. I don’t think it will be mass influx though.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

These are good buffs, don’t get me wrong. But they are not nearly enough. Which is why I’m sure there will be more buffs when they release a full preview.

We weren’t a few minor tweaks away from viability. We were a couple major buffs away. I mean, pets and clones hit us for 2-4k. Let alone what actual players do to us.

Rolling back all the Dec. 10 nerfs should be a starting point. That, combined with these buffs and other professions’ nerfs, would probably cover it.

(edited by zilcho.7624)

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Do we have any kind of ETA? Is this in two weeks? two months? two years?

btw, more hyped for rune/sigil changes than ele buffs
while burning speed and frozen burst changes are AMAZING, having TWO real sigils is so much more so

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Apparently some of these balance changes are coming in next weeks patch not all though.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/496005243

24:25 – There will be balance pass in the next feature patch which would be the next patch.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

excellent
I bet none of those rune/sigil changes will be there though

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Finally, this sounds really awesome

Any information when the changes/patch will be released?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gunlaugr.2716

Gunlaugr.2716

It has been a long time since this forums has been happy and peaceful about upcoming changes.

Not that it’ll last, once the preview post comes and announces some nerfs too. :P

I think this piece perfectly captures the picture you are trying to make.

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I think this piece perfectly captures the picture you are trying to make.

More like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2j-frfK-yg I’d say.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

What about SD and Staff? zzzzzzzzz

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

staff gets to have two sigils
S/ gets to apply regen

! !

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I really hope that they’ll also undo the cleansing water 5 seconds cooldown in pvp. It’s such an awkward mechanic to have to count the seconds for example between using a cantrip that grants regen and then swapping to water for 2 condition removals. If you swap 4 seconds after using the cantrip you won’t remove another condition. Which is pretty lame for a grandmaster trait that needs other traits to actually do anything.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lummw.8614

Lummw.8614

What about SD and Staff? zzzzzzzzz

!!!
=(

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

No love for focus yet. D/D weapon set will be even more powerful than what already is

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Interesting, but not sure how it’ll actually play out. The blast finisher on frost burst is meh for solo. It’s not worth blowing water CD just to get a few stacks of might unless you are fighting terrible players, and if the cd is increased a lot, that’s actually a not inconsequential nerf to damage output and cc. Definitely has more potential in groups where you have other fields to take advantage of.

I have mixed feelings about burning speed getting evade frames. On one hand, great I’ll be stronger, but on the other, it removes a lot of the counter play options when fighting a d/d ele. Messing up enemy burning speeds is something I enjoy heh. I also wonder how it will function. Can I go through stuff like lines of warding with it? Will it ignore reactive effects such as shocking aura?

The armor of earth change is of course nice, but a 12 second difference isn’t really that huge of a deal

Overall, it’s not a nerf, but I don’t see any of the core issues being addressed here. Maybe if there are a good amount of nerfs to other classes in the patch as well.

Edit: Just read the summary thread. These changes are actually a lot more significant than they initially appear since the other classes are indeed getting some of their most OP abilities toned down. The vigor nerf to other classes is especially nice. Finally justifies our vigor taking up a trait slot.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

(edited by dreztina.4820)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Still nothing on RTL … the hypocrisy continues.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Well I think runes and boon duration will be interesting I’ll be taking a look at all the runes. I predicted that the 4 pieces bonuses would become more reliable. So that is good have to see what else comes.

Using the example from stream we would be looking at something like

Rune of Strength:
1) +25 power
2) 10% might duration
3) 50 power
4) 15% might duration and 25% might proc on hit
5) 100 power
6) 20% might duration, +5% damage under might.

So 45% duration from one set.

So we could be looking at the new go to rune for boon duration
Speculation on Rune of Water Change

Rune of Water
(1): +25 Healing Power
(2): +10% Boon Duration
(3): +50 Healing Power
(4): 15% boon duration and 25% chance to remove a condition when hit. (Cooldown: 30s)
(5): +90 Healing Power
(6): 20% boon duration and When you use a healing skill, you and your allies are healed for a small amount. (Cooldown: 10s)

I think Water and Monk will become the go to boon duration Runes if you want the +45% boon duration you have to take the full set though. This is just my own speculation.

Ozii if you’re right on this, I owe you a duel or two lol. I love my +45% boon duration. Everything else is superfluous.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tenshy.5983

Tenshy.5983

Still nothing on RTL +1

Please, make some sort of change to this skill —maybe not to the degree of its old 15s CD + bugged 1500+ range, but something better than this stupid-long 45-second CD. I miss traversing the PvE landscape with lightning; it’s just not as fun and/or cool now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Still nothing on RTL +1

Please, make some sort of change to this skill —maybe not to the degree of its old 15s CD + bugged 1500+ range, but something better than this stupid-long 45-second CD. I miss traversing the PvE landscape with lightning; it’s just not as fun and/or cool now.

I am just tired of being out maneuvered by warriors, thieves, and rangers when we have far worse defense.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

let’s see…

we still have to bring many catrip for pvp…

spvp crit damage will be the same…

wvw crit damage nerf…

a few buff…

I think ele is pretty much the same with above points, maybe a little less window for death.

Now the big change is rune and sigil change… However we lack information to even talk much about it. Rune/sigil will probably determine how will ele fit into the game. It should shake up every class dynamics.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

2 sigils on my staff makes me happy. Also buffs to runes/sigils might end up being really good too.

Rune of the elementalist should reduce rtl cd :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Panteri.4073

Panteri.4073

Love the new changes for d/d ele skills, but still, with the nerf of crit dmg…

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Love the new changes for d/d ele skills, but still, with the nerf of crit dmg…

That’s good for us, will make our life last longer

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

A good start to make Eles a bit better compared to other professions. The nerf to DPS (Ferocity) should be a good thing – too much emphasis on Berserker stats at the moment. I know it is not all that will be in the patch, but I had hoped they would buff Glyphs and highlight that in the preview.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Elementalist

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

You still need 30 points in water to work with the new water trident.
I’m rather suspicious until I see full patch notes.
I feel after all this time that for every tiny buff there’s gonna be a 100 times worse nerf inc.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Go figure: My Mesmer gets kicked in the sac, but my Elementalist looks like she’ll get a good deal more viable. Although I, like others, am concerned for the Celestial situation, since both classes I just mentioned can make bloody good use out of that stat combination.
I can see some interesting Sigil options for my Staff or D/? runs , although the Rune changes rather lock out certain tricks that were formerly more diverse (ie. Boon-buff Rune mixtures, or heavy Bleed-duration setups)

(Overall, I do wonder for the future of this game. Seems to be -in general- too focused on the nerf side of the equation, and one would like to see more buffing, across the class/build board. )

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Elementalist

Posted by: silviuscr.2185

silviuscr.2185

I’m so happy to see the Elementalist get some nice buffs.
Hopefully there’ll be more to come.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m so happy to see the Elementalist get some nice buffs.
Hopefully there’ll be more to come.

I’m just happy they admitted they have been nerf our class much to hard and are now inthe process of fixing it if this patch is any indication. Might be more dagger heavy this time but won’t be surprised if scepter or staff for a good buff next patch

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I feel like Battle and Hydromancy will be potent for Dagger users. If you haven’t gotten a Hydro sigil now they have gone up in price.

I think Fire/Air looks good for heavy dps users. Sigil of Renewal/Leeching for sustain.

I am pleased as I know that even with the new ferocity changes and crit damage changes along with rune and sigil restrictions being changed some new and fresh theorycrafting will begin.

Ozii if you’re right on this, I owe you a duel or two lol. I love my +45% boon duration. Everything else is superfluous.

The reason why I am hoping that they would do something like that with Rune of Water or Monk is the appeal of the primary stat.

I was talking with a guildy and he said why would they make a run that has 45% general boon duration when it competes directly with a Might duration rune. My reasoning is the primary stat. A ele in PvP or WvW wouldn’t necessarily look at healing power as a bad stat if it was on a rune. A warrior or thief on the other might not find the healing power all that useful.

This is how I am hoping Anet looks at the runes.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

That crit dmg nerf will hurt my burst ele but with fire/air sigil working together and at 100% crit might make up for it. We’ll see. That evasion on burning speed is a huge buff for dd ele and it might cry for nerf on future patches though. I’m still mad there’s not a single buff or fix on my beloved focus offhand weapon set.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!