Reason why dagger ele has so much sustain

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Even tho I have been playing ele for quite some time, I only now realised, that D/D gets his insane sustain from the signet of restoration. What makes this synergy so great are the AutoAttacks. Dagger main hand autoattacks have very short cast time and do massive damage. Scepters AutoAttacks are abysmal anyway so I won’t even compare them to dagger main hand. Staff autoattacks do a lot of damage, but are slow and clunky, also you can cast time when your target is behind you. If signet of restoration healed only 50% on autoattacks, D/D would be much more balanced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

Not a bad nerf actually, do it!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Just make it heal for 50% less normally and heal for its current amount on criticals? That might make it a bit more balanced they may have to make it proc only on the first target hit. They could also just give it a 1 sec idc and reduce the healing just a tad bit.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Dagger main hand autoattacks have very short cast time and do massive damage.

Sorry, what?! Dagger autoattacks have a rate of 1 attack per second and are far away from dealing “massive damage”. Healing Signet does 200 healing per action so by using those incredibly fast autoattacks from dagger, you get 2000 hp over 10 seconds out of it or 4000 hp over 20 seconds. And that’s less healing compared to other skills with similar cooldowns.

in Elementalist

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

but the thing is, you are not going to spam auto attack, and you are not going to be constantly attacked. you have alot of attacks especially that drake’s breath that is just crazy right now. So your opponent would back off of you giving you time to use your auto and heal. You also have waterform adding all these together you have a really high sustain

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

No.

This nerf all D/D ele builds, including zerker ele, which isn’t even a thing.

What they need to nerf is the healing power coefficients and find a way so CELESTIAL amulets don’t benefit the ele so much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

This would nerf any and all ele builds. If you hadn’t noticed, signet of restoration powers basically ALL ele builds. Also no dagger autoattack does “massive damage”, they all suck besides air which does good damage but nothing special.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

Just make it heal for 50% less normally and heal for its current amount on criticals? That might make it a bit more balanced they may have to make it proc only on the first target hit.

This^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Or make it like earth or fire signet and give passive 150 vitality and no heal.
Easy to do change i guess.
Or it geta an ICD of 1s.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

No. If you are going to nerf D/D, it has to be the daggers themselves. Not signets, cantrips or traits. Touching any of those will just kitten all the other builds.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well going for ele sustion as nerf is so much more difficult that i agree it has to be the daggers. But i personaly would go after soothing disruption and substitute the regen.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

No.

What they need to nerf is the healing power coefficients and find a way so CELESTIAL amulets don’t benefit the ele so much.

Celestial gets a lot of flak but it isn’t actually what makes the D/D Ele strong. D/D was the meta long before Celestial gear came out and it will continue to be the meta even if Celestial gear is removed.

Even if you mixed gear sets to approximate Celestial gear at lower efficiency, D/D would still be very strong. Even if we were forced to pick a single different gear set, D/D would still be very strong.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No.

Well start by nerfing burn stacks, an iterative change, and see how it plays out.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

That’s not it, really. I run Ether Renewal on my ele and I’m nigh unkillable too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

They once nerfed Signet of Restoration by 18%, and Ele was unplayable for a year. >_>

The sad fact of it is that, unless Ele has a greater Health Pool, Ele will always be forced to go bunker. The bunker spec on its own isn’t even necessarily that bad, it’s just that Burning is so strong, and the Fire trait line is so massively power creeped (Blinding Ashes, Pyromancer’s Training, and Burning Fire are all far too strong) that Bunker Ele can also do massive damage.

Personally, I’d like to see an Ele with a larger health pool, but less sustain. But since they’re never going to do both of those things, the easier answer is to just nerf the overpowered traits in Fire, as well as the Burning condition, so that at least Bunker Ele doesn’t also do too much damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

D/D was the meta long before Celestial gear came out.

You realize that the celestial pvp amulet was available since release?

I agree that the nerfs must target the dagger and I think nerfing the access to burn should do the trick.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

(edited by pmnt.4067)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I did not! Though now that you mention it, I do seem to vaguely remember some clamoring for it to be added to PvE back in the day.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’d rather see elementalist reworked into a total burst/nuke class, and simply have most of the passive defenses and healing be replaced with more active defenses and forms of damage mitigation.

If that were the case, I bet we’d fear marauder fresh air D/F Tenpests instead or something like that.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I think we should just get rid of all attunements and spells and elementalists should just throw exploding chickens at everyone.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I agree that the nerfs must target the dagger and I think nerfing the access to burn should do the trick.

That might be true, however they needed to buff it in order for eles to be able to use it and do well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think we should just get rid of all attunements and spells and elementalists should just throw exploding chickens at everyone.

Will these exploding chickens give us a chicken-roost hobosack? Wait a minute…sounds like you are stepping on engineer toes!