Rebound is nothing.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Rebound is nothing more than an empty skill that is somehow okay because it is:

1. A shout and benefits from the Soldier Runes.
2. Is the only short cooldown elite and elementalist has.

That’s about it.

Alerie Despins

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

It has neat shaders

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

It’s basically just a way to shoehorn another aura into your build, for another magnetic or shock aura, and traits that give fury, vigor, healing aura share etc.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

The entire shout category is really only useful because of the bonus effects you can get for them. None of them stand up on their own.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Rebound is everything if shout traited. Greatsword elite if u need mobility, tho it has a long cd.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

In PvP i use rebound because its a shout (i run soldiers there) in WvW i use FSG …
As elite itself its loughable. Its weaker then most utilities with its CD.
If you don´t want to change it i would give it 50s CD and make it instant cast.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

rebound should at least restore you to half life with protection and/or regen. The greatsword, maybe in a 60-75second CD. The glyph should recharge right away upon use, I mean… look at engi’s drones.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

Perhaps difficult to program, but what if the cd was reduced to 25ish seconds if no allies are saved from death? Another aura on a utility-level cd would be decent, if still a bit weak.

- “If the effect expires naturally, grant an aura based on your current attunement and reduce cd by 50s.”
This would give it an effective 25s cd in many situations (and it’d -still- be worse than a utility, but more usable and versatile).

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

It’s not great, but it’s also not useless in fights. Which is a great design progress if you compare it to our other elites.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

How about making “Rebound” true to its name?

Rebound
• All incoming attacks (self only) for the next 4 seconds are converted to healing for you and your allies. When the effect expires, grant an aura based on attunement and 50% of the damage received is returned to the enemy.
• Prevents Capture-Point Contribution
• 0.25 seconds casting time
• 600 radius
• 75s CD

- Will only prevent damage from incoming attacks. Conditions already applied will still deal damage.
- Allies affected will still take damage, will only receive healing based on the damage taken by the caster, and will gain an aura based on the caster’s attunement.
- Enemies will receive damage based on their own damage applied to the caster.
- Only the caster will be affected by the prevent capture point contribution effect.
- Damage reflect does not work on bosses.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This version of Rebound was rushed between 2 beta weekends because the first iteration was kitten.

Making Rebound good should be considered important, but not more than making Warhorn have good skills design and Overloads being something more than a gimmick to stack auras and boons.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

It’s quite telling how bad our elites are when our “best” elite amounts to this:

Gain an aura after 5 seconds depending on the attunement you are in. 75 seconds cooldown.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Perhaps difficult to program, but what if the cd was reduced to 25ish seconds if no allies are saved from death? Another aura on a utility-level cd would be decent, if still a bit weak.

- “If the effect expires naturally, grant an aura based on your current attunement and reduce cd by 50s.”
This would give it an effective 25s cd in many situations (and it’d -still- be worse than a utility, but more usable and versatile).

I really like that idea. Isn’t 50s a bit too much?

Rebound
• All incoming attacks (self only) for the next 4 seconds are converted to healing for you and your allies. When the effect expires, grant an aura based on attunement and 50% of the damage received is returned to the enemy.
• 600 radius
• 75s CD

- Will only prevent damage from incoming attacks. Conditions already applied will still deal damage.
- Allies affected will still take damage, will only receive healing based on the damage taken by the caster, and will gain an aura based on the caster’s attunement.
- Only the caster will be affected by the prevent capture point contribution effect.

Interesting too, I don’t really like the capture point prevention though. Sounds a little bit op on a bunker build

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

How about just:
Recharges all your attunements, 60 seconds cooldown.

It would help counter the overload punitive cooldown, would compensate the lost of fresh air with tempest and would also nerf healing on auras which is slightly OP.

It could also be a signet:
Passive: reduce channeling time by 33%.
Active: Recharges all your attunements

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Rebound
• 600 radius
• 75s CD

Interesting too, I don’t really like the capture point prevention though. Sounds a little bit op on a bunker build

No, “Prevents capture-point contribution” works the other way around. It will work like Mist Form, Obsidian Flesh, or any other form invulnerability or damage prevention skill.

For example, you own a cap point in PvP and you are fighting 1v1. If you use rebound, the enemy will be able to decap your cap point for the duration of the skill.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Glacial.9516

I thought it might be, but when I compared it to Flash Freeze and Feel the Burn I still felt that Rebound was a worse skill. I didn’t take into account that Shocking aura is often much better than Fire/Frost, so with that in mind, 50s could be a bit much.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Trivia: Rebound is actually a recycled shout skill from the original Guild Wars… from an April Fool’s Day quest.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/%22I%27ll_Be_Back!%22

I actually kind of find it offensive to Tempests that were given another joke of an elite.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Glacial.9516

I think… I’d use Rebound regardless of what it did if I could hear “I’ll be back” every time I used it. Especially on an Asura.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Rebound
• 600 radius
• 75s CD

No, “Prevents capture-point contribution” works the other way around. It will work like Mist Form, Obsidian Flesh, or any other form invulnerability or damage prevention skill.

For example, you own a cap point in PvP and you are fighting 1v1. If you use rebound, the enemy will be able to decap your cap point for the duration of the skill.

Yeah, i understood, that’s why it bugs me. As a point holder/decaper you should be very careful with that kind of skill.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Rebound
• 600 radius
• 75s CD

Yeah, i understood, that’s why it bugs me. As a point holder/decaper you should be very careful with that kind of skill.

Sorry, I’m confused. Why would it bug you? It’s pretty normal and balanced for an invulnerability skill to prevent cap point contribution

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Well I just don’t like invulnerabilities

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

It should apply vigor when applied and break stun. Then it’d be stronger. If someone is stunned or CCed , stability helps them survive more than a 2K heal.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Glacial.9516

Not a great idea nor one that I’m fond of but it just occurred to me so I thought I’d post it: What if Rebound scaled really well with Healing power?

Right now it looks to scale at 1.5 per point, +1801 HP from 1200 Healing power. Would it be OP at 5 (or even a bit more)? That’s 6000 more HP healed when it works with 1200 Healing. Celestial would be at 4932 with the base heal included.

Though I’d still vastly prefer the damage inversion idea posted above.

(edited by Glacial.9516)

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Rebound would be a good skill if it was on a 45second cd and maybe converted some conditions into boons… or something, maybe asking for it to convert conditions is too much but a 45second cd would make it great.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

this is what i say. 45sec CD would make it. Also instant cast and its great.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

How to make Rebound actually useful and noticeable without increasing any numbers:

When it saves you from death, you go invulnerable (and unable to attack) for 1 or 2 seconds before the heal.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

CD reduction is easy. Changing functions much more work. It makes not much sense to rework when resources are low and you can make it useful with one number change.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

How to make Rebound actually useful and noticeable without increasing any numbers:

When it saves you from death, you go invulnerable (and unable to attack) for 1 or 2 seconds before the heal.

If it works the same way as mistform which is another form of invulnerability, wouldn’t condis applied beforehand still tick and eventually just burn the healing you get?

The only way I can see them making this skill useful without completely reworking or increasing any numbers is giving more boon/s preferably a few stacks of Stability which Tempests completely lack (1 stack for a trait, no new utility skills either).

How about making it a stun break and giving it 3 stacks of Stability (AoE as it is a shout of course) and if they’re feeling generous, maybe 2 seconds of Resistance?

I’d still prefer a complete rework though that is more fitting to its name, Rebound. Incoming damage is converted to healing like Infuse Light (Healing skill) and a couple more effects as it is an elite. But that of course, would make a bunker class more bunker which people seem to hate this meta.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

I wouldn’t change rebound, I would completely scrap it and make a new elite skill. They’ve done it for guardians elites that was already better.

With tempest giving us a huge penalty and slowing our rotation down I think what we need is an Elite that recharges all our attunement instantly.

Would also make our rotation less boring predictable in a fight.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I wouldn’t change rebound, I would completely scrap it and make a new elite skill. They’ve done it for guardians elites that was already better.

With tempest giving us a huge penalty and slowing our rotation down I think what we need is an Elite that recharges all our attunement instantly.

Would also make our rotation less boring predictable in a fight.

Would LOVE that.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

A full rechare on the attuned element (skilsl and overload) would be awesom ^^

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Glacial.9516

Attunement recharge would be nice, however not as an Elite spec skill. It should be for base Ele. Still in favor of it being the active effect on an Elite Signet, myself. And just the attunement cd, recharging skills as well would be veeeeery powerful.

As for Rebound… Hum. This is a bit of an odd idea, but here goes:

Depending on attunement: (Max targets: 5 for allies and enemies)

Fire Rebound – Grants Fire aura, 3x Might (10s) and Fury(10s) on allies and inflicts 5x Vulnerability(10s) on enemies within 600.

Water Rebound – Heals 2500ish and grants Resistance(5s) on allies within 600. (Perhaps slow(3s) on enemies?)

Air Rebound – Grants Shocking aura, Cures Immobilize, Chill and Cripple on allies within 600 while inflicting Immobilize(2s), Chill(5s) and Cripple(5s) on enemies.

Earth Rebound – Grants Invulnerability for 3s. (Maybe Bleeds enemies within 600.)

I really like the idea of shouts giving buffs to allies while nerfs to enemies simultaneously. Fire feels a bit weak to me, but its the most useful in ‘ordinary’ situations when you’re not in any danger. And Air is really, really busy.

(edited by Glacial.9516)

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: miaomlao.8502

miaomlao.8502

True… Only use it for aura build =p

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

If it works the same way as mistform which is another form of invulnerability, wouldn’t condis applied beforehand still tick and eventually just burn the healing you get?

Oh, that’s true. Add resistance for the same duration as the invuln.

Rebound is nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

It gives you some auras.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com