Recommend me a good WvW-guide?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I’d like to get more active on my Elementalist in World v World for a while, big group mainly. I’m aware there’re high skill/low reward according to a lot of people, but I enjoy playing them more than any class in PvE and I want to try them in WvW. I’m mainly worried about my survivability (coming from a Necromancer) but I also want to learn a bit more about how to support my team. I know the updates are incoming, but I’ve been very bored for a while and got impatient.

Anyone happen to know a good guide I could read or watch? If not I’ll already be very happy if someone knows the meta-build. From glance I’m guessing:

Weapon: Staff due to Water Fields/static field/Fire Fields/Earth 3 and 4.
Gear: PVT or Celestial, maybe Cleric Trinkets (I fear the survivability.)
Traits: 0/0/10/30/30
(Armor of Earth, Cantrips, Larger Staff, Attunement/Dodge bonusses)
Utilities: Cantrips
Food: The condition reduction one maybe or +200 power on kill for more damage?

How-ever I’m concerned about no blast-finishers and all in all not experiened enough to judge at all. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Bonusses for a Roaming-build aswell since I am considering map-completion if close to 100%. And I was wondering if there’s a collection of WvW-metabuilds/guides somewhere for future reference? In short, I’m completely in the blue WvW-wise and haven’t done much more than roaming on Mesmer/Thief and zerging with bulky Necromancer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

in Elementalist

Dragonic Elemental.2674

I believe there are some builds on the top of the forum, too.
For roaming I’d suggest dagger dagger, with Air trait I and Arcana VIII you have permanent swiftness, and you have acouple of dashes for even more speed. Add in Fiery greatsword, and you map completion is done in notime.

in Elementalist

Esmee.1067

I believe there are some builds on the top of the forum, too.
For roaming I’d suggest dagger dagger, with Air trait I and Arcana VIII you have permanent swiftness, and you have acouple of dashes for even more speed. Add in Fiery greatsword, and you map completion is done in notime.

Thank you kindly! And kitten that was quick. I assume full PTV gear with that set-up?

(edited by Esmee.1067)

in Elementalist

Dragonic Elemental.2674

Haha I guess I just looked at the right time.
Gear is your own choice, just don’t get one-shotted my siege. I use PPT just because it’s what I have and I’m too poor to afford more armor sets…(ascended armour is soooo expensive)

Glad I could help you out!

(edited by Dragonic Elemental.2674)

in Elementalist

Esmee.1067

Haha I guess I just looked at the right time.
Gear is your own choice, just don’t get one-shotted my siege. I use PPT just because it’s what I have and I’m too poor to afford more armor sets…(ascended armour is soooo expensive)

Glad I could help you out!

I’m only going to use Exotics until I decide who I enjoy the most for WvW (I’m a bit bored of Necromancer and she’s my least favourite PvE-toon so I feel I need to try more.) So any set is available to me (though I’d rather hold on to my Quartz Crystals for now.)