Reduce CD on LF by half, unless..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

You don’t hit a target with it, so it could work sort of like RTL. I’m not sure if most of you understand how epic it would be to have it on say a 16sec reuse with cantrip mastery in mind… But let me tell you with the right combos in mind it would be epicly game changing.

I know, I’m dreaming.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

It’s already stronger than Mesmer Blink. 16sec with trait reduction is too OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Mesmer blink can be buffed to 1200 range and 24s cd-AND IT BREAKS STUN
how is that stronger than 1 auto attack worth of dmg?

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Auto attack damage? It deals more damage than any Elementalist Auto Attack. It deals more damage than Arcane Wave or Arcane Blast. You should really try using it offensively sometimes. Stop using it exclusively for defensive purposes.

Yes it’s not a stun breaker but it lets you use it even when disabled which lets you get out of harm’s way momentarily. Yes, Elementalist is weak compared to all other classes, but stop exaggerating it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’d gladly swap LF for Blink mechanics. Also, nobody in this thread was QQing about eles being weak. >>>>

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Auto attack damage? It deals more damage than any Elementalist Auto Attack. It deals more damage than Arcane Wave or Arcane Blast. You should really try using it offensively sometimes. Stop using it exclusively for defensive purposes.

Yes it’s not a stun breaker but it lets you use it even when disabled which lets you get out of harm’s way momentarily. Yes, Elementalist is weak compared to all other classes, but stop exaggerating it.

Ehh, the lower cooldown on blink far outweighs the damage on LF in my opinion.
Sure the damage makes the two about equal if you’re using it purely to stay on target as D/D or as part of scepter burst, but that would be such a waste of the other capacities of teleports seeing as that isn’t much of a problem anyway.

I like both skills for the utility they provide, and blink is superior in that respect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

16s cooldown on vigor/regen and Condi removal while doing damage… I want it’s cd reduced a bit but I definitely think this is going a little too far.

I know not everyone takes the cantrip traits but still, a bit much.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Flash

Damage: 365
Radius: 120
Range: 900
40s CD

• This skill has no activation time and can be cast in the middle of another skill without interrupting it.
• You can still use this skill to teleport when stunned, but it will not break stun.
• Kills with this skill register as sword kills in the achievement panel.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blink

Breaks stun
Range: 900
30s CD

• Blink is highly subjective to the terrain between the Mesmer and the target destination. It is most reliable when used to cross completely flat planes and will only cross gaps in instances where the Mesmer could easily walk there without jumping.
———————————-

Compare the 2 without any traits. You get one blink which is exclusively defensive and another one that dishes out AoE damage can be used offensively or defensively and synergizes well with chaining Elementalist combos but has 10 seconds longer cool down.

Now, when does LF fall off? When you use 2 Adept Traits, Blink gets a 1,200 range and a 24 sec CD which makes it infinitely better than LF if you’re only using it defensively.

I’m not being an Elitist but those who say LF is useless compared to mesmer blink are usually DD players who exclusively use LF defensively or to land Churning Earth from time to time.

@katniss
No, my bad. I just assumed that windwalker was gonna QQ about eles being weak in general seeing how he claimed that LF is weaker than Elementalist Auto Attacks which is obviously an exaggeration.

Now if they remove the Damage from LF, keep it at 900 range, and don’t put the Break Stun back then yes I can see this skill working like RtL with 20/40 seconds CD.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

dont forget about blink on mesmer’s staff. bind key to turn you char and you can blink anywhere you want.

but yeah, 16s traited looks OP. 20s traited is ok. 25s not traited. and ofc it needs to break stun, that was huge nerf when they removed it. lol. nerfing the weakest class while hambow/spirit ranger still OP

=/

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

16s cooldown on vigor/regen and Condi removal while doing damage… I want it’s cd reduced a bit but I definitely think this is going a little too far.

I know not everyone takes the cantrip traits but still, a bit much.

Good point. Let’s not forget that cantrips can be traited to give Might/Regen and Vigor and cleanse conditions when used. 100% 3 stacks of might uptime and close to 50% regen and vigor uptime with just 20 trait points in Cantrip Mastery and soothing wave. Mesmer blink can only be traited for lower CD and additional range.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maskah.1486

Maskah.1486

Reducing Lightening flash in the current meta would be incredibly broken! I don’t think I have to mention what it can do with fire fields on top of doing high damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

My two 80s are an Ele and a Mesmer. Blink is better.