Regarding pvp ele nerfs..

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Why?

Currently ele has only 1 build in pvp. Anything else just falls over too quickly. So you’ve made the only build it has worse, and given nothing in return to strengthen the survivability of alternate builds/weapons.

You cut some abilities on the thief, but beef up pistol and shortbow??

Same with warrior??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I imagine the answer is simple: to sell the expansion when it comes out.

I cannot imagine another answer other than the above that would not be a question of the competence of the team involved.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Because every class got nerfs except Revenant.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Duration nerfs on defensive skills/traits. It just gives enemies a larger window to kill you. I would say its justified as long as thief/dh/warrior got a decent power nerf.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Duration nerfs on defensive skills/traits. It just gives enemies a larger window to kill you. I would say its justified as long as thief/dh/warrior got a decent power nerf.

So about that condi nerf and ele’s condi def?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I haven’t really read other classes stuff tbh. I will look at it later

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I’ve been playing D/D Ele in ranked and doing just fine so Ele technically doesn’t have just one build. I’ve seen S/F builds running around too. So that makes at least 3.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I hate the CD nerf on gale song most. A skill i think was not used much pushing the last one´s into unstable conduit. Basically it feels like ruining my exotic build using tempestious aria and gale song …
and the one with fire buff? Its so minor fire will still be out of meta in pvp.
Glyph of elemental power change is a nerf too. The removal of weakness is an aweful change for air builds droping one of their rare defences. It hits base ele harder then tempest. But the lower CD on the other side is good for condi builds this should be OK but how many ele condi builds are played ? I feel like quite exotic here …

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diepel.4592

Diepel.4592

Rain can I ask you what build do you use for D/D?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Healbot d/f stays meta for season 8…again…with this patch is even more mandatory build then ever.

Personally now I find this variant better after this patch:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodn0XCNOg9XCWYCcYilNAzdv+XPsErgMwIY4BEAKgA-TpQWABOWGAg9HAA

Credit for team Denial. When they used it, it was with radiance rune but it was in 5 man pre-made scenario so I think monk/earth/leadership are usable depending on matchup in ranked. I think magi is right call for now as we have more viable condi builds to worry about. Boon removal is thing on any class right now so mind that protection is even less reliable with nerf. Personally I use use Sigil of Cleansing and Purging.

Rebound buff is the best thing in this patch…almost 3k heal on amulet that is not magi/sage/mender is great start improve tempest outside healbot meta.

I am still processing rest of changes… em…buffs I guess? I can’t still see FA as gold+ build.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Well but FA lost a good chunk of damage and if using glyph of power also weakness as defence or criple to kite. The new glyph version is a burst version that might loose hits not sustained damage.
And i hate all those water dependend builds more with each patch that says ele use water…

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I’ve been playing D/D Ele in ranked and doing just fine so Ele technically doesn’t have just one build. I’ve seen S/F builds running around too. So that makes at least 3.

The times you’ve done fine you could have been replaced by another class who would have had greater impact on the game. By going any of those builds you’re being selfish and relying on your team to carry you.

As mentioned with so many conditions about the elementalist is always stuck taking water and usually earth. Boon nullification and the long cast time of alot of its utilities leave it open to stuns, The ‘effective’ hp pool suddenly becomes a regular low hp pool.

They took away the ele’s ability to bunker for a while, and gave it no alternative role.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

No update in that i am talking about the lack of ele dmg mitigation vs condi protection is nice but over all it dose nothing for most of the dmg in the game now as in condli dmg.

Ele got a 25 sec 5 stack of burning but that about all glyph will do now because every thing else on it is bad.

Over all more core ele nerfs because of tempest class. That the spvp nerfs to ele.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

No update in that i am talking about the lack of ele dmg mitigation vs condi protection is nice but over all it dose nothing for most of the dmg in the game now as in condli dmg.

Ele got a 25 sec 5 stack of burning but that about all glyph will do now because every thing else on it is bad.

Over all more core ele nerfs because of tempest class. That the spvp nerfs to ele.

From changes to rev alone d/x ele is going to have a hard time. I understand why all the nerfs to classes happened (it eliminates alot of auto proc and slows the pace of the game down slightly), but they still have not addressed the fact that condi damage has always been more affective than power damage.

My advice is the same as the build above. Use magi’s and focus on condi removal. I used the build last season and it was better overall than mender’s IMO.

My hope is that the changes to the power melee classes is enough to put d/d ele back on the radar because the on-point pressure from power classes was too much to deal with.

S/f ele seems out of the question atm since the damage from sigils was reduced and their condi mitigation isn’t all that great

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

S/F ele still works, just use Sigil of Ruthlessness and Sigil of Exposure, maybe GoEP air gg ez

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

More I look at new Arcane Power more weird this thing looks…it has no synergy with ele weapons at all right now…so I think this thing might be something made for new elite spec if it had one good spike around 5k on single skill.

I am curious if anybody tired to transfer 150 ferocity buff on other player with elemental surge trait? You know…arcane power is group buff thing now.

I have mixed feelings about Glyph of Elemental Power…with drakes breath it’s instant 9 stacks of burn so it’s kinda condi burst. But weakness removal is ret*****…like what was wrong with it?!

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Elementalist:

-No clear vision of what its role is
-Balance hacking going on (influenced in part by damage kitten in raids and god knows what)
-Average at some things, bad at others, excels at nothing is not a good place to be
-lots of skills that are absolutely useless and have been for a very long time.
-poor cost/risk for range/armor levels.
- an over reliance on 1 overbearing skill (fresh air)

I’m an elementalist only and there comes a point where it just gets tiresome to have to continually work around class design flaws to the point where other games start to look attractive (i’m looking at you eso morrowind even with your issues) poor week.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Good news guys – Bluri aka Sindrenerr discovered that with Sigil of Absorption you can steal full stack of boon with one headshot…so apparently protection is garbage now for us…thank God we don’t need it…oh wait….

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Rain.9213

The times you’ve done fine you could have been replaced by another class who would have had greater impact on the game. By going any of those builds you’re being selfish and relying on your team to carry you.

As mentioned with so many conditions about the elementalist is always stuck taking water and usually earth. Boon nullification and the long cast time of alot of its utilities leave it open to stuns, The ‘effective’ hp pool suddenly becomes a regular low hp pool.

They took away the ele’s ability to bunker for a while, and gave it no alternative role.

That’s funny cuz usually I’m the one getting kills, decapping, and going on sprees.

Also, Diepel.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhUMozhFOwxB0RMECYTAoAsArYwDcFQfgGwFA-T5gIABkt/AAPAAqLDAA

The build essentially functions as a decapper/+1-er with some pretty good 1v1 potential. Not really a burden on the team since it pretty much works like marauder Herald in a sense. Except you got slightly better aoe and condition cleansing in exchange for dropping the boon bot powers of Glint.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

this D/D is nice oldschool and works. The thing i dislike … always earth/water …. It´s teamsupport is nearly lost and i am concerned that a thief can do this role better …

in Elementalist

Rain.9213

this D/D is nice oldschool and works. The thing i dislike … always earth/water …. It´s teamsupport is nearly lost and i am concerned that a thief can do this role better …

Yeah unfortunately, Earth and Water are pretty much required because the blinding ashes nerf needs to be undone for Fire Traitline. That or we need a nerfed version of Celestial Amulet back

Every thing kills so fast in this meta and core Ele survivability has been nerfed pretty hard.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I won’t go out of my way to say this is OP or even meta but here is a fun power d/d ele build with decent sustain.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoxhdOwwB8RMQAY1aIJWGoswRIKEFgAwCA-TpQQABAs/A0lBAA

Its very rotational and might-centric like pre-hot and is easy to focus down if the ele does not manage his skills affectively, but it offers rewarding damage, above average condi clear and above average healing.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I tried a bit going back to viper with leadership rune traiting glyphs and fresh air. Not shure if it can work now. In the past it was too squishy, but with sigil damage reduced maybe. Droped oponets quite hard with good damage. Died on most 1:2 but none of my 1:1. Had one 1:3 donwing two before going down myself.
The thing that makes me try air again is the glyph change. Traited i now can have healing on 16 sec CD and a bursty stun breaker on 20 sec which will give me a boon too.

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

That’s funny cuz usually I’m the one getting kills, decapping, and going on sprees.

Also, Diepel.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhUMozhFOwxB0RMECYTAoAsArYwDcFQfgGwFA-T5gIABkt/AAPAAqLDAA

The build essentially functions as a decapper/+1-er with some pretty good 1v1 potential. Not really a burden on the team since it pretty much works like marauder Herald in a sense. Except you got slightly better aoe and condition cleansing in exchange for dropping the boon bot powers of Glint.

More or else your build looks like old classic and I see why it worked for you as roaming build. Personally I would never attempt with it to go 1v1, maybe in case this build can counter something really strong so plz more info.

Thing that worries my that classic d/d used a lot of boon stacking and now we got sigil that steals full stack of boon with one interrupt. It’s with now really easy to with one headshot from thief to buff him with 25 stacks of might. I have no doubt that sigil of absorption will become meta for many classes.

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Elementalist PvP has been completely broken for me since I started playing it last season.

I like to play Celestial S/D ele to have some survivability while still doing some damage. Having a nice compromise between ranged combat and melee range.

[desired build]

But everything I like in my PvE and WvW build is unavailable. Celestial armor. Sigil of Malice. Sigil of Bursting.

I end up playing with a completely broken build. When I select damage stats I get one-shotted by rangers and thieves. When I select a defensive amulet I deal no damage. Sure, there are completely different builds that work for other players. But other weapon builds do not fit my play style or require too much micro-managing.

Well, I can still rank up by losing, but more than bronze I won’t ever get. And it is not much fun. Still, I like to at least get a bit of the massive amount of achievement points that are available in the sPvP tree.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I think the art of d/d has been lost to most of the ele community. Maybe I should create an up-to-date guide. I can honestly say I am worse at d/d now than I was 3 years ago.

d/d is still pretty fun in pvp even though it won’t be very affective in high tier matches.

If anyone is interested in a guide feel free to message me suggestions/ideas.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

I won’t go out of my way to say this is OP or even meta but here is a fun power d/d ele build with decent sustain.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoxhdOwwB8RMQAY1aIJWGoswRIKEFgAwCA-TpQQABAs/A0lBAA

Its very rotational and might-centric like pre-hot and is easy to focus down if the ele does not manage his skills affectively, but it offers rewarding damage, above average condi clear and above average healing.

this is basically the old cele build, that eles stopped using because cele got removed and because HoT came and brought too much goodies for everyone and it felt behind.

No d/d art was lost, it’s simply not up to nowadays standards.

little big wizard – Eu