Remember to submit your bugs

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Hey all,

This is a reminder thread to submit the bugs you come across to the game bugs sub-forum! It is hugely beneficial to us when you report issues found on Live to the Game Bugs Forum with steps listed on how to perform the bug (“repro”) or describe what is happening.

Link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs

I will do my best to show visibility in each thread but I just wanted to toss out this thread to express how useful bug reporting can be after a major balance drop like we just had.

Thanks everyone!

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

You have to be kidding us.

Lingering elements ???

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

I’ve already posted it, but it got buried quickly in other posts without any response. Soothing Wave no longer grants regen to ice bow on initial cast or on the 2nd pick up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Soothing Wave and Lingering are known and documented issues.

Thanks guys

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Also this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Profession-bugs/first#post2694429

So we won’t double post all the time and we know what is known by you etc..

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

PlatypusRex.3428

Thank you. It would help if each class had its own bug forum.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

I would like to express my utmost gratitude at your renewed efforts to make this game a bug-free experience.

Many thanks and may the force be with you.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

That also means that all of your trolling was actually read Zelyhn However, if this gets the bugs fixed you get a rare essence of internet score (+200 internet)

Thanks for the responses @ A-Net. It is always nice to see some red in the Elementalist forum. Keep up the good work !

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

DURP LINGERING ELEMENTS DURP
And out of range bug with Static Field.
And Unsteady Ground being ridiculously unreliable, if you cast even a tiny bit of it’s area under someonething foot it does nothing.

(edited by DrTenma.7249)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No thanks. I don’t want to visit 8+ bug forums to see what anomalies people are seeing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

This seems like a great way for ANet to cut labor cost while increasing labor output. Don’t you think it would be another step in the right direction to release dev kits for a nominal price (say $50), so programming savvy customers (who are also stakeholders who are time and financially invested) can expediently provide solutions? I personally would not do so without recognition and compensation, but there definitely are stakeholders willing to increase the value they perceive. Again, that would lead to more labor savings at the ANet offices while increasing labor output.

in Elementalist

PlatypusRex.3428

No thanks. I don’t want to visit 8+ bug forums to see what anomalies people are seeing.

You don’t want to have to make a couple of extra clicks in order to organize chaos?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

This seems like a great way for ANet to cut labor cost while increasing labor output. Don’t you think it would be another step in the right direction to release dev kits for a nominal price (say $50), so programming savvy customers (who are also stakeholders who are time and financially invested) can expediently provide solutions? I personally would not do so without recognition and compensation, but there definitely are stakeholders willing to increase the value they perceive. Again, that would lead to more labor savings at the ANet offices while increasing labor output.

This post is brilliant. I fully support the idea of putting things into competent hands! Keep up the good ideas my fellow ele’s!

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

This post is brilliant. I fully support the idea of putting things into competent hands! Keep up the good ideas my fellow ele’s!

I agree. ANET should rely on its players more. We are all passionate about the game and willing to spend time on it if it was allowed.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Ride The Lightning and Burning Retreat rubberbanding.
Lightning Touch and Fire Grab AoE cone is extremely hard to land while moving.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

And Unsteady Ground being ridiculously unreliable, if you cast even a tiny bit of it’s area under someonething foot it does nothing.

This. It doesn’t work most of the time when cast on some uneven ground surface or with environmental objects or something.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: whillie.7451

whillie.7451

So Fresh Air on 25th of June ele’s got the new Grandmarster trait which had a cool down of 5 sec, on the 9th of July, there was a bug where the CD was 3 sec instead of 5.
Now when the Oct 15th update AKA “support buff” the Fresh Air trait, the tool tip has no cool down and there does’t seem to have the 5 sec cool down. When there was no patch notes saying “fresh air – removed CD” or something. Is this a bug or a feature that the PN guy missed?

Commander of IoJ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Are you aware of the bugs submitted in the bugs/glitches thread that used to be stickied? Or do we need to do those again.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I found a bug where my health goes down every time I get hit. Please fix it.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Traits that have ICD should state in the tooltip their ICDs.. Please..

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

BUG: My skills were all given to the warrior class. Mobility. Healing. Well, they already had highest burst, highest health, lets give them everything else, too.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: xok.2915

xok.2915

I want back MIST FORM & RTL ! ………maybe have professions balance !

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

BUG: My skills were all given to the warrior class. Mobility. Healing. Well, they already had highest burst, highest health, lets give them everything else, too.

Guys, comments like that cannot possibly help our class out of the stage which it is in now, so please keep them for yourself and try to be constructive.
I understand that you’re angry about this, I’m as well, but if you are trying to be helpful, this is not a proper way to do it.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raging Soul Beta.6845

Raging Soul Beta.6845

Here is the list of bugs I have seen so far:
– Being interrupted while summoning conjure weapon puts conjure on 1min cd, but weapon doesn’t appear on ground nor in hand (happened to me once and I haven’t really been trying to reproduce the bug)
– HP % triggered traits like Earth III and Arcane IV trigger at lower value then listed.
Have no screens or videos to back this up.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

It’s funny Tyler Chapman made this thread to tell us to post bug reports in the bug sub-forum but people do exactly the opposite here and talk about bugs in the very thread asking them no to do this. I am amazed, but not surprised.

Maybe if the devs had a thread showing us the bugs that they are aware of it would prevent a lot of double bug referencing in the bug sub-forum. Maybe if this thread was in the elementalist sub-forum then there would be no double referencing with the bug sub-forum. And maybe if this thread was maintained by players then it would be much more responsive than the devs are now so it would work better.

Oh wait I just described how things were before the devs got rid of the bug-report thread that was maintained here, how strange !!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

BUG: I can’t remove conditions. I can’t heal. I can’t damage anything. I can’t move.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

And now Lava Font was either stealth nerfed or got bugged, it now has a ridiculous aftercast, something like 2 to 3 seconds, it flashes 3 times.
But if you spam another spell button after casting Lava Font the cooldown starts immediately.
It had a quick cooldown start – something like only one flash – after the june patch and before recent patches.
Are you going to fix this or am i going to need to make an autoit macro so the cooldown is quick to start?

Edit
Actually you can force fast cooldowns on pretty much every spell, except Eruption which already has an instant start cooldown.

Awesome coding right there.

Edit
Wow this issue is ridiculous, “fast casting” i can have 2 Lava Fonts at the same time for 1 second with alacrity and persisting flames, without it Lava Font disappears before the cooldown finishes.

(edited by DrTenma.7249)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Why am I constantly reading this, only at ele forum, as:
‘’Remember to submit your bags ’’

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Here is the list of bugs I have seen so far:
– Being interrupted while summoning conjure weapon puts conjure on 1min cd, but weapon doesn’t appear on ground nor in hand (happened to me once and I haven’t really been trying to reproduce the bug)
– HP % triggered traits like Earth III and Arcane IV trigger at lower value then listed.
Have no screens or videos to back this up.

I can confirm that. Also, for the second point, that is the reason why I never take Armor of earth at 50% and arcane shield at 25%: they always proc when I’m almost down (conditions usually finish the job). I think that’s because Eles go from 55% to 5%
way too fast when targetted.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Arcane abatement has been bugged forever. It doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do in water attunement. You get the reduced fall damage, but not the healing wave that’s supposed to proc. Mist form is also bugged, it sometimes wont break stun, and you can be stunned, feared, knocked down, while in mist form. Vapor form is also vulnerable to CC as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

It’s funny Tyler Chapman made this thread to tell us to post bug reports in the bug sub-forum but people do exactly the opposite here and talk about bugs in the very thread asking them no to do this. I am amazed, but not surprised.

when you get older you will be not even amazed…
http://youtu.be/z9pD_UK6vGU

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Hahahaha! Thank you for this

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Just made my day m8 I’m on my way for the pills

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Churning earth fails randomly….
May be the new blocking target aoe limit?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

unfortunately they are sold out
http://www.sleepthinker.com/

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

unfortunately they are sold out
http://www.sleepthinker.com/

kitten , I have to remain in minority then, I guess

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hinyaldee.5064

Hinyaldee.5064

Hello, I wanted to address a huge issue that has been bothering me lately.
The modification you did on the Glyph of Renewal, making it an aoe circle skill is annoying. Well, the thing is, it’s now less responsive when I’m trying to resurrect allies. Besides, the real issue that came with it, is the fact that it can’t be used underwater anymore.
We have never been able to cast aoe circle skills underwater for a reason, it’s that it can work only if you stand the deepest underwater and try to cast it directly on the ground which is, as you can expect, totally useless, since nobody fights on the ground underwater.
Could it be possible to revert it back to what it was before the change, or at least make it as to cast it like it use to be only underwater please ? Thank you