Remove "Breaks Stun" From Mist Form Description Until Fixed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alex Kelley.2748

Alex Kelley.2748

Though, considering it hasn’t been working for months, it’d probably make more sense to simply remove it and act like it was never there.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

You sure you aren’t confusing stun with immobilize? I keep hearing that it doesn’t break stun but I can’t reproduce.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

It does do what the description says: break stun. It shouldn’t remove immobilize/bleed/poison.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

the stunbreak is the only thing that does work. the cooldown reduce trait does not work on mist form though, neither does any cantrip trait work if you use another cantrip while in mist form.
the stunbreak part is not bugged though ..

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Also remove the invulnerable from the description. I can’t count how many times I’ve died (and been immobilized) in mistform.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

You still take damage from previously applied conditions. You don’t take any new damage. It’s the way all “invulnerability” works.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I get rooted like 20x as often as I get stunned, add root break to mistform please, it only makes sense.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

No it doesn’t. Virtually every other stun break in the game doesn’t remove immobilize. Condition removal removes immobilize, so take it and use it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Selix.5670

Selix.5670

Hey, guess what. You get condition removal when you swap to water. Pop mist form, switch to water. Stun and immobilize are both gone. Problem solved? CRISIS AVERTED!!!! You can now go back to your hot joins and stop being bad. kthx.

in Elementalist

Daharahj.1325

There’s also a way to make cantrips remove conditions by combining 2 traits.

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

1 condition. Not multiple ones. And you usually have 3-4 on you when you need to use mist form (one of them might be immobilized).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Selix.5670

Selix.5670

Spec 30 into water. You just removed 1 by going into mist form, and another 2 by changing to water. You can remove another one by using your heal if you are taking damage. If it’s that much of a problem, bring cleansing, and you can remove every condition on you at once.

in Elementalist

Daharahj.1325

make cantrip"s" remove condition"s"

Was speaking generally, obviously I meant 1 condition per cantrip.

But yeah, it’s very situational.

Spec 30 into water. You just removed 1 by going into mist form, and another 2 by changing to water. You can remove another one by using your heal if you are taking damage. If it’s that much of a problem, bring cleansing, and you can remove every condition on you at once.

You forgot Evasive Arcana in Water Att.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

make cantrip"s" remove condition"s"

Was speaking generally, obviously I meant 1 condition per cantrip.

But yeah, it’s very situational.

You forgot Evasive Arcana in Water Att.

You can’t dodge while immobolized.

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Sounds nice on paper put the problem is in mistform your traits don’t work. So when you try to use the healing glyph in mistform the regeneration won’t remove a condition. And if you have time/enough HP to use the glyph before using mistform then you didn’t need to use mistform in the first place.

Cleansing fire removes 3, not all conditions. Not enough against a conditionmancer for example. Also with 2 of our utilities usually taken up by arcane shield and mistform to survive bringing cleansing fire is a hard choice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alex Kelley.2748

Alex Kelley.2748

Apologies for the very late response.

I was under the impression the “break stun” did actually mean it was intended to remove immobilize since Armor of Earth and Lightning Flash both have the same affect in their descriptions and both do remove immobilize. For Lightning Flash, I can understand that it may just be how the skill was designed to work, but where does the immobilize removal come from when using Armor of Earth?

Note: Stability doesn’t grant immunity against immobilize.

Thanks in advance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Lightning flash doesn’t remove immobilization. Are you using a tank ele build perhaps? There’s a trait that adds regeneration to cantrips, and another trait that removes a condition when you apply regeneration. So you might just be curing immobilization because of those traits working together.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrQuizzles.6823

MrQuizzles.6823

Lightning Flash should so remove immobilize, though.

What wizard has ever said the following:
“Hey, I’m going to teleport away. These roots that are holding me in place? Let’s take them with me.”