Remove icebow from the game

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

With a 50% damage nerf it’s now useless so please just remove it from the game.
That’s not balancing, it’s destroying a skill.

It’s taking space for nothing now.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

That mic drop.

I love you Irenio.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Hey look at the bright side, at least that one troll from the Rev forum won’t come here to cry about it :p (I can hope)

Anyway, this change was long overdue. One skill shouldn’t have had such a huge impact.

But now I do hope we get changes to make Conjures more worth slotting. Earth Shield stun break would be a good start, followed by AoE effect when a Conjure is summonmed.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

its not worthless because it still has a freeze. believe it or not, 50% damage decrease its still optimal for damage… its just not RIDICULOUS now

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Well, I think it was a really needed nerf, it was facerolling an already facerolled combat system on PvE

M I L K B O I S

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cylokin.2560

Cylokin.2560

Thank god for that nerf, It should have came long time ago.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

That nerf was a looooong time coming. It was completely broken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

its not worthless because it still has a freeze. believe it or not, 50% damage decrease its still optimal for damage… its just not RIDICULOUS now

This

M I L K B O I S

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

What is ridiculous is getting shaterred for 25k from stealth, not an aoe skill you can just dodge out.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’m surprised they didn’t do that 3 target cap for meteor shower as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

It isn’t a nerf.

It will deal overall +50% against groups of enemies.

4000 × 1 = 4000
2000 × 3 = 6000

It just requires more foes to hit.

Zenith: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meteor_Shower

Meteor Shower DOES do that.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

They shouldn’t remove IceBow, they should give a HUUUGE buff to conjure weapon trait to make it viable for us to consider using them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Deep freeze really won’t be as useful once break bars go live. Most of the bosses that we saw in the beta get a 5 second stun when you break them anyways, and then can’t be affected by any sort okittenittenil that bar resets, so why bother using a skill that roots you in place when it won’t have any effect?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think ice bow is just in a weird spot. The AA tricks you into thinking it is a support/healing weapon (the “water theme”), but then you have these massive damaging skills…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

i still think its the highest dmg skill in the game by quite a margin (large hitbox or line-cast on small hitbox).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Ice bow had to be nerfed, but now that all of our conjures are useless, except the FGS for mobility, we should get the long overdue conjure rework. They are extremely clunky skills and are very hard to balance properly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

I don’t think anyone would argue that it didn’t need a nerf, but this just seems like a bit much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

With a 50% damage decrease It is STILL one of the highest damage skills in the game… that should tell you how absurd it was before. It will still be used the same as it is now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: jakethesnake.5132

jakethesnake.5132

yes lets just completely gut eles and remove all their damage from WvW. What a great idea…..

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

yes lets just completely gut eles and remove all their damage from WvW. What a great idea…..

Yeah it already makes a huge red circle everyone just dodge out now because of the previous nerf. Most of the time you can barely get a few meteors to hit unless the people are already down.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It might still be a dps increase against targets with large hit boxes, and naturally if you use line casting which pretty much no one does. Otherwise, it is useless now. Adding break bars will also gut skill 5 for pve so the whole utility is more or less dead outside of world boss trains where nothing really matters anyways.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: dragosf.3291

dragosf.3291

It isn’t a nerf.

4000 × 1 = 4000
2000 × 3 = 6000

What are you smoking, man? Old skill used to hit 5 targets. This is proper math:

4000 × 5 = 20000
2000 × 3 = 6000

It’s basically a 70% dmg nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Look at your meteor shower tooltip right now.

It’s already 3 targets per meteor cap.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avadore.4196

Avadore.4196

Clearly this appears to be a nerf due to PVE. it’s unfortunate that the change will affect PVP and WVW. I would love to see this to be exclusive to PVE and rest of the game remained unchanged.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

What is ridiculous is getting shaterred for 25k from stealth, not an aoe skill you can just dodge out.

Mesmers are so lucky every clone shatters for 8,3k dmg and can’t be dodged.

PS: Serious question: did any ele use icebow in pvp?

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m not sure ice bow will ever stop being used as long as line casting is still a thing.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

also they nerf burning dmg on ele and not on guardian, i saw a guardian killing svanir with 11 stacks of burning
well … thats bs

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

I would have been okay if the gave it about the dmg Meteor shower does. Now it is just butchered.

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

also they nerf burning dmg on ele and not on guardian, i saw a guardian killing svanir with 11 stacks of burning
well … thats bs

The nerf to burning application is a double edged sword; after all “you cannot be onmeshot by your own condi anymore if a necro stacks 15 in Ring of Fire and then transfers them” – Irenio. Guardians will still suffer the fate of self immolation vs. Necros.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Hey look at the bright side, at least that one troll from the Rev forum won’t come here to cry about it :p (I can hope)

Anyway, this change was long overdue. One skill shouldn’t have had such a huge impact.

But now I do hope we get changes to make Conjures more worth slotting. Earth Shield stun break would be a good start, followed by AoE effect when a Conjure is summonmed.

huge impact on what? PvE? That is only 1/3 the game, screw PvE. It destroyed it for WvW and most importantly sPvP. It was an absolute risk to take it in sPvP and now there is zero reward for being rooted.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

huge impact on what? PvE? That is only 1/3 the game, screw PvE. It destroyed it for WvW and most importantly sPvP. It was an absolute risk to take it in sPvP and now there is zero reward for being rooted.

Pve is much more important than both www and pvp, 50% nerf on 4th skill is very good, but they should nerf 5th skill because it makes boss battles very stupid.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Game was balanced around pvp for 2 years, now we get ONE pve patch and you all cry havoc…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chris.5720

Chris.5720

Imo, they seriously should have split the skill for PvE and WvW/PvP because sure, in PvE it was a bit OP and its usage go a bit out of hand at times.

However, for PvP and WvW it actually required some skill to pull of Icebow 4. No only because you are fighting real players there who can dodge and whatever but also because even if you do run full zerk, an icebow 4 on a somewhat bigger group kills you in seconds if you don’t cancel it before it ends (thanks retail)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

The skill was laughably overpowered. It should have been nerfed 1 year ago.

It still has its uses. Even with 50% nerf to damage its still one of the most powerful skills in game. Plus the deep freeze will still have its uses even with the new break bar. No you wont be able to one shot the boss while you deep freeze it to death. Heck, eles will actually have to think now! :O

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Seeing OP cry like that is priceless. Thanks Anet, another overdue fix.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It isn’t a nerf.

4000 × 1 = 4000
2000 × 3 = 6000

What are you smoking, man? Old skill used to hit 5 targets. This is proper math:

4000 × 5 = 20000
2000 × 3 = 6000

It’s basically a 70% dmg nerf.

That is per impact as well isnt it so it looks more like:

4000*5*24 = 480k
2000*3*24 = 144k

Even vs singular targets it used to do 96k damage. Now it does 48k so it would be far more in line with other high damage abilities.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dragosf.3291

dragosf.3291

4000*5*24 = 480k
2000*3*24 = 144k

Even vs singular targets it used to do 96k damage. Now it does 48k so it would be far more in line with other high damage abilities.

Doesn’t matter if it’s per impact as the number of impacts doesn’t change. The point is that he was doing it wrong and he thought it was a buff, as if before it only hit 1 target.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

4000*5*24 = 480k
2000*3*24 = 144k

Doesn’t matter if it’s per impact as the number of impacts doesn’t change. The point is that he was doing it wrong and he thought it was a buff, as if before it only hit 1 target.

I can see where he went wrong though since i dont believe the 5 target thing is in the tooltip? My point was visualizing how ridiculously powerful the skill was and how its now more inline with other things. Justified nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Was probably needed to avoid the “must have 5 eles” on raids.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

RIP Team Phalanx {FullZerk Meta 7k+ Guard, 2xEle, Thief, War}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Icebow was kind of broken for PvE (not in PvP) but now none of the conjure weapons are viable except FGS. They seriously need a heavy rework. The Ice Bow was supposed to be a healing conjured weapon. Why don’t u add tons of healing to it? The Axe, Hammer and Shield are still not used anywhere.

in Elementalist

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

Why does Anet always go so drastic with nerfs. It’s FGS nerf all over again. Just fixing the trail stacking could’ve done it but they had to do 70% dmg nerf too. Now Ice Bow – just nerf the dmg what’s with the targed nerf?
Dam take a nap. Why not just nerf the dmg to enemies and add a healing effect on allies by Ice Storm.

Also nerfing vigor on one of the two classes with lowest base defense
??

(edited by iriyabran.6218)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Pve is much more important than both www and pvp, 50% nerf on 4th skill is very good, but they should nerf 5th skill because it makes boss battles very stupid.

Lol, good one. Name a single paid tournament for PvE? Compare twitch viewership for sPvP to PvE channels. Yeah, more important my kitten .

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ice Bow was pretty crazy. I’m glad to see it nerfed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

The ele tears right now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LunasaPrismriver.4321

LunasaPrismriver.4321

Icebow 4 didn’t make the bossfights stupid, it made them bearable. The bosses won’t suddenly get harder because we do less damage. It will just take longer to kill them. Icebow 4 didn’t break any dungeon/boss mechanics. Those were broken right from the start. It just allowed us to get faster through that mess.

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Why does Anet always go so drastic with nerfs. It’s FGS nerf all over again. Just fixing the trail stacking could’ve done it but they had to do 70% dmg nerf too. Now Ice Bow – just nerf the dmg what’s with the targed nerf?

Also nerfing vigor on one of the two classes with lowest base defense
??

I think it’s because they don’t really play their own game. If they did they would have nerfed mesmer burst damage and confusion, guardian burn damage, warrior burst damage, ranger pewpew, engi ccs or block, necro lifeblast, etc.

Because they aren’t really trying to balance their game they just create a new meta for us to play with for 6 months. The Ice Bow nerf was just like the Turrets engi nerf, they didn’t balance turrets, they just made them useless.

As for the vigor nerf its just going to make it easier for shatter mesmer to 1-shot staff eles.

The Might on cantrip nerf is the worse, it was the merging of 2 bad traits that justified the new trait system. They were so proud to show us this new trait… Now we are stuck with just 3 trait lines and traits are being made bad again. Terrible decision, they could just have removed 1 stack.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I don’t like how they said they want to “normalize” the vigor traits but failed to account for the fact that Renewing Stamina is a Major trait, while the others are Minors.

True, we have more access to Vigor with Soothing Disruption, but that just pushes us more into Water/Cantrips.

At the very least they could have switched Arcane Fury and Renewing Stamina. It’s not like anyone picks Arcane Precision or Arcane Abatement anyway.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I think the only time I have used the ice bow and my elemental was for Ascalon Catacombs. Just because the targeting for the graveling burrow still easier to take out with a constant AoE effect like the ice bow #4 skill. Unless they fixed that issue with the burrows always being obstructed in the last 3 plus years? Anyhow I can adapt because it really does not drastically change how I play the game anyways.