Replacing Burning Fire

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

With the upcoming nerf to Burning Fire, I think it would be better to give that trait a new functionality and replace it completly. I’m not a fan of auto-cleanses (or auto-stunbreakers for that matter) so I propose to replace Burning Fire with

Cautery Signets. Activating Signets apply Fire Aura. Fire Auras you apply cleanse one condition.

Reasoning:

• The trait slot remains a fire-themed cleanse paired with might generation, but works differently
  • It has synergy within the fire line, with other trait lines and with Tempest even without the usage of signets, but you gain more from this trait when using signets.
  • It gives condition-cleanses outside water and cantrips
  • It gives Fire’s Embrace back and buffs the currently underpowered signet-builds

Thoughts?

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

There is one problem devs stated that there should be only one utility/weapon focused trait per utility/weapon. Signet is already taken.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well like AoE passive from earth line the new burning fire seems to be in like with that now. What they need to do is buff conja weapons effect in fire line (fire aura on pick up not worth it) and give some aura boon of effect other then making fire auras stronger.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There is one problem devs stated that there should be only one utility/weapon focused trait per utility/weapon. Signet is already taken.

They never stated that for utilities, just weapons. This trait is one of two traits dedicated to cantrips, Mesmers have two dedicated to mantras, and Necros even have three dedicated to nothing but minions.

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

no. keep burning fire as it is… remove some of the blast finishers from daggers..

srsly i do not care the slightest about pvp… but why do they gut wvw ele builds because of pvp…

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I like the Fire Aura Cleanse condition part. Which should be in One with Fire.

Alerie Despins

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

What if the conjure trait let you mark the ground you planted the weapon and allowed you to teleport to that spot for the next 15sec?

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Fire burns!

Best trait name ever.

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

say good buy to those 12 might you use to sustain your damage in tankyer builds

……
………..
Gonna have to build a bit more ballsy now i guess. good luck

I agree the trait needs new functionality but cantrips shouldn’t have any offensive ability attached to them. I agree that the might should stay removed but the trait burning fire needs to do something else in its place. Cantrips already have regen and vigor attached to them from water line so….. that should tell you how they were intended to be used defensively.

The only thing I could honestly see the trait attaching to now is glyps maybe…

But then again this trait was super strong for a adept level trait maybe its fine just not having any bonus functionality. Maybe now others will start to use different things in the fire line…… and then just maybe….. in some months we will see it get fixed up with something but for now put some of those cantrips away and prepare to go back to your arcane use.

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

say good buy to those 12 might you use to sustain your damage in tankyer builds

……
………..
Gonna have to build a bit more ballsy now i guess. good luck

I agree the trait needs new functionality but cantrips shouldn’t have any offensive ability attached to them. I agree that the might should stay removed but the trait burning fire needs to do something else in its place. Cantrips already have regen and vigor attached to them from water line so….. that should tell you how they were intended to be used defensively.

The only thing I could honestly see the trait attaching to now is glyps maybe…

But then again this trait was super strong for a adept level trait maybe its fine just not having any bonus functionality. Maybe now others will start to use different things in the fire line…… and then just maybe….. in some months we will see it get fixed up with something but for now put some of those cantrips away and prepare to go back to your arcane use.

IMO, saying things like ‘cantrip shouldn’t have any offensive…’ is the root of ele problems since forever. My point is, if other kind of skills were also able to provide ele with what he need to survive, ppl might actually go for them instead of camping cantrips. By giving cantrip some offense and other skills some much needed defense and synergy you would see much greater diversity in builds.

Burning fire was the reason why I felt it was ok for me to let go of arcana. They had finally made the fire line attractive enough that ppl were able to leave consider replacing one of the eternal mandatory line of old. I’m baffled to see any one voicing a problem with ppl finally going for fire after all that time…

I was never playing d/d cele and for me burning fire was letting me play things outside the eternal same old because not only it gave fire one condi cleanse but it was also helping my damage output… Beside, it’s not like getting 3 might per use of a kind of skill is anything new or exclusive to ele. Other profession also have the exact same thing but with other skills (necro and ranger have it on signet for ex)

D/D cele was the problem and they should have stick to things touching just that and nothing else.

Replacing Burning Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I was actually very surprised they decided to just outright remove the Might stacks; I was expecting them to shave it down to 2 or even 1 stack per Cantrip.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.