Returning Elementalist with some questions

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xilluxi.4162

Xilluxi.4162

So I’m coming back after a very long break. Enjoying myself so far. In most other games I usually play healer support (yes I understand that there is no need for healers out of raids in this game). So anyway, I gave druid a shot this time around and though it’s nice it just isn’t clicking with me.

I am reading a lot of negative stuff about ele, though it’s my preferred class and first level 80 character. I also love light armor looks. I remember they used to be quite strong but most of what I read is that they are really low tier, especially in pve. This worries me because PVE is my playstyle, though ofc I won’t shy away from the occasional pvp/wvw.

Yes, I have done research about the nerfs. I have read and read. Yes I know, I know. Play what you want there is no best class. Please don’t respond to this thread with those types of answers.

I’m looking for real, solid advice with actual explanations. Is it even worth going back to my ele right now or should I tough it out with my druid until a-net changes something? As I don’t have much experience to a-net’s response time with these types of things do you think a change is even needed/likely/going to happen soon?

What are the main problems with ele, and where are they lacking most? Are they useful in raids, fractals, can they solo through some of the HoT content? (Yes, I know all characters are special snowflakes and have a use, but I mean compared to other high tier pve classes). My main focus is PVE, I will PVP but that’s not my focus.

Any help would be appreciated. I know some would say just go for it and play what you want. However, I tend to invest gems and a lot of time into my characters and don’t really like alting so I don’t want to make a decision I will regret (if I go back to my ele).

Thank you for your time.

Edit: On a side note, what are other classes that are high tier in pve right now? I like magic feeling classes. Please, none of the every class is good stuff we all know there are preferred classes for certain things. I’m talking for solo pve, fractal, raid. Thanks again guys, for your time.

(edited by Xilluxi.4162)

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

honestly, my only problem with ele is the low health, low armor. It wasn’t that much noticeable pre nerf, but now its hard not to notice how easily anything can kill you in a couple of hits. Once healing got nerfed surviving in blood stone fen is a challenge since alot of mobs in the content 1 shots. I still play on my ele, I just don’t touch HOT content as much as when I did. But, I keep finding myself alternating back and forth to my reaper.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

So I’m coming back after a very long break. Enjoying myself so far. In most other games I usually play healer support (yes I understand that there is no need for healers out of raids in this game). So anyway, I gave druid a shot this time around and though it’s nice it just isn’t clicking with me.

I am reading a lot of negative stuff about ele, though it’s my preferred class and first level 80 character. I also love light armor looks. I remember they used to be quite strong but most of what I read is that they are really low tier, especially in pve. This worries me because PVE is my playstyle, though ofc I won’t shy away from the occasional pvp/wvw.

Yes, I have done research about the nerfs. I have read and read. Yes I know, I know. Play what you want there is no best class. Please don’t respond to this thread with those types of answers.

I’m looking for real, solid advice with actual explanations. Is it even worth going back to my ele right now or should I tough it out with my druid until a-net changes something? As I don’t have much experience to a-net’s response time with these types of things do you think a change is even needed/likely/going to happen soon?

What are the main problems with ele, and where are they lacking most? Are they useful in raids, fractals, can they solo through some of the HoT content? (Yes, I know all characters are special snowflakes and have a use, but I mean compared to other high tier pve classes). My main focus is PVE, I will PVP but that’s not my focus.

Any help would be appreciated. I know some would say just go for it and play what you want. However, I tend to invest gems and a lot of time into my characters and don’t really like alting so I don’t want to make a decision I will regret (if I go back to my ele).

Thank you for your time.

Edit: On a side note, what are other classes that are high tier in pve right now? I like magic feeling classes. Please, none of the every class is good stuff we all know there are preferred classes for certain things. I’m talking for solo pve, fractal, raid. Thanks again guys, for your time.

I mean, it is worth it to go back to ele if you really realy enjoy the class. However the fact is that we have the lowest hp and the lowest armor in the game taking the most damage and going down the easiest.

Druid will do significantly less damage than ele still but in general druid is a class that has a solid position right now in PvP and PvE. You ALWAYS want a druid in PvE. I’ve seen them being used mostly in raids but they have been helpful in fractals (condition damage variant). Even in open world I would say I appreciate them bc they give heals and team buffs which increase my own dps.

Ele is used in Raid pugs (mostly bc I believe they haven’t moved on to the current top tier meta) and rarely in fractals as condition damage reigns supreme (toughness scaling and boon thieves).

Other classes that are top tier right now in PvE (maybe a little bit of PvP)?
Light Classes
Necromancer – really good in PvP and PvE right now. Condi damage is great in raids and in fractals. Pretty decent in open world too imo. Always wanted in PvE.
Mesmer – Really good in PvE not sure on PvP but they don’t do damage they give out every boon in the game and it is amazing. Plus perma quickness and most of the time alacrity. They are always wanted on teams in PvE at least but aren’t easy to play.

Other classes that may be magicky and good?
Revenant – simplistic but good simply bc of naturalistic resonance. Half decent defense and good output of boons and other things.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xilluxi.4162

Xilluxi.4162

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will just stick with druid for now as it seems to fit that PVE support knack atm.