Returning...rotation for staff soloing needed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Splashez.7439

Splashez.7439

Returning to GW2, would like to try out pve soloing with staff if possible. I like the staff and especially what it can do in groups.

But this is about pve soloing. I’m able to pull it off, but based on all the reports of people going 1-80 with staff, I’m hoping for suggestions on the best staff rotation for small groups of trash mobs?

Thanks in advance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

If you need blinds, pop glyph of storms while in earth, then swap to fire and use lava font then meteor shower. If the mobs might run out of your meteor shower you could do earth, glyph of storms, air, static field, then do fire and lava font and meteor shower. If that’s not enough, throw in ice bow as well.

Also if you’re interested in soloing bosses with staff once you hit 80, here are some examples from my youtube channel you can check out.
http://youtu.be/OvUYN6ollAM?list=UUv6HbF4vrYlqyGQXN5YV1JA
http://youtu.be/-94zZdv-voU?list=UUv6HbF4vrYlqyGQXN5YV1JA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Splashez.7439

Splashez.7439

Amazing videos Quin. Thanks also for the rotation suggestions. I have a long, long way to go :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

You have to spam fire 2 with staff to have any DPS so its hard to build a creative rotation out of that. Its hit fire 2 after every cooldown and the rest is just filler imo. Anything else and your DPS is crap with staff.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I pack Arcane Brilliance + Arcane Wave (both traited), Glyph of Storms and Radiation Field on my Ele. Glyph of Elementals is my elite.

For trash mobs, you can typically get away with throwing up Earth 2 on the mobs as you approach, then switching to Fire and dropping Fire 2+Arcane Wave on them just before Earth 2 detonates. Throw on Fire 3 and then just spam Fire 1 in melee while the Bleeding/Burning takes them down.

For tougher foes, or when facing multiple mobs, I start by throwing Earth 2 on mobs, letting it explode, then let the mobs run to me as I drop Sandstorm on myself. Follow it up with Earth 2 again, swap to Fire, drop Fire 2, then proceed as usual. If the mobs are still alive by the time Sandstorm wears off (happens often if they are Veterans or Elites), then throw down Radiation Field and start the Earth/Fire rotation again.

If you need healing at any time, swap to Water and drop Water 3, then blast it with Arcane Brilliance and Arcane Wave.

If the mobs look particularly dangerous, summon your Earth Elemental first for extra tanking.

If you don’t have an Asura, you can substitute Radiation Field with another useful utility like Armor of Earth or Cleansing Fire, or Lesser Glyph of Elementals for more tanking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You have to spam fire 2 with staff to have any DPS so its hard to build a creative rotation out of that. Its hit fire 2 after every cooldown and the rest is just filler imo. Anything else and your DPS is crap with staff.

Meteor shower is a DPS increase on even small targets and a huge DPS increase on large ones. Also blasting in your lava fonts is important, especially with arcane lightning trait. It’s also important to use #3 off cooldown to maintain burning for the minor trait that gives 10% damage.