Rework glyph of lesser elementals

in Elementalist

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

Glyphs have always been the ugly stepchild of the ele utilities, and glyph of lesser elementals is definitely the worse of all glyphs because the pet AI is horrible to begin with, and the elementals are horrible anyway, they’re slow, don’t have enough durability, and their skill casts are slow as heck.

Of all the glyphs we had in gw1, why this cheap knockoff of an elite glyph which is also pretty “meh”, why not put in..idk..glyph of renewal (its function anyway) or glyph of sacrifice, which imo are way better than glyph of lesser elementals.

A replacement glyph could have the following effect:

You activate the glyph and have its effect as a buff for few seconds, the effect depends on your attunement when you activate (click) the glyph.

Fire: your next spell deals xx% more damage
Water: your next spell also heals allies around your target
Air: your next spell recharges xx% faster / instantly
Earth: incoming damage is reduced by xx% while casting your next spell OR you are immune to control effects while casting your next channeled spell.

(edited by RapidSausage.4620)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

..hmm..maybe in 3-4 years from now you’ll get a rework on glyphs for ele..hang in there

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

agreed, i think the lesser elementals have less hp than a mini

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Well, it did take Anet years to do a full ele rebalance in GW1. By the time the rebalance happened, GW2 was already out and I was focusing only on GW2. I wouldn’t expect a major rework for any class for a long time.

in Elementalist

RapidSausage.4620

This isn’t a class rework, it’s a skill rework, and only one skill at that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

No Glyph of Lesser Elementals has use in PvE for the Ice and Fire and Earth elementals, which provide a third of our few ice fields (while the Greater Elemental provides another third), AoE might, and a meat shield that dwarfs Flesh Golem. They aren’t great DPS its true, but they cover you against ranged enemies and at least hinder melee, while having other uses.

The worst glyph by FAR is Glyph of Renewal, there is no circumstance under which that glyph is of any use. It is actually slower than just reviving the person by hand in most cases, and ALWAYS slower than a stomp. And even IF you can find content where you need a ranged revive and can cast the entire thing without being interrupted, if that content deals enough damage to down anyone you will have to dodge some time during the cast time, which is a channel and is therefore interrupted by dodging.

If any of the glyphs should go, its Glyph of Renewal, and I would love if they would bring back Glyph of Elemental Storage as a replacement. Heck even Glyph of Concentration would be better than the restoration glyph.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

I use Glyph of Lesser “Water” Elementals all time along with the elite Water Elementals in PvE. They are… ahumm… mediocre, but I personally don’t like the rest of the Elite skills and I like extra allies to help out in PvE. They can be better, but I don’t think Anet care too much. If its possible…. we should summon two lesser elementals with the same recharge time and all. While the Elite elemental should last until it die.

in Elementalist

RapidSausage.4620

Elementals would’ve been Ok if we could command them in similarly to a ranger’s pets since they have a longer cooldown and a more diverse skillset than say..necro minions.

But it still doesn’t warrant having two glyphs that are pretty much the same thing, it would be awesome if the elite glyph lasted a bit longer, elementals had more health and toughness, and you could control the two skills they have that aren’t the auto attack, while replacing the lesser glyph with something more attractive.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They are ok pve tools but most pets that have low hp / def are bad in pvp/wvw.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA