Ride The Lightning Stealth Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melkiah.2496

Melkiah.2496

No one noticed that now you can’t use RTL in mid-air, as it will make you charge towards the ground? :-/

/discuss

Melkiah Soulreaper
VII Guild
Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mufflo.1725

Mufflo.1725

This is legit, as it was able to jump you between cliffs nobody could jump. Though, it will be sorely missed, as poor eles got only a few other good spells.

Asura in a restaurant ordered Rice n’ Chicken. Those were his last words.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

I tested it… Indeed, straight line to the ground. It is not even mentioned in the notes.
This nerf overshadows other buffs, time to shelve elementalist, at least untill my displeasure ends :/

(edited by Burrid.4739)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

What?!?!?!? The coolest thing in Guild Wars 2… nerfed?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeFrOn.8607

DeFrOn.8607

Someone tell this to the developer and fixed it!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antrasith.2187

Antrasith.2187

What? Is this true? So if I’m standing on an edge and I want to RTL to someone on a lower level from me, I can’t anymore?

/sad.. RTL was already too buggy and now it’s gotten nerfed on top of that?!
It was by far my most favorite skill allthough it bugged out 50% of the time..

The Wheel turns as the Wheel Wills

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Meh, just tried it ingame, and still works the same for me? Don’t see any change to it…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeFrOn.8607

DeFrOn.8607

Probably ur inexperienced in using that skill milennin, any experienced elementalist would see the HUGE difference in ride the lighting change

in Elementalist

Burrid.4739

Meh, just tried it ingame, and still works the same for me? Don’t see any change to it…

It’s not the same.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

./facepalm and I actually wanted to login tonight. Oh well back to xcom.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antrasith.2187

Antrasith.2187

Lightning bolts do not take de-tours IRL, fix this so it goes straight for the target please
:)

The Wheel turns as the Wheel Wills

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Yet, do Warrior leap skills let them make those jumps?

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Inconceivable.7823

Inconceivable.7823

Aww man, one of my favorite things about my ele…gone. Im not sure why they did this….was there some sort of exploit that you could use it for that people complained about? If it was a nerf just for nerf sake…I’m not too happy. Wish I’d seen this before giving props to AN for the ele changes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

is still the jump useful to avoid the bug -.-?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

weird “nerf”, I always sincerely thought that -aside getting you back to foe- it was working as intended. Also, since they haven’t stated anything about it, I wouldn’t jump to assume they did nerf it intentionally.

in Elementalist

Posted by: gkrit.9416

gkrit.9416

@Burrid

that made me LOL!

in Elementalist

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

oh stop complaining… at least we still get to use it to escape and attack people… who cares that we cant to evil canival. god, this generation of wow players will complain about the stupidest and smallest things

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Man, the flying was half the fun of the skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

Turn your speakers volume up.

Open link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Jg6L16Mzs

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So did they even fix this bugged crap skill or did they just nerf it?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

This just sucks big time, RTL was hands down the MOST fun skill in the game, it still is awesome, but jumping and popping RTL was such a cool feeling.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nepumuk.6071

Nepumuk.6071

I still seem to be able to ride from one wall to the other behind the non functional Asura gate in the mists. From the posts here I thought it should dump me to the ground instead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noctred.6732

Noctred.6732

It’s not an immediate descent so it really depends on the distance you’re trying to travel.

Like on Khylo if you try to RTL from either of the treb platforms to the rooftops you’ll get sucked down to the ground now, whereas before you could clear the gaps – but you can still RTL from the clocktower platform through either of the windows and w/e.

It sucks but oh well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

I seem to recall RTL doing this before the patch. Like if you jump off the south side of a garrison keep and hit RTL, it goes out for a bit but then stops and goes straight down. It has been like this for a while now.

After the patch, I played for quite a while and did not notice any difference in RTL. I still jump before RTL so I don’t know if their other bugs were fixed. It’ll be a hard habit to break.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I wouldn’t mind but I’ve had a few cases where it’s caused falling damage when going down a hill I could walk down with no issues.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

A strange changed, but one that hardly affects real gameplay

We got a couple nice changes and you’re quitting?

lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

^ I disagree. I use RTL to escape enemy zergs near garrison all the time. I’d run to the cliffs, jump down to the mid cliffs then RTL across the gap to the plateau thus saving my bacon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RawkFist.1935

RawkFist.1935

I remember RTL doing this in the BWE’s and in the beginning. I would go to the diving board and do what I called “The Electric Cannonball”. =)

As far as as lightning not taking detours, if you want to get technical, no it doesn’t take detours but it’s also traveling down.

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

So you lost an escape that really never should have been possible in the first place. Find a new one. I’ve been escaping zergs just fine without it.

It’s not that big of a deal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

So you lost an escape that really never should have been possible in the first place. Find a new one. I’ve been escaping zergs just fine without it.

Just because you never used something doesn’t mean it didn’t change game play for someone else when it was removed. I was trying to widen your view past yourself. Seems I failed.

in Elementalist

EnochDagor.6185

Ok, everyone that is saying RTL was changed, did you just come back to the class because of the recent patch? If so, maybe it was like this for a while and you just don’t recall.

I’ll check again tonight and I’m sure I’ll see a difference immediately (I use RTL in every fight)… but last night it was fine.

Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)

in Elementalist

Burrid.4739

Ok, everyone that is saying RTL was changed, did you just come back to the class because of the recent patch? If so, maybe it was like this for a while and you just don’t recall.

I’ll check again tonight and I’m sure I’ll see a difference immediately (I use RTL in every fight)… but last night it was fine.

No, been playing elementalist since start.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I haven’t tested yet myself but RTL has had a bit of forward run then shoots you to the ground for a while now (I wasn’t d/d in bwe1 so I have no idea about RTL during the entirety of the beta).

If there is a change to immediately hug the ground I would not be surprised. We were complaining about ground collision with RTL/being stuck so it would not surprise me if this is a side effect (and why I was actually pro-keep-RTL-in-a-semi-bugged-state because I didn’t trust them to fix it without kill the long jump ability).

Edit: I tested out RTL in Lions Arch really quick (don’t have time to check the various jump puzzles and whatnot I’ve used it on) and I do not see a significant difference compared to pre halloween patch so far.

(edited by Nageth.5648)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Moose Rooster.4927

Moose Rooster.4927

And, there goes my last bit of love for elementalist…

in Elementalist

EnochDagor.6185

Tested it. No difference from before the patch. Goes out effected by gravity but will eventually stop moving forward and go straight down. Been like this for a few weeks at least.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Ok now lets change the skill name.

Fall with the Lightning.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

@Moose Rooster.4927

So that was the only thing making you play the elementalist? One buggy worthless skill?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Schroedingercat.7065

Schroedingercat.7065

This is weird. Mine is teleporting me back to my start point if i am on a ledge and try to RTL down off the ledge. only about 4 feet down to the ground, not enough to even give falling damage. it reminds me of how mesmer teleport works on Z axis difference teleports now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RawkFist.1935

RawkFist.1935

Yeah. There was a HUGE improvement done. Granted it was for mostly dagger but still they heard our cries regarding the down state and 1 skill that’s been bugged is causing so much strife in your life? Rome wasn’t built in a day, folks. >_>

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

This is weird. Mine is teleporting me back to my start point if i am on a ledge and try to RTL down off the ledge. only about 4 feet down to the ground, not enough to even give falling damage. it reminds me of how mesmer teleport works on Z axis difference teleports now.

Rubberbanding is probably related to server issues.

in Elementalist

Moose Rooster.4927

@silvermember.8941

No, that was the last reason I was playing one, the sheer amount of fun I had due to the ability.

There were many reasons I started playing an elementalist, many features I wanted to test out and see how they worked, but as I played I found that things like Powerful Aura were not designed for WvW play but instead designed for Dungeons. I found that a number of our skills either didn’t work or had the wrong tool tip and performed incorrectly. Our “melee” skills were unlike any other melee skill and only performed one ability, no cycling of abilities when casted to make your character feel more flushed out.

RTL is an ability that allowed the elementalist to go and see amazing things, it allowed for lots of fun and to switch up game play as you went, whether that means jumping off a tower and RTLing into someone else then updrafting them off, or just RTL away from a zerg by jumping cliff to cliff, it was an amazing skill.

I will try it out, see if I can find the old joy in RTL but I will always remember what I used to be able to do with it.

(edited by Moose Rooster.4927)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Enlight.4576

Enlight.4576

RTL looks like fixed to me, I didn’t get stuck anymore while rushing to an opponent.

The only other thing changed is the jump-distance that got shorter, but it has no rilevant importance except for perfoming some cool jumps.

That’s what I noticed, I clearly might be wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Well it was useful for some jump puzzles so I’ll miss that, but at least at my level of play I didn’t use gap jumping RTLs much. Although looking at these comments maybe I should have been. If this is a side effect of fixing its bugginess, I’m happy. Otherwise mildly disappointed.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

Moose Rooster.4927

Well it was useful for some jump puzzles so I’ll miss that, but at least at my level of play I didn’t use gap jumping RTLs much. Although looking at these comments maybe I should have been. If this is a side effect of fixing its bugginess, I’m happy. Otherwise mildly disappointed.

In my opinion it wasn’t buggy at all, you just had to turn off the auto target/attack feature, as well as the melee block feature, which I didn’t have on anyway because I found that they slowed me down in pvp or in a lot of cases caused me to attack the wrong thing.

in Elementalist

Moose Rooster.4927

RTL looks like fixed to me, I didn’t get stuck anymore while rushing to an opponent.

The only other thing changed is the jump-distance that got shorter, but it has no rilevant importance except for perfoming some cool jumps.

That’s what I noticed, I clearly might be wrong.

No, I think you are right not wrong. The issues that some people had has been fixed, and I know why they changed the jump difference, just upset they did.

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

Just because you never used something doesn’t mean it didn’t change game play for someone else when it was removed. I was trying to widen your view past yourself. Seems I failed.

Changed gameplay how? Made it a little less fun? Okay. I’ll grant you that. But you didn’t need to to escape zergs before, and you dont now. It was just a “cool” way to do it. We still got some nice buffs.

All I’m saying is its hilarious these people saying “oh man, I’m quitting elementalist again because of this minor change”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spezz.2479

Spezz.2479

I pretty frequently use RTL off of the wall behind the waypoint in the heart of the mists, in the direction of Svanir and the Chieftain. I just did it a few times and while it’s unpredicable, as always, it’s behaving just like it did before the patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prince.3682

Prince.3682

It was a stealth ‘nerf’ if you want to call it that but it wasn’t from this patch. Has been like this a while.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melkiah.2496

Melkiah.2496

This change was introduced with the last patch, not weeks ago. I’ve been using my ele d/d everyday since day one and that’s a fresh change. If that was a necessary fix to make RTL work correctly it would be ok, but it still have problems: i got stuck a few times already and (maybe a new bug?) a couple of times it looked like it anticipated the enemy too much, making me charge where the enemy was headed but way farther from him. I certanly won’t quit my ele for this, i find it the most funny class and i’ll surely find new “alternative” ways to run away from a group of enemy. I’d only like to know why they put a major change in its traveling mechanics like that and why we were not told about it.

Melkiah Soulreaper
VII Guild
Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Assuming it was changed because on Kyhlo Eles could use it to reach the enemy treb from, I think, the clocktower. I never tried it as I assumed it would be fixed eventually.