Ride the Lightning

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tenebram.8975

Tenebram.8975

Was the reduction in health while using this intentional or a side effect of the patch? It seems really odd not to mention brutal.. doesn’t make much sense

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Question, are we invincible for the duration of the ride? (honestly, i’ve never looked) – if so it’s not to much of an issue but still needs a fix at some point, if not then it needs hotfixed ASAP as it’s a pretty major issue.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

Question, are we invincible for the duration of the ride? (honestly, i’ve never looked) – if so it’s not to much of an issue but still needs a fix at some point, if not then it needs hotfixed ASAP as it’s a pretty major issue.

No way does RTL make us Invincible I have been Immobilized and killed in the animation plenty of times.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Then as said, it needs a hotfix ASAP – it’s a pretty serious bug that a players own skill will knock a load of health off for it’s duration. Anyone who happnes to attack you while you use it is getting a free massive hit.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hekmatyar.8725

Hekmatyar.8725

It seems that what we’re losing is any stat that is given by traits.

Hot stuff :<

Nellmar/Arezzem

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Master Age.7391

Master Age.7391

I can confirm it: you lose all trait bonuses while RtL is active, and you CAN down yourself if you have low enough health while having anything into water. Or by using it to long jump.

If we survive the RtL, we get the health back as if nothing happened…

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

Good stuff Anet, really like your new ideas

Kanto

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Please post in the bug thread i made.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Transform-skills-health-bug-3-12-12

If we can down ourselfs then this needs reverted ASAP. Well it needs reverting anyways, but this is a very seriuos issue if we can now kill ourselfs by using a skill.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I just don’t understand why all these transforms seem to screw with traits etc :/ sigh can’t get a patch without more bugs …

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Femanon.4028

Femanon.4028

I think I just downed myself with this in WvW. I was gonna get the hell outta a big zerg at very low health, then bam, instant down. I have 30 in Water, so I took a 3K hit.

Priceless

[TUP] Femanon – Elementalist – http://www.youtube.com/user/deadai

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

If this was intentional, then it’s a shocking (no pun intended) change to say the least.

I mean we now have a skill that can actully kill ourself when we use it, or actully help an enemy kill us easier.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Master Age.7391

The bug topic was deleted

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

I know, i just got the PM from a mod telling me i’m not allowed to post it as it was a cross post (because i linked this thread).

As such i’ve made a new thread that doesn’t link this thread as stated it’s a bug report and not a cross post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Transform-skills-health-bug-3-12-12

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lifeson.4352

Lifeson.4352

I know, i just got the PM from a mod telling me i’m not allowed to post it.

Not sure what to make of that to be honest, was it an intentional change then and not considered a bug?.

What?! Now we really need an answer.. come on devs!

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Master Age.7391

It’s not limited to right the lightning. Mist Form and Engi’s Elixir S also do this.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: cznrhubarb.5946

cznrhubarb.5946

So I assume this also means that RtL does less damage for those of us traited in Fire or Air?

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Willybear.4927

Willybear.4927

The same issue occurs with Mist Form. It appears that any type of transformation removes vitality given by traits. Also, still no fix with regards to magnetic grasp and its leap finisher.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

mhm i got 852 more health than i should. Strange thing

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Well, since it will likely be the winter event patch before any possibility of a fix is put into place, it’s probably worth seeing what good we can make of it. My immediate thought is that I should test RTL’s vitality loss and its interaction with agony.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fang.6957

Fang.6957

So I assume this also means that RtL does less damage for those of us traited in Fire or Air?

Yep. Personally I lose about 10% crit chance while using RTL.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Master Age.7391

Moa Bird elite for Mesmers inadvertently buffed by this. The target loses all traits for the duration!

So yes, all Transform skills got kitten’d.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

I didn’t even think of this, i was focused on the health/defense loss and forgot about the actual hit.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

Oh yea. Just confirmed this. I get to be punished just because I traited to 30 in Water!! How stupid a bug is this?

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Fang.6957

It doesn’t appear that you can actually kill yourself using RTL. At full hp (14855) I’ll lose 3k hp and be at 11855 during the duration; however, if I’m low hp 1896 and use RTL I’ll have 1514 during the duration. This implies a ~20.2% drop at any health value. This is with 30 in water. The reduction is 7.8% and 14.4% hp with 10 and 20 points in water respectively. This directly corresponds to the decrease in vitality from those traits. Similar effects are observed for any stats gained through traits (precision, power, toughness etc.). Also, interestingly, this also effects secondary trait effects (boon duration, healing power, condition duration, etc.) making about anything you do weaker while in RTL (thankfully you cannot apply boons or switch attunements while in RTL or mist form, but presumably your regen ticks will be weaker).

That’s not to say that this bug can’t still kill you if you take a hit during RTL for more than your reduced health (harder to test – I suppose it’s possible the reduced stats are visual bugs?).

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I think you’re all missing the actual scope of the issue here.

This was obviously a stealth nerf to our strongest elite skill. TORNADO!

Now it has CONSIDERABLY less health than it normally would and lowers my crit chance by half, and drops my power making the damage output even more pointless!

Also, and perhaps a more pressing issue, every time I activate Tornado my game crashes o.o Is this only me?

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: etherfreeze.6834

etherfreeze.6834

Tornado is an emote they accidentally put as an elite skill.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Fang.6957

Tornado / Whirlpool are also affected by this bug. But be warned, don’t try to test either of these skills while your character screen is open or you will crash your client, lol.

Ride the Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

jep crash confirmed

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)