Ride the lightning

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Just going to throw out some facts. Here I will display some similar mobility skills which can be used for disengaging in sPvP and I would like some opinions and justification for this from players and if possible from a developer.

Elementalist:
Ride the lightning- cd 40s, if hitting a target 20s, range 1200

Ranger:
Hornet sting- cd 8s, range rollback 400 (evade), leap 600
Swoop- cd 12s, range 1100

Warrior:
Savage leap- cd 8s, range 600
Rush- cd 20s, range 1200

Take into consideration these are skills on melee weapons before posting please. Also, note that the Elementalist has the lowest base defense, the ranger is in the medium range and the warrior is at the top.

(edited by Zuik.7158)

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

@Zuik Just do what I do despite the bullkitten Anet trow at me I will always save my RTL to gtfo. As S/D user I just stay at the border of the conflict and whenever they try to get me and I’m out of “bullets” I will attune back to air thx fresh air and rtl away.

Will I get caught?, well ye sometimes is not like using stealth. But if I can run far enough to find a teammate my chaser will regret it if he still on me.

As to why the difference on cooldowns

I have no idea. Why do classes have different hp pools?, Why warriors AA hit so hard?, Why attunements have cooldowns?, Why stealth has no counterplay?, Why is ranger pet ai so frustrating?, Why don’t Anet have test server? What is the meaning of life?. I guess we will never know.

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

RTL is also uneffected by movement speed effects like cripple and chill as well. Even when considering this, it doesn’t really justify a 40s CD if it misses, gets dodged or blocked. The distance nerf and the 15s to 20s CD were pretty justifiable but the double CD on miss was pretty overkill… At the very least they need to get rid of that double CD mechanic when so many other classes can escape much better.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

I would be happy if they buff the range up to 1600 same cd on miss and all. because as it’s right now is not even a good gap closer how many time I’ve been out run by warriors and rangers.

I don’t find cd on miss really that bad because when people is running away they are most likely out of dodges or they give their backs so you will almost never miss. And as a general rule I don’t tend to rtl into peoples faces.

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

RTL is also uneffected by movement speed effects like cripple and chill as well. Even when considering this, it doesn’t really justify a 40s CD if it misses, gets dodged or blocked. The distance nerf and the 15s to 20s CD were pretty justifiable but the double CD on miss was pretty overkill… At the very least they need to get rid of that double CD mechanic when so many other classes can escape much better.

It may be unaffected by movement impairing effects, but then again so is warrior if he takes mobile strikes. And lets not forget their passive immunity to conditions anyway. You’ll never be able to chill, cripple, immobilze a warrior. RTL is also unaffected by swiftness while the other movement skills are, which makes their range far greater than that of RTL. So i’d say considering all that, a complete revert on the nerf is perfectly justifiable. I won’t settle for any less than its original stats unless they significantly increase the damage and make it unblockable. i wouldn’t be opposed to it also stunning on impact since they seem so hell bent on making it an attack move and not an escape move..

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

It may be unaffected by movement impairing effects, but then again so is warrior if he takes mobile strikes. And lets not forget their passive immunity to conditions anyway. You’ll never be able to chill, cripple, immobilze a warrior. RTL is also unaffected by swiftness while the other movement skills are, which makes their range far greater than that of RTL. So i’d say considering all that, a complete revert on the nerf is perfectly justifiable. I won’t settle for any less than its original stats unless they significantly increase the damage and make it unblockable. i wouldn’t be opposed to it also stunning on impact since they seem so hell bent on making it an attack move and not an escape move..

Ride the Lighting. Isn’t Lighting instant? The last time I checked it was.
To add onto your “They are hell bent on making it an attack move and not an escape move” I would suggest that the original Stats(or at least the CD) are restored, but instead of a follow your opponent till you hit them or max range an instant teleport to them. Not like lighting flash to where it ground targeting.
If you used RTL with no target you would teleport to the same spot. (Maybe i shouldn’t put this) Now for your counter argument of “Now I can’t run away”. As you turn and run you see a pretty little bunny(Ambient creatures) range:1200 away (don’t know whether its feet, meters, or whatever) now you can teleport that far away. The downside is if there are no pretty little bunnies (Ambient creatures) in sight and only non ambient creatures then that puts you back in combat there for running slower(this one is for Anet since they are hell bent on not giving us any wiggle room).

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

would very much like to see this skill with a 20 seconds cooldown again…. none of that 40 second CD if you miss nonsense.

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Ride the Lighting. Isn’t Lighting instant? The last time I checked it was.
To add onto your “They are hell bent on making it an attack move and not an escape move” I would suggest that the original Stats(or at least the CD) are restored, but instead of a follow your opponent till you hit them or max range an instant teleport to them. Not like lighting flash to where it ground targeting.
If you used RTL with no target you would teleport to the same spot. (Maybe i shouldn’t put this) Now for your counter argument of “Now I can’t run away”. As you turn and run you see a pretty little bunny(Ambient creatures) range:1200 away (don’t know whether its feet, meters, or whatever) now you can teleport that far away. The downside is if there are no pretty little bunnies (Ambient creatures) in sight and only non ambient creatures then that puts you back in combat there for running slower(this one is for Anet since they are hell bent on not giving us any wiggle room).

That would be a horrible change that no one would enjoy and would finally kill offhand dagger for me. I’m fine with just a complete revert on the unjustified nerf.

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Just going to throw out some facts. Here I will display some similar mobility skills which can be used for disengaging in sPvP and I would like some opinions and justification for this from players and if possible from a developer.

The justification is that the cooldown was too short compared to most of the ele’s offhand skills.

Yep, seriously, that’s what the devs said.

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

20 seconds fire grab please

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

Ride the lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

The justification is that the cooldown was too short compared to most of the ele’s offhand skills.

Yep, seriously, that’s what the devs said.

This is why I seriously think they need to lower the CD of those skills to more reasonable levels. 40-45 sec CDs is just stupid, even if we have 4 skill bars, so what? Engies get 1-4 skill bars with their kits (and they don’t really give up utilities, they still have the toolbelt even with kits) and they get both instant swapping and the normal CDs just like any other class has.