Runes of Strength?

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ItsAdamParker.5192

ItsAdamParker.5192

What are the thoughts on the Strength nerf? Was using them on my D/D ele but wanted to know if any of you will be switching because of the 2% dmg drop…just curious…

Adam Parker
FA – On Wednesdays We Wear [PINK]
Xysynra (Ele), Syranyx (Necro)

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

I’m sure I don’t stand alone in saying that this was only a matter of time, I don’t think much of anyone’s builds will change if they are already running this. Much as I was happy to see this rune-set get hit with the nerfbat, the change wasn’t so extreme as to get most people too stop playing it. Now if they had removed the damage w/ Might modifier, or taken away 10% of the might duration, then YES, we would see a shift.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ItsAdamParker.5192

ItsAdamParker.5192

Yeah, that’s kinda how I feel as well. It was inevitable.

Adam Parker
FA – On Wednesdays We Wear [PINK]
Xysynra (Ele), Syranyx (Necro)

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

the nerf was just minor and is still pretty much viable for elementalist

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Still a great option. For ele this moves hoelbrak and strength closer in WvW/PvP. For pve I would still go strength for optimal.

Honestly they would have to remove the modifier and drop the might duration to less then 30% for them to not be great on ele. At least it will stop complaining for a while and people that don’t understand the basic stats of this game(most of the people complaining) might be fooled to thinking some other runes are just as good.

It’s a minor nerf in WvW/PvP but still the best for Dps ele builds.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Really, the nerf was just so people panic and flood the market so they’re affordable now. Still a good rune set.

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I just know that if i get hit, i don t care much about 5 or 10 seconds of might.
The 2% nerf is the only i see.

So if they drop i m gettin some for my mesmer (i already have on ele and don t plan to change them).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Really, the nerf was just so people panic and flood the market so they’re affordable now. Still a good rune set.

Well, they are still very close to 15g… Yes they are affordable. But cheap? Hell no

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s a good change overall. Just sad that (again) it hits the ele harder than other professions. No profession is as might centric as a sigil of battle ele….

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Since i play mostly my PvE Elementalist as a S/X might stacker, I was looking to replace my scholar runes for some runes of strength for some times now (I was just waiting to finish my Ascended Armor before making the switch). But now, I don’t know. The DPS gap between Scholar and Strength is bigger now and my might stacking is still pretty good, even without Runes of Strength.

If I already had Strength I wouldn’t switch back to scholar, but right now I think i’ll stay with scholar.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Good point. I suppose it depends on how much extra might stacks you get from the rune, and on how many other players. If a might stack equals roughly 2% damage. then just 1 extra stack on your entire team should (theoretically) clear the gap. But it’s often not as simple as that. :-)

It’s a good thing that runes are a tough choice I suppose, but that doesn’t make it any easier.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

I still use it in wvw/pve contents. But for sPvP, I use pirates. It’s funnier and the bird is OP.

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Since i play mostly my PvE Elementalist as a S/X might stacker, I was looking to replace my scholar runes for some runes of strength for some times now (I was just waiting to finish my Ascended Armor before making the switch). But now, I don’t know. The DPS gap between Scholar and Strength is bigger now and my might stacking is still pretty good, even without Runes of Strength.

If I already had Strength I wouldn’t switch back to scholar, but right now I think i’ll stay with scholar.

I would still prefer Runes of Strength for high level fractals and with a bad pug where 1. Spike damage/condition/agony hit is sometimes unavoidable.
2. Fights last longer than the might duration from pre-stacking.
3. Situation calls for swapping to either D/F or Staff, which provides less might stacks.

Scholar is the best choice, I have both Scholar and Strength sets. Also, Sigil of Strength is very very nice to have in the open world PvE.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Runes of Strength?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya they are both really good runes. Those two reached a really good balance point where you can go both way depending on what you want to concentrate the most. Which is a good thing that a lot of runes lack in PvE.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD