S/D Ele with Lightning Rod [Vid]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maesto.9103

Maesto.9103

Tried since the Patch a Lightning Rod Zerkerbuild. High Burst when chaining the Cc’s with the normal Burstskills.. . In my Opinion Lightning Rod Hits maybe a bit too hard (with no Icd).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArYhcMovhdOwnB8RMQAYRBIAEEnewPIIIXgOwQE-TVSDwARVac4BA8UZ2L1fWoEk3+Dg0DAwEkkTAApAgZYE-w

And i dont play S/D with Fresh Air, cause it can easily mess up the Attunments Cd’s. But depends on the Playstyle. Im happy with the Build right now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDr4Hn4Awvk

Fullcondition Builds are always a Problem, so i wont take more Clean for them.. just try to get them with Cc and Burst at the right Time.

Feedback is appreciated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Skill click and absolutely no blast finishes. Button mashing so pro.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

lunar go back to the ranger forums.

Personally i don’t feel as though lightning rod is that affective. You are trading off a lightning strike every few seconds (when they fix the icd of fresh air) which does almost as much damage as lightning rod. You have 2 skills that cause a knockdown both with a 30s or more cooldown

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Lighting rod is awesome with staff, with S/D it doesn’t add that much and you lose a lot by not using fresh air. Yes it hits hard (lol try to fear someone when using a ram :P ) but it’s also easy to miss hits on those skills, while you lose all the dmg you’d have with fresh air.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Silky.8574

Silky.8574

That’s something I never got, tbh. How is Lightning Rod even considered good? What skills does it proc on? Staff 3 in air, and that’s it for staff, right?

in Elementalist

Maesto.9103

Air 5, Earth 4 too. And both are Aoeskills. So no, its not useless with Staff.
What i like about it is, no Icd. You can arrange your Burst with Lr. And the Weakness as a Condition helps a lot too, with Blinds.

With Fresh Air i would be way more at Range and its to tempting to get fast back to Air because of the Lightning Strike( and to get Dmg you have to..) As i said before, can mess up the Attunementcds. More so if the Enemy evade/block it. Doesnt matter if by luck or Skill. Sure, can happen with Lr too. But i would not call it weak in a Zerkerbuild. But that’s just my opinion. Thats why i wanted Feedback to get more Data and Suggestions.

Never called it stronger or better than Fresh Air. And for me, its just boring as hell to not try something “new” or different.

Thanks for the Feedback.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Silky.8574

Silky.8574

I thought Earth 4 still had the bug that made the enemy dodge your LR proc?

in Elementalist

Maesto.9103

Hm.. didnt tried it again… And as things are right now, i bet its not fixed;).

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I think it’s damage is fine and it’s a godsend if you happen to run focus offhand since that weapon needs all the damage it can get. It’s lower base damage and scaling than Power block (mesmer damage on interrupt also with no ICD). The difference is you just have to land the interrupt skill for Elementalist, but the Mesmer skill needs the interrupt portion for the damage which isn’t that big a deal since they have access to more than we do.

If it hit jfor any less then fresh air and bolt to the heart would be the clear winner as it is right now you can’t really go wrong with any of those choices, which is how GM traits should be.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Lighting rod is awesome with staff, with S/D it doesn’t add that much and you lose a lot by not using fresh air. Yes it hits hard (lol try to fear someone when using a ram :P ) but it’s also easy to miss hits on those skills, while you lose all the dmg you’d have with fresh air.

Even on staff it’s pretty bad. Approx 1-2K proc on only 3 skills with 30-40sec CDs, none of which are guaranteed to land. especially in WVW.

The man reason to use it is burst, but even then fresh air is probably better.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Maesto.9103

1-2k proc? Maybe with Soldier Gear. With Zerker, depends on Toughness/Armor, i’m critting 3,5k to 5k.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

1-2k proc? Maybe with Soldier Gear. With Zerker, depends on Toughness/Armor, i’m critting 3,5k to 5k.

You are right. When I was trying lightning rod I was critting for around 3.5K when fighting a cele ele, so I imagine the damage is way higher if it’s a duel between to zerkers. However, I don’t think that it’s more damage than you would get from fresh air.

in Elementalist

Maesto.9103

As mentioned before, Lightning Rod is better for quick bursting.
Fresh Air will always dish out more dmg in long term.

I think i will try Fresh Air again and will see what i like more, or what suits me better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

lightning rod is rly nice on dd cele ele, but i would consider it only for wvw – for more burst and mobility (25% passive move speed) and tempest defence is so nice. Fire/earth are kings in pvp. And yep staff is the way to go.