S/F PVP

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Hey fellow Eles

So i was in PvP and was blown up by another ele running with S/F. I remarked at his damage output and asked what he was running. he said he runs 2 builds 6/0/0/4/4 and 6/6/0/0/2. With all the invulnerability reflect and stability he had the sustain was real! the second fight i downed him and he then blew me up while in down state. i did my best in build editor to try and match his build based on what i picked up on fighting him and what he told me.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArdhMM6bW4wnBf0ABAW4AwA4IKeFsBuhliDA-TJBFwAEeAA12foaZAAnAAA

Anyone else run a similar build that might be able to elaborate more?

PS. ik he was running earth signet bc that immob crushed me first fight.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Heya,

Standard 66002 is V, VIII, XIII in the fire line, though lava tomb can compete with burning precision. Other traits are correct. Utilities are pretty much always arcane shield and lightning flash and a third that varies. Most popular options for this slot are arcane blast, mist form, ice bow, signet of earth, arcane wave. Each has their own merit.

Signet vs ether is debatable, but I vastly prefer signet on 66002. You’re so glass that ether is not worth channeling most of the time.

Not sure what you need elaboration on? I’ll answer any questions

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

or if you’re a burst junkie: 25 30 10 0 5

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

What do you mean that lava tomb competes with burning precision? wouldn’t it just trigger it when someone comes to stomp? I only ask bc what this guy did when i got him down was mist form and move to where i was. when he did it dropped the tomb right on top of me, that plus his down state auto got me from almost 7k hp to down state before i was 70% done with my stomp. I also run pretty glassy but still his down state damage was out of control!

~Glitch

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

What do you mean that lava tomb competes with burning precision?

He means you can’t skill both.
You can select three traits in the fire line, #8 and #12 are both stronger, so this leaves the first column open: #4 ‘Burning Precision’ or #1 ‘Lava Tomb’.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

highest full kitten burst build is 0/30/25/10/5
s/d
scholar runes
sigil of force
doom

BECOME UNSTOPPABLE
or until anything sneezes on you

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

highest full kitten burst build is 0/30/25/10/5
s/d
scholar runes
sigil of force
doom

BECOME UNSTOPPABLE
or until anything sneezes on you

Are you using stone splinters with this build and trying to stay within 600 range? also using all possible damage mods?

~Glitch

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

Ya, he’s referring to the initial burst which is point blank range, also ideally with:
-full hp
-full stamina
-swap to air before phoenix lands so you get the damage bonus for being in air and fury from swapping

S/F PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Yup that build has a ton of burst.

The down side is it has extremely low survivability for an elementalist build unless your very very careful with your cool downs.

Also if you get focused by several enemy players your likely to get melted.

But in hot join it’s very fun for blowing people up.