S/F ele is "High Mobility"?

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

So Anet created “default builds” for every profession in pvp. For eles, our two builds are:

#: Healbot ele (the only truly “viable” build): Described as “Support, utility, high sustain.” This is reasonable.

#: S/F ele, described as “High Physical Damage, High Mobility”

This build is Air(2,2,2), water (1,1,1), arcana (2,3,1) with SoR, mistform, lightning flash, arcane shield, and fgs. I won’t go into the fact that water isn’t exaclty the best pick for s/f ele.

So…I guess we can give up on ever getting decent mobility, if ANet thinks this build has both high damage and high mobility. S/F ele has one of the worst map mobility capabilities (which would kill its viability even if it was good damage/survivability ratio), and only decent kiting ability thanks to super-speed on swaps.

Can we at least be honest, and call it “Decent burst, low mobility” or “Decent burst, free kill, DO NOT USE”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

agreed …. I nearly exclusively play scepter ele and it is low mobility…. Make FSG 60sec CD, or RTL like druid then we can talk again about mobility …
The build is a free and nearly instant kill, especially when used by a beginner …
Still not the worst build ….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

They needed to make some fake tags, to make the build even remotely look viable xD Maybe they’ll buff Shatterstone next update and give the build “tons of damage” tag. Who knows.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Be happy that at least they know that sf fresh air Ele exist.

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: strong and brave.5718

strong and brave.5718

Honestly when i saw the tags on this default build I was expecting it to reroll me to rev when I loaded it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I’m mildly amused that their recommended builds are finally good. Rest in peace accuracy sigil lyssa runes S/D ele. Their S/F template is nearly identical to what I run, save the water line.

On a more serious note, S/F ele is among the highest in combat mobility with superspeed, and only loses to thief with fgs out. I’d say high mobility isn’t too bad a tag.

With rev port nerfs, thief is the only thing that’s substantially faster. Portal is arguably not really a mobility skill.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I’m mildly amused that their recommended builds are finally good. Rest in peace accuracy sigil lyssa runes S/D ele. Their S/F template is nearly identical to what I run, save the water line.

On a more serious note, S/F ele is among the highest in combat mobility with superspeed, and only loses to thief with fgs out. I’d say high mobility isn’t too bad a tag.

With rev port nerfs, thief is the only thing that’s substantially faster. Portal is arguably not really a mobility skill.

True, but you need constant fresh air procs for that. And most people think of teef flying through the map when they see the word “mobility”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

True, but you need constant fresh air procs for that. And most people think of teef flying through the map when they see the word “mobility”.

And that is the kind of mobility that matters when playing a build whose role is: “+1 and spike down targets.” To be useful to your team, you have to have high map mobility to get to the right fights, be able to quickly finish a fight, and get to the next fight (so that your team isn’t suffering from an extended out-numbered situation because you decided to +1 somewhere).

In-fight mobility only matters for how well you can kite, and something like mesmer already does that better (while having lower-CD burst), and even burst mesmer isn’t viable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

My wording was a little bad. Out of combat mobility with fgs out is still really good. Granted it has a long cooldown, but it’s often there when you need it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s far from the madness that’s a thief right now, but I’d put it in second or third place.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

In WvW FSG is still good. In PvP nope to high CD. (Agree for base ele an option)
But even WvW you get cought with it out very often.
and yes if you look at in combat mobility FA superspeed is high….
Still the build is suicidal and has low to average map mobility. Definitly not for beginners.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)