SOTG (needed a longer title)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Just got on to hear that RTL is being nerfed yet again, 20 second if used & don`t hit anything, 40 seconds if you hit something. Really hope I heard this wrong as is one of the most kitten things they`ve said to date.

Which reminds me…

Mist form, you can no longer use your heal.

Feck my old boots.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

Just got on to hear that RTL is being nerfed yet again, 20 second if used & don`t hit anything, 40 seconds if you hit something. Really hope I heard this wrong as is one of the most kitten things they`ve said to date.

Which reminds me…

Feck my old boots.

Oh dear—if true. Where did you hear this?

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Which reminds me…

Feck my old boots.

Oh dear—if true. Where did you hear this?

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/old

They`re still live now

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

It’s true and will effect all aspects of the game.

40 second cooldown on RTL if no target is hit.

The Warrior, with 8000 more health and 200 more armor has more mobility than an Elementalist. One hand sword has a 600 range leap on a 8 second cooldown. The Greatsword Whirlwind is a 450 range on a 10 second cooldown.

A warrior can leap 1050 range every 10 seconds.
Giving the Warrior 4200 range in 40 seconds.

I would like to congratulate the developers on their ineptness.

in Elementalist

Posted by: T K.5173

T K.5173

Did the buff any of other skill/traits, or was it all nerfs? Please tell me they gave ele’s other build options.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

It’s true and will effect all aspects of the game.

40 second cooldown on RTL if no target is hit.

The Warrior, with 8000 more health and 200 more armor has more mobility than an Elementalist. One hand sword has a 600 range leap on a 8 second cooldown. The Greatsword Whirlwind is a 450 range on a 10 second cooldown.

A warrior can leap 1050 range every 10 seconds.
Giving the Warrior 4200 range in 40 seconds.

I would like to congratulate the developers on their ineptness.

They really do flabbergast me all of the time.
I made a Ranger recently (mainly because I get sick of being melee or range, not both) & using Bow/Greatsword I can out run Elementalists a hell of a lot easier, 1100 range every twelve seconds, as it stands now, next change Ele` may as well bend over & say hi :$

Thief can out do us even more so.

I just don`t get where they have had their head stuck all of this time…

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Did the buff any of other skill/traits, or was it all nerfs? Please tell me they gave ele’s other build options.

Only buff I heard was lightning cast weapon will have a slight increase of its time doing damage, AoE I think it meant.

in Elementalist

Calae.1738

You wanna laugh?

A Mesmer has more mobility than an Elementlist now. You can trait blink to 1200 range every 24 seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Miz.2761

Miz.2761

Hey, what can you say, people got really upset because an Ele was capable of running away from them. Good thing they will of course compensate by taking a look at our myriad of useless utilities, traits, or staff & focus skills.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

You wanna laugh?

A Mesmer has more mobility than an Elementlist now. You can trait blink to 1200 range every 24 seconds.

That combined with Mesmer can now cast moa whilst running, shorter cast & Moa running away range has been lowered….

LOLOLCRY

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Good thing they will of course compensate by taking a look at our myriad of useless utilities, traits, or staff & focus skills.

I know you are being sarcastic here

“Making more Ele builds viable” has been a catch phrase of Anet developers in SotG or forum posts ever since Ele bunkers “became” powerful and since then we got absolutely no buffs, serious enough to make any other build viable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Nerfing RTL range from current 1500 to 1200
Nerfing RTL cooldown from 20 to 40 if you don’t hit anything
Nerfing mist form so you can’t use any abilities
Nerfing Cleansing Water with a 5 second internal cooldown (because eles spam 90 second cooldown cantrips!)
Nerfing Signet of Restoration healing

I don’t know. I’ve been playing an ele as glassy as I consider viable, and they just keep taking a dump on my chest every patch. I refuse to play bunker, so I may just be done.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

is it me or just elementalist became a worst roamer in wvw/pveland than mesmer spaming phase retreat and traited blink by a long shot?
Theres no 1200 range IN THE GAME with such a big cd as 40 sec.
Why cant they make it just being affected by slows like everything else??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

third time since I started playing that no new builds have become viable

so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEvhi2OlEY

in Elementalist

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Yeah too confused. Their nerfs hit other Ele builds that aren’t the kitten bunker that they hate so bad. Where is this supposed to be making other builds viable? I just see additional nerfs abound.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

+1 Chaosky.5276. xD

in Elementalist

Posted by: spl.3695

spl.3695

OK, so.. I think you guys at ANet are taking it a bit far. An ele has to give up a lot to get the said mobility and tankiness. They do not need nerfs. They need buffs, so that the “only viable” build won’t be a bunker D/D. I main an ele. I love the ele, without the ele – for me, again, personally – GW2 is 50% of the game it is. I’ve been running D/D since before it was the cool thing to do, since launch, and have kept quiet thru all the past nerfs, they were “sigh,.. I can deal” kind of nerfs.

I have killed, and been killed by any other class in the game – it’s all about the player behind the keyboard. If you know how to counter me, you can kill me easy. If I blow my CD’s without thinking, I’m toast. Playing a good ele has a relatively high skill ceiling. An ele without mobility is a dead ele (because of the inherent weaknesess of the profession). And the bunkering is there in the first place because it is a necessary evil with the profession in its’ current state – I would absolutely love to get rid of my pvt armor :P, but that’s kinda impossible.

In effect, this nerf is like saying “screw you eles, pick up a staff and be glasscannons hiding behind the zerg and hope noone plinks at you, or you die” – that’s what it looks like to me.

And yeah, sure, I can grab my warrior or guardian and go pwn while hitting 4-5 keys with 50% less risk and 200% the dps, but, to me – that’s just not that fun. For me personally, the RTL nerf is kinda a gamebreaker – in the “I really don’t know if I want to play GW2 anymore because of the constant amount of bad balancing decisions” way – it’s really overdoing it. Also, what does “hit anything” mean? A tree? A slope in the terrain? Other players? A rock? *woops edited, I managed to misread that one. Rest of it still stands tho, even more now that I read it properly.

The mist form thing, idk, I guess I could deal (tho it’s not a good idea at all).

OK,… I have a bunch more things I could write, but I’m kinda trying to write a reasonable post (and not a novel :P) and am sleepy, so I’ll refrain and ask nicely if anyone from ANet reads this – please, don’t do it this way. Take a better look at the ele and its weaknesess, and buff that. That’s how you’ll get rid of that problem and make other builds viable, not this way which will “kinda” infuriate most of us that really love playing a D/D ele and find it the funnest class in the game to play.

(edited by spl.3695)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

is it me or just elementalist became a worst roamer in wvw/pveland than mesmer spaming phase retreat and traited blink by a long shot?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge's_Intervention

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Funny thing is… as painful as these nerfs are, technically the only thing that directly affects offhand dagger is the RTL nerf… which since there’s no staff or focus buffs still makes it superior to other offhand weapons.

Meanwhile, all other nerfs affect everyone! And with the next balance patch being 2 months away, means that we’re stuck with having kitten everything for a while.

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge's_Intervention

haha try again.
Hint :Your example break stun,is instant,burns.I mean 1200 range charge like ability not teleport or wahtever.
On the other hand the leap ability on gs alone of guardian makes him travel faster than an ele using rtl.

in Elementalist

Chaosky.5276

Honestly, all this patch means for me is that my ‘Zerker s/d ele is a lot worse off. Come to think of it, even if I switch back to Valk/’Zerk, getting close enough to use my fire skills could be a bit of a pain, too.
Also, what happens if enemies dodge RtL? Do we still get the 40s cooldown?

Blargh.

(edited by Chaosky.5276)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

I can’t watch the video now, but I have a question: are the RtL and Mist Form nerfs supposed to affect only sPvP or are they “global”?

in Elementalist

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

I can’t watch the video now, but I have a question: are the RtL and Mist Form nerfs supposed to affect only sPvP or are they “global”?

Major mechanical changes tend to be all game types.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

I`m going to rewatch, once I`ve calmed down, but from what I heard it is global.

Btw, also forgot, Thiefs…. Mug doesn`t (allegedly) crit any more, it just heals them & steals all of your boons.

R.I.P. Ele`…

in Elementalist

Mik Hell.8206

All right so they probably will be global.

Well I will wait untill the changes go live and then see how bad the situation will be

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

I`m going to rewatch, once I`ve calmed down, but from what I heard it is global.

Btw, also forgot, Thiefs…. Mug doesn`t (allegedly) crit any more, it just heals them & steals all of your boons.

R.I.P. Ele`…

Edit: Not just heals you can`t use in mist form, you cannot use any utility skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

So glad I’m not using any of those skills.

But yeah, it does seem unfair that RTL is the only skill to get said nerf. Why is running away with similar skills on other professions ok, but on an ele it’s a problem?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

spl.3695

R.I.P. Ele`…

Certainly looks that way.

Gonna have to put my redheaded witch in storage.. if I get over it..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Trebuchet blocking is also being nerfed, they talk about it in the guardian section and say it will affect swirling winds as well. About an hour in.

Glad I gave up on crafting a pretty one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

I would reroll, but I don’t want to level another class to 80 again.

I want to love the Elementalist, really, I do. But it just isn’t fun anymore.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

in Elementalist

Kirbyprime.2645

I don’t agree with nerfing swirling winds but I don’t care too much either. It affects the server effort rather than eles anyways, plus if it’s only treb shots it wouldn’t matter for zerg gate fights where it’s less likely to have a treb going down on you anyways.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I don’t play ele and I’m glad that RTL was “fixed” for 1200 range (1500 was too much) but 40 seconds CD if you don’t hit a target is just too much in my opinion.
Well you can bring it down to 16/32 seconds but still especially with the range being fixed ele will be slower for roaming than ranger/warrior/thief by quite a bit.

I’m really sorry for you guys and I hope that they will reduce the 40 seconds to maybe 25 seconds max or something like that. The 1200 range change (which was needed) alone will reduce mobility alot because ele can’t automatically get out of attack range any more.

in Elementalist

Calae.1738

I’m really sorry for you guys and I hope that they will reduce the 40 seconds to maybe 25 seconds max or something like that. The 1200 range change (which was needed) alone will reduce mobility alot because ele can’t automatically get out of attack range any more.

I had a feeling the developers would do something this stupid. Luckly I have enough money saved up to start a new class.

in Elementalist

Mik Hell.8206

Also, what happens if enemies dodge RtL? Do we still get the 40s cooldown?

This.

Also does RtL bug as often as it used to?

If it does then it wont only be a stun for 2 seconds, it will also trigger the full 40s cd.

I’m asking because i’ve been away from the game for a couple of months, in the past two weeks I’ve been levelling a Ranger, but the Elementalist is calling me :O

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

Their words were “when it hits something”..do you hit something when you do no damage nor apply any effect to it?

in Elementalist

Kirbyprime.2645

Though just making sure… we just lost our mobility crown and our condition removal crown… we lost some of our healing which was never the best, anything else I’m missing?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Legend.6941

Legend.6941

I’m very disappointed. And I’m saying it as a person who plays on multiple toons, and ele as my secondary character (guard and war comes first).

Anet is hitting ele too hard with both range and timer for RTL. I can understand the range, but definitely not the timer. They’re granting ele with much less mobility now than almost all other classes. Last I checked they’re a light armor class that needs to be able to get out of bad situations because of their survivability to keep a balance. My war is going to faceroll ele’s now and then people are going to complain about zerkers being even more “OP”. It’s not OP. It’s classes being way off balanced. Keep nerfing and people will stop enjoying. Guild wars was originally all about different builds @endgame. Now it’s definitely not the case anymore.

Buff to balance.

in Elementalist

Kirbyprime.2645

Their words were “when it hits something”..do you hit something when you do no damage nor apply any effect to it?

Someone in the video asked, at least the answer for Aegis was that it counted as still hitting them only that it was blocked… I assume that evade would work the same way, it “hit” but was evaded.

in Elementalist

spl.3695

Also does RtL bug as often as it used to?

Yea, it still often bugs out unfortunatly.

in Elementalist

Mik Hell.8206

Someone in the video asked, at least the answer for Aegis was that it counted as still hitting them only that it was blocked… I assume that evade would work the same way, it “hit” but was evaded.

As I said I cant watch the video right now, I might as well wait untill I get home, thanks for pointing it out.

@spl. I am going to be a very sad panda (more mad tbh) if that happens in pvp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Trebuchet blocking is also being nerfed, they talk about it in the guardian section and say it will affect swirling winds as well. About an hour in.

Glad I gave up on crafting a pretty one.

Thank god. I’ve been wanting to vendor my focus for months. At least there’s some good news here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

Cant even use RTL to chase now.
Ele: Use RTL
Other: let’s see. I will use Swoop, Whirling Blade, Blink, Shadow Step, I.Arrow, Rush, Rocket Boot, Leap,…
Ele: I miss…:(
Other: don’t worry RTL travel further…oh wait! It has 20s CD which is only a little longer…oh wait!
Hmmmm

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Ah kitten, just had a thought.
So if we get stunned,immobilised, buggy grounded etc mid RTL, that will also stick us with a 40s CD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

I still don’t get why they don’t realise that they are making critical hits on the non bunkerish eles every patch thus kinda force us more into bunkering…
They just take and take and don’t give anything in return…
Or am I seeing this wrong

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

I still don’t get why they don’t realise that they are making critical hits on the non bunkerish eles every patch thus kinda force us more into bunkering…

You’re seeing it wrong. The goal is to take the Cantrip Ele build down a notch while also buffing other builds. They mentioned buffing Staff, but none of the interviewers were very interested in that so ANet didn’t talk about it much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

You’re seeing it wrong. The goal is to take the Cantrip Ele build down a notch while also buffing other builds. They mentioned buffing Staff, but none of the interviewers were very interested in that so ANet didn’t talk about it much.

No, they were actually specifically asked about the Staff from one of the interviewers and they gave a very ambiguous, non-committal answer making it seem like they kind knew the Staff was weak but didn’t do anything about it this patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

So nerfing the only mobility skill for S/D and forcing people to take Lighting Flash as a replacement is a way to nerf Cantrip Ele? Hmm… I see

in Elementalist

Chaosky.5276

You’re seeing it wrong. The goal is to take the Cantrip Ele build down a notch while also buffing other builds.

Yet they’re nerfing offensive builds more than defensive builds. They’re giving eles fewer options to recuperate in combat, thus providing even more incentive to take more Cantrips and Healing Power.

Frankly, elementalists need an improvement to base defense, because the class relies too much on healing and Cantrips as-is. THEN the devs could do things like reducing our healing and condition removal capability, which is the real problem.

(edited by Chaosky.5276)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

You’re seeing it wrong. The goal is to take the Cantrip Ele build down a notch while also buffing other builds.

Yet they’re nerfing offensive builds more than defensive builds. They’re giving eles fewer options to recuperate in combat, thus providing even more incentive to take more Cantrips and Healing Power.

Their goal is to knock Cantrip Eles down, so they say. Their changes make sense from that point of view except for one thing.

D/D Cantrips is an incredibly strong build.

The other fairly strong builds on Ele are….

Well, there’s….

Oh, yeah! There’s…No, wait….

Yeah…

So, they’re nerfing an OP build and buffing very little. D/D Cantrips needs to be nerfed. It’s obvious to nearly everyone. But the fact that there’s really nothing else that Ele excels at is one reason I quit playing it months ago. I tried the Cantrips build, found out it was amazing, realized that there weren’t any other great builds that I liked, and rolled a Necro and Guardian.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Engis will keep one of their tears for you Eles.

no tears from me, I am all smile

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer