*SPVP Video* Hybrid D/D -Tanky/Moderate Burst

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Title now more appropriate

I was trying to tell my friends how much better ele gameplay is now that RTL is fixed and they just didn’t seem to get it…So I had to record it.

This is the funnest class I have ever played in any MMO. GOD I hope they don’t change anything with D/D…well except lightning whip still seems to miss a lot.

while I was recording there were quite a few good necros on the server, thats why you see so many. I noticed in the video I need to keep a better eye on updraft cooldown.. there were lots of times I could of used it but didn’t realize it was up, other than that I think I played pretty well.

Hope you enjoy!

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

(edited by Rhoto.8791)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

erm – RTL isnt fixed it STILL bugs out.

in Elementalist

Rhoto.8791

Seems to work fine for me atleast 90% of the time

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Seems to work fine for me atleast 90% of the time

it bugs out ALOT for me, especially in dungeons and when they say “fixed” i would assume for it to be fixed not to work 90% of the time :/

in Elementalist

Rhoto.8791

Bah .. the video is blocked, I will Edit once I get it working
*Edit – works now

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]

(edited by Rhoto.8791)

in Elementalist

Posted by: KieronWolf.5108

KieronWolf.5108

RTL is fine for me now as well. Magnetic grasp seems like it has gotten worse though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Siv.4351

Siv.4351

Appreciate the effort they put into trying to fix RtL, but yeah, it still bugs out here and there. I’ve thankfully not been self-CC’d on the spot, RtL simply travels through my target and I explode a few feet behind them. No explosion damage, updraft combo is almost guaranteed to miss without some fancy footwork to reposition.

Magnetic Grasp is all sorts of broken still, to the point where It’d be a good idea for a dev to double-check if the said changes to the skill actually made it to live.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

The burst was far from crazy. Rather low actually, except the occasional Churning Earth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: I AM.2186

I AM.2186

Is this a recent vid? I thought the churning earth blast finisher didn’t work anymore. I see it used in this vid.

Salvo – Ranger – SoS
Shiver Me Timbers – Elementalist – SoS

in Elementalist

Rhoto.8791

Well.. more burst than what most eles are used to seeing. Just the air attunement swap + RTL can be about a 5k burst if lightning whip actually hits. The crazy part is the survivability while being able to burst. Most DPS ele builds die in seconds, especially against more than 1 enemy

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

The tracking that RTL does is pretty cool. goes around corners.
i have actually been RTL’ing to a downed character who them moved to a new location midflight and RTL corrected itself dramatically.
at least thats what it looked like.

video was not bad. the use of that healing skill.. i have never used it past findingout it was channeled. But it makes more sense now seeing it in action. i use the others basically the same way.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Speaking of RtL being bugged, Magnetic Grasp bugs out in PvE for me. My character gets stuck at the end of the animation half the time. Very annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

in Elementalist

Rhoto.8791

Is this a recent vid? I thought the churning earth blast finisher didn’t work anymore. I see it used in this vid.

This is post patch.. the blast finisher does work on churning earth as long as it begins the cast in the field, you don’t get the buff till it finishes the cast though. The churning earth from EA is NOT a blast finisher any more.

@ Chesire
yes Magnetic Grasp is still very bugged, you see in the video several times where I CC myself using it.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]

(edited by Rhoto.8791)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Use your Auras when you’re cycling through attunements. You leave them off cooldown for considerable amounts of time which is just a waste when they’re instant casts.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

RTL is even more unreliable for me after the patch – it overshoots its target constantly, leaving my d/d else way out of position.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I watched about 1/3 of the vid. I’m really confused where the burst is? You spend the whole time trying to kill a bunker Necro and he never even dropped below 1/3. This is with other people helping you…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I watched about 1/3 of the vid. I’m really confused where the burst is? You spend the whole time trying to kill a bunker Necro and he never even dropped below 1/3. This is with other people helping you…

Yeah, I’m not seeing why this level of damage is all that notable, tbh…

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Rhoto.8791

@Intigo
I usually do try to hit each each aura as I cycle through attunements, I ALWAYs hit shocking aura either while I stay in air or right before I switch out.. Frost aura is the one that sometimes I just switch out of water before it gets casted.. usually because I’m still finishing water 2 while I press water 4 then switch, but you’re right I do need spend some attention making sure it casts.

@Mogar and Blaine
As I said earlier its pretty bursty for an ele. There are other builds that can definitely provide more burst with arcane skills but they are not fun to play.. because you die FAST. This build has some burst with out sacrificing all your survivability. The burst shown in this video comes from 3 sources:
fire3 > fire4 > arcane wave – up to 8k burst
Air attunement proc >RTL > lightning whip – 5k burst
fire2 > dodge roll EA proc > fire5 – 5k burst
There are a lot of other combos you can do for some burst attacks but the ones listed above are unique to this build. Its true that alot of the fights in this vid were against tanky necros.. because when I was recording there were tons of them on the server. I will change the title to make it less misleading.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]