Sc / Dag not even Semi viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

I’m a fan of Sc/D but no matter what kind of build i run it’s always sub par compared to D/D ele and the burst from Sc is just out right inferior when compared to mesmer’s burst which they can pull it out almost instantly…

I have no idea whether is my build sucks or sc as a weapon is just not possible to be used in high level pvp or even in pvp at all.

my build is
marauder’s amulet – Pack Runes
Sc / D – Sigil of Air and Energy

Utilities – Lightning Flash / Arcane Bolt / Mist Form / FGS
Traits – Fire(1 -1 – 3) / Air(2 -2 -2) / Water(1 – 3 – 1)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahuyo.3079

Mahuyo.3079

not, that big of a pvper, my issue with scepter is that it is slow (and would always suggest to camp in air, unfortunately -.-). so pulling of any moves you have to have the surprise factor

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Well you have the burst damage from off hand dagger, but scepter was always out DPS’d by dagger main hand because of lightning whip. I don’t think scepter got worse in a vacuum, but it did because everyone else build allowed them to take more defensive stuff or more offensive stuff.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Scepter is fine if you play fresh air and act quickly. But i advise you to go scepter focus combo, where you can see the scepters power very well combined. For me it is strongee than dd ele, because dd feels boring to me. But all builds depend on your capability and love to play. Try evasive arcana+fresh air build.