Scepter vs Dagger M/H

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

New to the class. Been leveling mostly with D/D. It is a tad difficult but I want to keep repping it to try and get better.

Looking at Scepter though makes me at least pause a bit. At first glance it looks pretty good. I think the two biggest things I would miss from Dagger are Air 3 and Earth 3.

I like the idea of starting the fight at range then pulling off the dagger moves when the fight gets into melee.

Anyone use Scepter instead of dagger M/H ? …or have switched to or from Dagger to Scepter ? Reasons ?

Thanks

Edit : Interest is mostly for roaming WvW

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

(edited by Forzani.2584)

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I wish scepter had an aura. Then I’d feel great about switching between dagger and scepter mainhand.

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I made the switch to scepter some time ago for the extra range. Most of the best stuff about D/D is in the /D anyway, and scepter adds decent range. The abilities arent much to write home about but at least you can do damage without being right in the melee.

The reason I am considering going back to D/D is that when it tends to be longer range I usually just switch to staff anyway, and if I’m doing hit and run I want to hit a little harder. Also switching to aura share spec and shocking aura is the best.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tsubaki.2508

Tsubaki.2508

I made the switch from dagger to scepter because range is a benefit in most dungeons/pvp, and almost a necessity in wvw.

Choosing scepter over staff depends on your group and whether you want the longer range and a bit more aoe power.

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

The range in Pve is a big advantage imo to have a scepter. Once the battle has started, you can still get in close. Once in close, the combo field Ring of Fire can still be used with Dragons Tooth and Phoenix for area might and the aoe from the rest of the dagger skills are still awesome.

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

I have all weapons in my inventory and I switch them when the situation calls for it. Scepter is easier in WvWvW. I also just switch weapons for the change. There’s nothing more dull than running with the same spec all the time.

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

I use Scepter for PvE because I like to stack might, perma-swiftness isn’t as important as it is in PvP, it’s much easier to land your big damage attacks than in PvP, and it has higher damage on non-moving targets.

In PvP, Dagger is just more mobile and it’s easier to land its big damage attacks on non-cced moving targets.

If Scepter Earth 2 was an aura, I’d strongly consider using Scepter in PvP.

Scepter vs Dagger M/H

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I use scepter in CoE. Best advise I could give u when going against most of the alpha fights (the exception being Path 1 where d/d works better since the best strategy against the alpha is stacking next to his feet).