Self Sufficient PvE HoT map ele build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tiggers.3890

Tiggers.3890

My Ele is geared out in the “meta” DPS (all berserkers with scholar runes — and I have an all assasin’s set as well) for running dungeons and fractals. And while I can usually do just fine with this set up in HoT maps, it requires close attention because 1 or 2 hits can insta kill my squishy squishy ele. And I don’t necessarily want to be on my toes the entire time I’m on HoT maps grinding xps for masteries and such…

Now, I main Reaper and love how she can handle pretty much any situation in a HoT map including solo-ing most events, solo-ing HPs and most champions if needed due to innate tankiness + very nice AoE damage. Her playstyle is very forgiving as a result. I was wondering if tempest had an equivilent build? There has to be other viable options besides all zerker all the time!

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

In open pve you can work only around traits and utility skill.
For example you can take Scepter focus fresh air with Air/water/tempest to have more sussistain, a nice burst and a Pretty decent AoE damage from Air overload.
Slot lighing flash, armor of earth and arcane shield.
Even with low hp in berserker gear you can be immortal in open pve in this way without waste golds or token or mats for another gearset.
I fully explored all HoT maps in berserker gear swapping utilities and weapons on demand.

If you will still have problems you can always craft a full marauder set, and get marauder trinkets from Archievements.

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

When I play for fun in HoT or low fractals I switch to my healer gear and run an Auramancer Variant.
Magi stats (HEAL, vita, percision)
Rune of water
Air Line for Zepyrs Boon and Fresh Air
Water for Cleansing Waters or Powerful Aura
Tempest for Invigorating Torrents and Elemental Bastion or Imbued Melodies
Weapons: Situational Staff or D/H
Utility is up to preference, I run all shouts for the auras.
This provides a nice mix of everything, tho it lacks a bit of damage. if you keep your offensive trinkets it should be ok. Also it Provides very nice healing and cleansing for every ally hat happens to be nearby.

Edit: Fixed Trait Names

(edited by hornswroggle.8023)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

My Ele is geared out in the “meta” DPS (all berserkers with scholar runes — and I have an all assasin’s set as well) for running dungeons and fractals. And while I can usually do just fine with this set up in HoT maps, it requires close attention because 1 or 2 hits can insta kill my squishy squishy ele. And I don’t necessarily want to be on my toes the entire time I’m on HoT maps grinding xps for masteries and such…

Now, I main Reaper and love how she can handle pretty much any situation in a HoT map including solo-ing most events, solo-ing HPs and most champions if needed due to innate tankiness + very nice AoE damage. Her playstyle is very forgiving as a result. I was wondering if tempest had an equivilent build? There has to be other viable options besides all zerker all the time!

In hot there are a variety of builds you can use, you could always use a pet build as well, I hear a conjuration frostbow/light hammer build can do decent in hot to. Usually something like fire/water/air or arcane.

in Elementalist

Posted by: tomwcb.9713

tomwcb.9713

Assuming you have Tempest, I have found this works well:

Dagger / Warhorn Fresh Air (I like D/Wh – find the playstyle a bit more fun than Staff)

Air: Zephyr’s Boon, Aeromancer’s Training, Fresh Air (1,2,2)
Earth: Elemental Shielding, Geomancer’s Training, Diamond Skin (3,3,1)
Tempest: Unstable Conduit, Invigorating Torrents, Imbued Melodies. (3,2,1)

Skills are Wash the Pain Away, Feel the Burn, Aftershock, Flash-freeze, Glyph of Elementals.

This is really decent for both DPS and survival. It is all geared towards applying auras. You get auras passively as well as from overloads, and your 3 shouts all apply an aura as well. Each aura grants Protection, Regeneration, Swiftness and Fury – in my case this means in a typical fight I have these up permanently meaning 85% crit chance and 40% damage reduction.

Diamond Skin also passively removes conditions and you’ve got some resistance to crippled etc so you’re less likely to get bogged down. All the boons stack in duration loads, and Imbued Melodies gives you an extra 20% duration.

If you want to use Staff, I’d use exactly the same build, just swap Air for Fire and use Burning Precision, Pyromancer’s Training and Persisting Flames.

Hope that helps!

in Elementalist

Posted by: tomwcb.9713

tomwcb.9713

(oh – and I also run the meta Zerker armour, runes, sigils etc)

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I run full celestial with strength runes and staff. The build is Fire, Water, and Tempest. The aura’s are spec’d out for all the buffs (regen, protection, healz). For Fire I pick the “Gain Might when using a skill while attuned to fire” trait.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XC9XiNYCGOAcYiFBAjoLsEqCBBgCwDwt1GbztA-TxxHABD8AAWS5Xiq/MnSQAuAAas/gb6AAA-e

The damage is great — the survivability is great.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

(edited by juno.1840)