Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

I agree, but currently, i dont think Anet plan to nerf us again ^^
I think we’ll never get apologize, but they reallized how stupid they acted.

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I agree, but currently, i dont think Anet plan to nerf us again ^^
I think we’ll never get apologize, but they reallized how stupid they acted.

Are you sure abut that? Many use celestial trinkets or armor and that is about to get a nerf.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

annnd the meteor circle not to forget

anet would neeeeeveeeeeeeer nerf us

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Am i the only who isnt impresionned by this video ?
I mean, he/she only shows fight where his/her build is the rock against the cissor. What about condi-spec ? You dont show duel againt this kind of build cause you just cant do anything (or maybe you show this at the end, but i got tired before, anyway i bet 10gold you dont). I really hate this kind of video, where you “show off” THIS is the word cause you dont say a word about what owns you even if its just a matter of build, say it, cause here you’re just dishonest with the viewer (that why i say “showing off”).

I wont comment about your policy of “i’ll help in game not on the forum”, as i understand your point of view.

This is kind of what I was meaning in my comment. It seems he only included fights vs. players where his build was good or even at an advantage (and swapped utilities based on opponent even then), and, judging by the youtube comments, left out the ones where it wasn’t.

I don’t mean to say he isn’t good, you can tell from the video he is, but you don’t really display the skill you have by only showing fights where you have an even or better chance of winning.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

As a solo/duo roamer ele i’d be grateful seeing some fights against good thieves/condition/perplexity spammer engis/warriors as those are the fights which I find a bit of a nightmare.

The damage output from thieves just keeps me on the defensive the whole time, and the good ones never get caught in knockdowns and know when to stay stealthed, letting me waste offensive/defensive abilities. I even used to play a d/d thief, and never lost to eles, so i’m at a bit of a loss…

Perplexity engis just seem to be able to pew pew their way to keeping me stacked with connfusion+conditions as quick as I can clear them.

I end up at stalemates with warriors now (or a loss), I just can’t seem to out damage their regen. I beat a warrior yesterday who was using a non healing signet heal, the health actually went down and stayed down, the difference was just phenomenal.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Particularly liked the fight against the S/D ele. You blasted the trail of Burning Speed 3 times and boosted your might to deliver a single, deadly burst. Never thought about that (even if I pretty much suck in dueling as an Ele)

The two thieves in the beginning should be ashamed though. I don’t know your armor (even if I assume it’s around 2,4-2,5k), but with your health pool it wouldn’t be difficult for 2 thieves to coordinate their burst on an ele. I do that all the time when I play thief with other thieves

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

hmm well let me make something clear
i made this video off the fights i had in obsidian sanctum over the week, condi classes were lacking. not really my fault
i dont where my build had an advantage vs what i was fighting, just because it didnt include fighting necros doesnt really mean much. i think i only fought 1 necro throughout the week. so from my understanding you guys want to see duels vs necros condi mesmers and perplex engis? il keep that in mind
people wanted me to make solo content and here it is.
im on tc and we are red for the week so if any of you want to duel im only a whisper away

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I mean, he/she only shows fight where his/her build is the rock against the cissor. What about condi-spec ? You dont show duel againt this kind of build cause you just cant do anything (or maybe you show this at the end, but i got tired before, anyway i bet 10gold you dont). I really hate this kind of video, where you “show off” THIS is the word cause you dont say a word about what owns you even if its just a matter of build, say it, cause here you’re just dishonest with the viewer (that why i say “showing off”).

I wont comment about your policy of “i’ll help in game not on the forum”, as i understand your point of view.

I don’t understand why someone that posts a dueling video has to justify posting it. If you don’t like it don’t watch and nobody told you to believe everything you see on T.V. either. It’s just like any montage.

He did fight a zerk shatter mesmer which are rare these days but will roll a D/D Ele. I don’t expect a Ele to post a video vs hambow because even if the Ele does win it’s going to take about 5 minutes anyway I don’t want to watch that.

Lets say Serane did post vs a P/D perplexity thief, a condition necro, a hambow warrior or any warrior build for that matter, a PU condi mesmer though he does have a vid against a phantasm mesmer. If he won all of those in his duels the naysayers would jump in and say “OMG they where bad they didn’t do X,Y, and Z when you did A,B, and C.” It’s lose lose just enjoy the dueling video it’s the same concept as a roaming video.

If you consider yourself a good player and find yourself in a 1vX where you are apart of X do you think you are going to kill the enemy or find yourself getting rolled in a montage? If you are a good player you aren’t going to get 1vX’d these videos are made for entertainment nothing more.

The people that say that Serane is really good have dueled Serane. It’s not like we haven’t fought him before FYI his guild moves servers all the time like seriously all the time for GvG purposes.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would rather see a video that wasnt just Mesmers and Eles (oh and an engi) in a 13minute fight. Fights against Various Warrior builds would be interesting to see, especially Spamhammer happy ones.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

hmm well let me make something clear
i made this video off the fights i had in obsidian sanctum over the week, condi classes were lacking. not really my fault
i dont where my build had an advantage vs what i was fighting, just because it didnt include fighting necros doesnt really mean much. i think i only fought 1 necro throughout the week. so from my understanding you guys want to see duels vs necros condi mesmers and perplex engis? il keep that in mind
people wanted me to make solo content and here it is.
im on tc and we are red for the week so if any of you want to duel im only a whisper away

Don’t worry about all of the flamers, people will always pick apart your stuff no matter how good you do.
Personally I would like to see some fights with some of the more unfavorable matchups though (heavy condi, some of the OP warrior builds, good thieves), just so I can figure out how to deal with them myself

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

Intigo all the way.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

There are some sad haters in this thread, oZii.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Lol, they won’t nerf Ele by looking at someones build. They nerf it when people make videos with easy ownage. So don’t worry, nothing here is getting needed, with build or without. That video doesn’t show anything op.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skrill.6170

Skrill.6170

Nice video!
But still… I’ll call you good, if you actually beat a build, that is hard to beat for you..
(And a player who’s really good, and not mediocre or less like in this video)

Still, Thanks for the video!

cheers

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Nice video!

You’re not very good. You could be good! But you’re not.

Still, Thanks for the video!

cheers

Do people even read what they post before they post it?

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

I dont critisize the skill play level, i just critisize the video. Looking at this video, there is no way to tell if he is good, cause all this fight were easy win due to the rock paper cissor.

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

I mean, he/she only shows fight where his/her build is the rock against the cissor. What about condi-spec ?

I am never impressed by ele videos. No, not even the few ones I record. Though, I’m not impressed because of things the op did. I doesn’t matter what he fought when he’s not really thinking about what he’s doing.

The op uses “combos” and cc without thought or purpose. The op uses updraft and earthquake within a few seconds of each other at one point. The enemy wasn’t using a key skill that would have screwed them had it been interrupted, and to top it off both skills miss. He tries to updraft a mesmer well after he uses stealth. He earthquakes a mesmer while it is in the middle of blurred frenzy. He may have been trying to time it for right when the evade ends, but he wasn’t close.

I’m not trolling or trying to start anything. I just didn’t see anything particularly skillful or entertaining.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

Those of us active in the PvP ele community know who’s good and who’s not, no need to argue among ourselves.

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I mean, he/she only shows fight where his/her build is the rock against the cissor. What about condi-spec ?

I am never impressed by ele videos. No, not even the few ones I record. Though, I’m not impressed because of things the op did. I doesn’t matter what he fought when he’s not really thinking about what he’s doing.

The op uses “combos” and cc without thought or purpose. The op uses updraft and earthquake within a few seconds of each other at one point. The enemy wasn’t using a key skill that would have screwed them had it been interrupted, and to top it off both skills miss. He tries to updraft a mesmer well after he uses stealth. He earthquakes a mesmer while it is in the middle of blurred frenzy. He may have been trying to time it for right when the evade ends, but he wasn’t close.

I’m not trolling or trying to start anything. I just didn’t see anything particularly skillful or entertaining.

The purpose behind his combo is to bring his opponent hp down. There’s no reason to make it more complex than that in 1v1 unless you are mostly/full bunker that just cares about being a punching bag during the duel. What’s wrong with a updraft within a few seconds after earthquake? If your opponent doesn’t break the first stun and it is about to come back up, you want to keep him at that knocked down state. When I used to play d/d and s/d I used to cast earthquake to prevent the Mesmer to start frenzy. Sometimes it was successful, sometimes it failed. Many that condemn Serane based on this video haven’t encounter him yet. If you do I’m sure he will be victorious unless you outnumber him.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Those of us active in the PvP ele community know who’s good and who’s not, no need to argue among ourselves.

I have encountered many that considered themselves good in spvp are actually very amateur when they step up to WvW solo roaming.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

I have encountered many that considered themselves good in spvp are actually very amateur when they step up to WvW solo roaming.

Should have specified PvP in general, whether it be dueling in OS, solo roaming, GvGs or sPvP.

Sure, they’re different – but if you’re good at killing in one form it’s likely to translate to the others.

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Tei.1704

The purpose behind his combo is to bring his opponent hp down. There’s no reason to make it more complex than that in 1v1 unless you are mostly/full bunker that just cares about being a punching bag during the duel. What’s wrong with a updraft within a few seconds after earthquake? If your opponent doesn’t break the first stun and it is about to come back up, you want to keep him at that knocked down state. When I used to play d/d and s/d I used to cast earthquake to prevent the Mesmer to start frenzy. Sometimes it was successful, sometimes it failed. Many that condemn Serane based on this video haven’t encounter him yet. If you do I’m sure he will be victorious unless you outnumber him.

I know the purpose behind it, but you have plenty of skills that can just get somebody low. There are only 2 skills that interrupt somebody on demand. If you just want to get some damage in, you might as well run at them with lightning whip or use burning speed. If you really want to hold them in place first, you can use magnetic grasp.

My point was that the skills were frequently wasted without doing anything. He wasn’t keeping a guy locked down. He was simply reacting slowly and poorly to what was going on. There isn’t anything wrong with using updraft and earthquake shortly after each other in principle. The issue was the specific time that it was used in.

I’m not trying to make it complicated. It’s really common sense that when your strong skills take a long time to recharge you shouldn’t squander them.

It’s perfectly fair to condemn someone based on a video they post. He took the time to pick these fights and edit them together. He posted a link to the video here. It’s fairly safe to say he takes some amount of pride in it. It may not be his best, but it’s fair to assume he’s at least showing how he usually plays. I don’t have to fight the guy to have valid critiques. I’m not even saying he is definitely bad. His video is just unimpressive.

I win the majority of fights where I’m not outnumbered too. That just proves being above average. Actually, it doesn’t even prove being above average in wvw because of consumables, guard stacks, gear differences and the complete lack of wvw 1v1 balance. Duels in wvw are such a joke that explicitly looking for duels just comes off as ego stroking to me.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

This story about “those of us who are top in ele class know each other” is making you look bad.Who made you the top,seriously?Unless there is an official system that can make pick apart the best of the best i don’t see why you self-claim to be one of the best.Last thing we need now is elitism.
And the fact that you are trying to defend one of your “own” doesn’t make you look any better.You asked for the kittenstorm of critisism when you claimed to be one of the best anyway.
Accept it and move on.Since you are so mighty a lil critisism from people that don’t know what they are talking about is nothing for you.

Truth be told and i am REALLY trying to be constructive here,is that the video is not something new neither is something spectacular when it comes to skill use(i ve said it again in a previous post).He is a good elementalist,he knows his class.

and there is no papper/scissor/stone.The hardcounters in this game are very few and for specific builds and circumstances.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

People can criticize us all they want.. But those who criticize each other have never fought each other.

We who have a large network of eles to keep in touch with have a basic understanding of who is top dog. That doesn’t mean a silent roamer couldn’t be better than the rest of us combined, but most of us duel each other to keep our skills sharp.

I’ll just add: prepare to eat your socks if you think this build doesn’t fight condi classes well. It’s only super weak to fear spamming necros. You’ll see.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Serane no1 ele.

Everyone’s allowed to criticize. I can vouch for his play. He’s really good and easily one of the best eles out there. Dunno if THE best, as it’s a big world, but yeah. He’s good. I think it’s easy to point kitten out, but chances are everyone one of us makes those mistakes in the heat of the moment, but as you’ll see, it’s not how you land your burst but how to not get wombo combo’d by the other guy. I think Serane has a good understanding of the ele and other classes and plays on those ideas.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: NowThere.3814

NowThere.3814

To be honest it was alright. Nothing crazy about putting a video of someone fighting players that aren’t even in the same skill cap. I think everyone can kill those that aren’t as good at the game. I’d like to see a fight versus Mesmers that can actually play a Mesmer [lol]. The 30 Arcana 30 Water build also makes me laugh since it’s a kittenildish it’s basically dodge roll and attune to water central which makes the Ele class about 20x easier to play. Using viable options such as Diamond Skin and other non 30 Arcana builds would show more skill rather than showing that you solely depend on Water Attune [Healing Ripple] and Dodge roll [Cleansing Wave] for sustain. I also doubt this build would keep up versus anyone that can play a good condi class. With that being said, that was a good compilation I liked the 2v2s. Cheers guys!

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Once again I consider Serane the best d/d Ele I KNOW. It is just like many across my blackgate server and from other servers consider me to be the best. It is only natural after many people are giving you the same compliment, you start to believe it. However, it doesn’t make it completely true. Of course, there are many great players out there and the majority of them never even visit the forums.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Once again I consider Serane the best d/d Ele I KNOW. It is just like many across my blackgate server and from other servers consider me to be the best. It is only natural after many people are giving you the same compliment, you start to believe it. However, it doesn’t make it completely true. Of course, there are many great players out there and the majority of them never even visit the forums.

It’s reached a point where it’s not worth it. Each additional ignorant/jealous comment is making me chuckle.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

I know the purpose behind it, but you have plenty of skills that can just get somebody low. There are only 2 skills that interrupt somebody on demand. If you just want to get some damage in, you might as well run at them with lightning whip or use burning speed. If you really want to hold them in place first, you can use magnetic grasp.

My point was that the skills were frequently wasted without doing anything. He wasn’t keeping a guy locked down. He was simply reacting slowly and poorly to what was going on. There isn’t anything wrong with using updraft and earthquake shortly after each other in principle. The issue was the specific time that it was used in.

I’m not trying to make it complicated. It’s really common sense that when your strong skills take a long time to recharge you shouldn’t squander them.

It’s perfectly fair to condemn someone based on a video they post. He took the time to pick these fights and edit them together. He posted a link to the video here. It’s fairly safe to say he takes some amount of pride in it. It may not be his best, but it’s fair to assume he’s at least showing how he usually plays. I don’t have to fight the guy to have valid critiques. I’m not even saying he is definitely bad. His video is just unimpressive.

I win the majority of fights where I’m not outnumbered too. That just proves being above average. Actually, it doesn’t even prove being above average in wvw because of consumables, guard stacks, gear differences and the complete lack of wvw 1v1 balance. Duels in wvw are such a joke that explicitly looking for duels just comes off as ego stroking to me.

I won’t continue with this discussion but I will tell you this last thing. Post a video of you dueling and see how many more criticisms you will receive based on your gameplay. It is so easy to criticize.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Jeez this is crazy and kind of just speaks on the elementalist forum community tbh. It’s like people here are bothered that some of have referred to Serane as the best D/D we know. We don’t get free Gems for saying that and there is obviously a reason it has nothing to do with posting a video he just happens to post videos and be good.

There are alot of 20/20/30 PU mesmer builds on the mesmer forums or P/D perp thief videos and they don’t get this kind of hate. Seranes guild moves servers alot that is why people from different servers wills say that he is really good. I dueled serane when he was on SoS he is now on the same server as me, they will probably move again.

• The people that say serane is the best ele THEY KNOW have dueled Serane.

People from other servers know who Serane is like they know who Bitcloud is (NA server) Serane and Bit have dueled along time ago. When Serane is in the sanctum people come to duel him over and over and over again because they know about him.

Word of mouth happens I duel in the sanctum and people said I am really good. I don’t brag and just reply “I do ok” that’s just me I never been one to go and tell people that I am I good. Word of mouth spreads people don’t ask for it just happens I never been on SoS or Maguuma but somehow people know who I am from me dueling on my Ele. People have said “I heard you are pretty good” or “You are really good”.

I’ve said around Serane that I think he is the best Ele I know while in the sanctum he isn’t stuck up or conceited he doesn’t say anything just duels. He is a really cool guy this is just a dueling video solo content. He has a few other roaming videos. Against some of these specs you guys are talking about.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Tei.1704

I won’t continue with this discussion but I will tell you this last thing. Post a video of you dueling and see how many more criticisms you will receive based on your gameplay. It is so easy to criticize.

I probably wouldn’t get any more criticism than average. It’s easy to criticize, but I don’t see much of it when people post their roaming/dueling videos. Even I don’t criticize every video I happen upon. It’s easy to criticize, but you still didn’t exactly understand my point the first time. Maybe I didn’t explain it very well, but it’s clearly not as easy as praising if I need to defend my idea with more details than “I think x is the best.”

I doubt there are any faults people could point out about me that I’m not already aware of.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Amazing. Make a comment about what I think makes a good video, and the full fan club comes out to tell me I’m a jealous hater.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Amazing. Make a comment about what I think makes a good video, and the full fan club comes out to tell me I’m a jealous hater.

I think that was only Nex and not directed to you.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I think that was only Nex and not directed to you.

Yep. Wasn’t directed at you. All you really said was there was a lack of condi fights, which is true, but Serane has them in other videos.

There are other very real haters in this thread though. Largely why I stopped paying much attention.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

The ele community seems to have alot of haters in general. We’re the crappiest class and yet fighting among ourselves……sad.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Yea I don’t understand it at all.

This is like back in my MW2 days with quick scope montages and kids believing that happens all the time when people play lol.

It’s a video for entertainment sure criticism is fine but how can people really have a problem with other people saying serape is a really player lol. Is this high school? We having king and queen popularity contest? We just stated our opinion based on experience against serane.

{Thief}

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

haha u guys all need to calm down :P

if you dont like my video then you dont like it
im not going to kill myself over it. i also dont really care much for what the majority of you guys think about my play. Why? because i know what im doing and im pretty successful with it. like i said in the original post. we have EOTM and im on TC who are red this week sooo if any of you want to duel then by all means im open to it
even in spvp, so feel free to ask. i dont bite and im a nice guy.

a lot of friends among eles and in general asked me to make solo content again because i kinda stopped so i did. i fought what was in the sanctum during the week, its not my fault if there was a lack of condi builds and classes. i fight them all the same. i didnt post this here to claim that i am the best ele . like ozii said word of mouth travels fast. enjoy the video and if you did im happy.

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: NovemberHotel.6823

NovemberHotel.6823

Hey guys! I noticed a few of you were curious about Serane’s build, and I’d like to bring the build into the public to know what you all think about it.

Traits: 0/10/0/30/30
Air: Zepher’s Boon (I)
Water: Cantrip Mastery (III), Cleansing Wave (X), Cleansing Water (XI)
Arcana: Renewing Stamina (II), Elemental Attunement (VIII), Evasive Arcana (XI)

Following numbers include stat bonuses from traits, runes/sigils, and food/wrench:

Power: ~1900-2000 (?)
Crit Chance: ~28-35% (?)
Toughness: 1850-1950 (?)
(?): These three numbers are estimates, since calculating Power and Toughness requires knowledge of the opponent’s armor attack.

Vitality: 1465
Condition Damage: 107
Boon Duration: 45%
Critical Damage: 86%
Healing Power: 560
(Justifications): Vitality calculated from max health. Condition damage calculated from burning tick. Boon duration calculated from Protection duration. Critical Damage calculated from non-critical hit damage vs. critical hit damage. Healing Power calculated from signet tick.

Sigils: Superior Sigil of Battle + Superior Sigil of Accuracy (or Superior Sigil of Force)
Runes: 2 Superior Traveler runes, 4 Superior Divinity runes.
Wrench buff: Superior Sharpening Stone.
Food buff: Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup (+100 Prescision, +10% Critical Damage)

If you guys notice a number that can be improved to be more precise feel free to improve the numbers. What do you think?

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

I am running almost identical stats…lol..only difference i use 2 water runes instead of 2 traveler(cause money!) and Vigor/Regen with Cantrips.Also i really hate any kind of passive effect on my characters so i usualy run ER instead of the signet.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Tei.1704

im not going to kill myself over it. i also dont really care much for what the majority of you guys think about my play.

I like you. I can never be friends with somebody wielding two incinerators, but this attitude gets a gold star.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

This thread is still going?

People hatin’ should post their vids of how “awesome” they are (merc’ing uplevel rangers doesn’t count – nor does kiting around 15 people and not doing anything).

I wasn’t aware giving props to others’ good play was a bad thing.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

People hatin’ should post their vids of how “awesome” they are (merc’ing uplevel rangers doesn’t count – nor does kiting around 15 people and not doing anything).

that ^

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

^dude, what’s up with your sig? How did you accidentally transfer?

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

im not going to kill myself over it. i also dont really care much for what the majority of you guys think about my play. Why? because i know what im doing and im pretty successful with it. like i said in the original post. we have EOTM and im on TC who are red this week sooo if any of you want to duel then by all means im open to it

a lot of friends among eles and in general asked me to make solo content again because i kinda stopped so i did. i fought what was in the sanctum during the week, its not my fault if there was a lack of condi builds and classes. i fight them all the same. i didnt post this here to claim that i am the best ele . like ozii said word of mouth travels fast. enjoy the video and if you did im happy.

I saw you in the arena and there was an s/d thief you lost to a lot, but I ask why isn’t that in the video? It’s obvious you’re just showing wins.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I saw you in the arena and there was an s/d thief you lost to a lot, but I ask why isn’t that in the video? It’s obvious you’re just showing wins.

…You mean like every person who has ever posted and ever will post on the forums? You don’t showcase yourself screwing up.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i like osicats videos , he mostly includes vids he died(though after killing few ppl)
(he is a mes and his guide is stickied in mes forum)

btw to the people who wtch proffession videos and r like: wtf thats op
people 90% of the time only post their wins , never losses.

if u wanna see how the class in general is , watch videos from other classes dueling the class u wanna know how it is. but dont go crying that the class u just watched is op, just watch another class fighting the class u just watched and so on!(dis just gone weird)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Tei.1704

I like…no, I love how the guy being “hated on” takes it better than other random people that aren’t even being addressed. He doesn’t use generic and terrible retorts, like “you’re just a hater therefore everything you say is wrong” or “posting your own video is the only way to have valid criticism about another video.” He doesn’t fire back with baseless assumptions or “snide” and “clever” quotation usage. He didn’t get defensive at all. He just doesn’t care.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

What does it matter? You can’t make a video because you rarely win duels… No one would show a loss unless it’s a best out of 5 or something. Anyways, nice video Serane.

Serane D/D Ele - Dueling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

The ele community seems to have alot of haters in general. We’re the crappiest class and yet fighting among ourselves……sad.

Wait there. This myth has to die. Elementalists are far from the crappiest class. They perform well on every aspect of the game with the exception of sPvP, and even then some Ele builds are starting to see some tourny play as of late, also, in that sPvP context, don’t blame the class, but the meta in which Eles just slightly underperform.

This class is a key component in any zerg group, it’s a very cappable and competent solo roamer and a top PvE DPS and support profession.
You all seem to talk purely from a WvW perspective, so it seems very advantageous of you to call this class weak in this part of the game, when it really isn’t.
I know we all like to fish for buffs on these forums to our favourite class while disorting and twisting our arguments here and there, but… come on.
Also, I know you are giggling at the fact that these future buffs made purely for sPvP porpuses are going to directly affect your min-maxed pimped up ascended dressed WvW ele too, I know I am.

With that said, regarding the video:

I really enjoyed it… but… there are three things that could help the viewer if you’re up to that: the lack of variety and the personal skill of your opponents was a little off-putting. Also, the build you play is a little too mistake friendly, just swap to water and half the conditions are gone and half of your HP is back up, this definetly helped you cover many of the mistakes you made; I urge you to play something riskier but more rewarding and you may become even better!

(edited by Khenzy.9348)