Serious question for all true elementalists

in Elementalist

Posted by: cero.1209

cero.1209

Who else is still having a blast playing their elementalists? I for one seem to be enjoying it much more than before.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Its not so fun, but I had to re-spec into air for greater mobility and am giving glyphs a try. The air ability cooldown-reduction also makes rotations much more reasonable and I like the greater access to updraft. Its not as fun as zipping around, but its o.k.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

I like to play Berserker’s scepter/dagger.

I barely have access to swiftness in combat (using Updraft for swiftness is a terrible idea, because I’m so glassy that I need the CC), so I rely on RtL to get close enough for my fire skills to hit, but now it’s much less likely to be ready when I need it.

Also, if I can’t break line-of-sight, I pretty much need to disengage to heal, but apparently Anet doesn’t want me doing that.

So no, not too happy here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Still having fun

Sure I still wish eles had as much diversity as mesmers but still happy overall.

I also actually like the new distance of rtl. It allows for better repositioning rather than flinging across the map. I still find the cooldown obnoxious though.

Just want to see some class wide buffs in certain areas but for now I’m good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

1600 play hours on Ele, PvE and WvW

Not as fun. Loss of mobility is annoying for PvE, not much change in dungeons since I never spammed RtL anyways. Seeing 40s pop up from bugged out RtL sucks though.

Changed to a 0-10-10-20-30 auramancer build with -20% in water and removed mistform from my bar but still somewhat weaker than what I liked from before.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Playing an overnerfed prof is not fun for me,not one bit fun (i’m a PvE player with my ele)
Played the ele since the beta and ive been cringing every time i see the new patch notes come out.
Started an warrior alt,has 105% crit chance at lvl 22-i use rush (ability that has the same functionality of RotL,but has yet to get any kind of nerf btw) and then hit hundred blades and 3 closest enemies die.
Hurah for balance!!!1

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Honestly the new update ruined a lot of fun, pointing toward the ride the lightning nerf. I loved to use it to jump around and parkor all around Lion’s Arch and other places… and now I can only do it half the time. Using it off cliffs was soooo fun as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

Been playing an Ele since launch, and it simply feels a lot more clunky to play. I wished the patch had brought more synery in other classes’ trait lines and our fire/air traits as well, but alas the changes they made to this class didn’t open many other viable options in pvp (I’ll give signets a whirl, but it’s not looking too optimiatic atm), and it looks like more boring bunker city.

edit: as some have mentioned above, the quality of life nerf for Rtl hurt more than how it’s balanced for combat. Ride the lightning is such an awesome skill to use – I wish they kept the double cooldown for combat only.

(edited by Cirax.9231)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Artemis.6283

Artemis.6283

It’s sad but it’s nowhere as near fun as it was before…
I always played d/d because of it’s mobility. Now I somewhat feel very limited as it comes to mobility and there are no specs left except bunker and i hate bunker builds….
So no… no fun at all either I re roll or I’ll play another game until they fix it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Ele since beta weekend 2
PvP (bad filter is bad) is still fine, but pve less mobility in pve makes it a bit less fun. I mostly like mobile classes so it did affect me a bit. I’d rather be weak and mobile and go semi glass to make up for it than slow and op in pve. Fortunately I played staff ele for a decent amount of time, so I’m somewhat used to it although even then I’d switch to off hand dagger when moving.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I am an ele player since beta and honestly, it’s not too much fun anymore. I had to change my build every single month because of some new nerfs. Started playing LoL again and I am having a blast there. I might come back once they are starting to buff eles though (good joke, I know xD).

in Elementalist

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

I enjoy it. Staff ele has pretty decent group wide support, and supporting/healing is stuff I love to do in mmo’s. Currently running full zerk gear (planning on getting PTV ascended gear in the future). I have gotten really good at using earth 2 to combo for might/burst healing and it seems to be a good benefit to a group that might be struggling against a boss as well as a good steroid to groups that are already doing well.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Been playing Ele since beta and while I still enjoy the in combat fighting, its annoying to roam around. Also getting away from zergs sucks. On a different note I finished gearing my ranger and I now have more mobility Eles ever had even with 1,550 range RTL on a 15 sec CD. I kited a 5 man earlier today and downed 1 of them but couldn’t stomp because he got shadow refuge and rezed so after 9-10 mins I left them.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

first off: i’ve been playing an elementalist since gw1 first came out, played it for 7 years or so and couldn’t wait to roll one in gw2. been playing my twig since the beta now =)

honestly, i’m very disappointed. i used to play my elementalist in three different builds:
pve: fotm dd with ascalon gear for fractals (because i don’t like fractals at all and i’m too lazy to look for something different), full off zerker dd/sd for any other dungeon
pvp: ogre dd tanky-dps build
wvw: team roamer / frontline auramancer

neither of the non-ractals builds was even close to being bunker. now i lack the mobility and the heal to play these builds without getting 2-2-2-2-2-2-2 shotted by any passing faceroll heartseeker spamming thief or whatevsitistheydo-warrior. i’m not the best elementalist out there, but i’d say, after 800h+ playing my ele, i usually do a good enough job to handle my fights.
now i lack the heal and the mobility to do so.

great. now, i don’t want to give up on my elementalist yet, so i started experimenting (again, after already spending a huge pile of money and playtime experimenting on my gear, my rune and weaponsetup etc. pp. for the first three builds.) after trying close to 30 different builds in pvp, i came to the conclusion, that it’s simply impossible for me to not play bunker anymore and survive mesmers, backstabbing thiefs, mm-necs or pretty much any damage dealing setup there is.

i’m not giving up on my elementalist yet and i’m still trying to find a viable build (bunkers are simply boring), but it’d be so nice to experience one single patchday (there hasn’t been one since beta) where i’m not terrified of looking at the patchnotes. in addition to getting a falcon punch in the face every! single!! time!!!, it’s always the explanations of the balancing team, that make me furious. “too many people play ele, so it’s gotta go”

atm, i’m just waiting for thiefs and warriors to get a range 100000000000000000000 aoe 1hit kill.

edit: i thought i might add the fact, that i’ve still got warr, thief, nec, mes, guard, to 80 and still play them all, but after playing an ele, they all feel slow like a crippled & chilled mesmer =(

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

(edited by tanztante.6532)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

“True elementalists”

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: xbaunx.6438

xbaunx.6438

360+ hours on my Ele and I wasn’t having fun even before the 4/30 nerfs. Bunker didn’t appeal to me. Who was I to think that a cloth-wearing profession with the lowest base hp in the game wasn’t a bunker?

Anyway, I’ve been working on a glyph build for staff and I’ve been having a lot of fun with it so far.

0/20/0/20/30
III, VIII
I, V
V, VIII, XI

Basically I’m traited so I have 1-touch perma-swiftness using Inscription. No boon duration runes, I run 5/6 soldier 1/6 divinity on berserker gear with cleric trinkets. 16k hp with 2300 defense, not the best but I don’t get one-shotted. I have the damage I need for solo play and the support I need for groups.

I get nice AoE from glyph of storms and I can solo difficult fights with my 2 elementals. Glyph of Elemental Power offers a unique strategic flavor to my encounters—I need to choose which condition will be most beneficial.

Anyway, what I like about it is I can perform very well in PvE, sPvP and WvW and I never have to re-trait. And the 1-touch perma-swiftness is super nice. So far it’s kind of like a do-everything Ele build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

ah baunx thats the build i leveled with, might be fun to go back to it :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yeroc.7516

Yeroc.7516

Tonight was the first time in a long time I did not play. I felt like a n00b last night so I think I’m done for now. Maybe next month they will revert some of this bull kitten and I’ll come back, but we all know that is wishful thinking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basara.9405

Basara.9405

I play with staff, focus on AoE and conditions for WvW.
So I’m fine, still loving my ele.

in Elementalist

xbaunx.6438

ah baunx thats the build i leveled with, might be fun to go back to it :p

Definitely would be worth trying out again, as you know this build highlights some of the few areas where we actually got buffs on 4/30.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

I absolutely hate playing my staff Ele now after 1000+ of enjoying it. I had to spec into major PVT armor and defensive traits and STILL get my kitten handed to me because I can’t take a hit. Now with Mist Form nerfed, I might as well be in full beserker without the damage.

:3

in Elementalist

xbaunx.6438

I absolutely hate playing my staff Ele now after 1000+ of enjoying it. I had to spec into major PVT armor and defensive traits and STILL get my kitten handed to me because I can’t take a hit. Now with Mist Form nerfed, I might as well be in full beserker without the damage.

Ah yes, I feel your pain. I put 5/6 soldier and 1/6 divinity runes in my berserker armor to help beef up my HP and defense. Also, with full cleric trinkets you can replenish your health pool very easily. It’s definitely not a tank but I feel with proper distance I have enough tools to get out of combat or re-position myself.

I went back and forth on sacrificing the boon duration for the VT runes but I really didn’t want to put PVT armor on a build where I should be at range to begin with. I love it because while it isn’t totally faceroll 24/7, I have the mobility and dependability I need to put myself in good situations where I will be the most potent (i.e. standing on a cliff raining dps and support onto a team fight).

Edit: While I don’t use it, Arcane Shield is a bland alternative to the former Mist Form. You get 5 seconds (or 3 hits) to pop your heal safely. It doesn’t have a stun breaker though either.

(edited by xbaunx.6438)

in Elementalist

Posted by: daemonrus.4703

daemonrus.4703

“True elementalists”

To tell the truth, I always suspected that I was a fake ele… the temptation to play a war or a guardian is overwhelming at times. the thrill of eviscerating my target with a crazy crit, or applying an aegis right before a serious attack – mmmm, just to realize a moment later that all I did was, in fact, switch an attunement. The disappointment is harsh. I keep coming back though. My mom keeps telling me that I’m as true as they get. The confusion is just unbearable.

(edited by daemonrus.4703)

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

It’s always fun to play spot the bug with Eles.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daunte.3095

Daunte.3095

I am enjoying my Ele very much, though I still want conjured weapons to be more useful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Playing staff now, not nearly as fun as it used to be using S/D.

I used to be able to solo roam picking off yaks and camps in WvW, now I have to stay with the zerg or I die.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I’m only having fun because of new custom dueling arenas, and the fact that our recent nerfs to glass finally tipped me over the edge and made me switch back to a bunkerish build. If I was still playing glass I can assure you I would not be having fun.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crujiente.8612

Crujiente.8612

I’ve still been having lots of fun with it. I run a mostly Knight’s build with a Berserker’s Amulet, and Soldier’s back item/helmet/gloves/shoulders. All exotic except for the backpiece. Power/vitality/crit damage jewels. Traits are 10/25/0/20/15, and I have a 30 second CD on RTL if I don’t hit anything or 15 sec if I do, so it’s not much of a loss. I just use it more strategically now.

Also, I’m testing using power/vitality/crit damage orbs on my armor instead of boon duration runes like I had before, in order to try not to rely so much on my boons (may switch to Divinity runes in the future, but I like the 120 power…) I’m having a blast with all the crit damage. I might swap the amulet for an Invader’s for some more toughness/vitality or Knight’s so I keep the precision and get extra toughness.

I don’t sPvP so much anymore, but I WvW a lot. I still manage to escape a lot of sticky situations, but I have to use my cantrips and other timing a little bit differently than before. Fiery Greatsword is amazing for escapes. I still roam around picking off Yaks or soloing camps from time to time, but if I see enemies nearby I have to start leaving before they can get close enough to slow me down. Much safer to stay with the zerg nowadays.

toast

(edited by Crujiente.8612)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

I only play elementalist (1.8k hours logged on it).
I always enjoyed playing my elementalist before the nerf.
I still enjoy it somewhat… but the entire playstyle feels a lot more clunkier and I’m finding myself stuck on cool-downs a lot more for some reason.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Not as fun. When I selected the profession I took it because I wanted to play something that could get around quickly. They’ve been taking that away.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Who else is still having a blast playing their elementalists? I for one seem to be enjoying it much more than before.

I’m having a blast specially on dealing with bunker/healer eles. I can easily interrupt their main heal now due to mist form nerf.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I’m excited about the recent changes to the elementalist because it has made other types of builds more viable. Its still hard to play and the cast times on glyphs and signets still prevent me from using them too much (only when I have staff or scepter equiped).
I main ele and am just buying different armor sets. Now I have clerics, rampager and berserker + lots of accessories and weapons. Its still a bother to have to adjust traits skills and armor just to do a different build.
The RTL distance nerf does prevent some of the jumps I used to make in some jp but to be honest it was kinda op… kinda like the portal of mesmers in jumping puzzles

in Elementalist

Posted by: pauer.4809

pauer.4809

Played Ele from beginning and really enjoyed it. I play mainly PVE/Dungeons/Fractals and with every update i feel more and more useless there. Nobody really wants an ele in his group… . I stopped playing ele now and changed my class. Sad but well, better than feeling useless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Berserker ele D/D+S/D, 0/20/0/20/30
Basically zero change in PvE, but that doesn’t make me happy, I want changes!
Damage is insane already but I want some new stuff to break from the muscle memory rotation.

(edited by Krag.6210)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrTitan.1654

MrTitan.1654

From the head start i played ele and i still haven’t got bored with him. I tried other professions and i honestly find the elementalist to be most fun to play than any other profession. I do get bored sometimes with PvE but then i just hop to Heart of the Mists and every single tPvP game is a win. I find i sad to see so many eles in sPvP now, they just make an ele, jump in sPvP with no skill what so ever. I wish elementalists weren’t so mainstream now…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

changed build completely as the nerf bat hit us so much it was pointless to mantain the previous one, found myself more efficient in 1vs1 and in skirmishes, still good in zerg (although with a completely different role, can’t stay anymore in the front lines), forced to stay ranged in any form of PvE due to the lack of HP and the tendency of World Bosses to do heavy AoE damage.

It’s almost like playing a different class

in Elementalist

Posted by: piperrak.8049

piperrak.8049

im still thinking about my new built, got time since im going for 200 thief wins atm.
but its realy tragic to watch the development of random maps. nekrozergs with some ingis teamup through spectator mode and cc/condition every1 to oblivion. good thing that the imba eles with the imba damage, imba heal, imba ccs, imba condition removal and imba mobility got nerfed^^. i kind of wonder whats ride the lighning is for. the fix suggest to use it for attacks, but its not like we are invul for that period. we can zoom through traps, ccs and aoe. pretty stupid to use it like that if u ask me. good thing there are so many mobs in wvw.

just gotta play way nastier than before ^^

(edited by piperrak.8049)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I will always play my elementalist no matter what the patch notes say. Does it mean I agree with the nerfs? No. They were unnecessary in certain game modes but the elementalist is my main and will always be it.

Especially since I made it a legendary already. I hope that we get “un-nerfed” one day and have better variety and build options though.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: piperrak.8049

piperrak.8049

yeah and that says everything about the legendary concept:DD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I’m in the middle of making my guardian a legendary. Doesn’t mean that it will become my main. I love the elementalist gameplay and find it engaging. I won’t be leaving the class unless they delete it.

It has nothing to do with my Incinerator on my elementalist. Well maybe a bit. I would feel it would be a bit of a waste, but it wouldn’t be my reason for staying.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

1800 hours of playing, most of it on world versus world roaming alone (only a little bit more than 40k kill). In every game i always play the “sorcerer” class or the thing the closest of it.

The patch doesn’t affect me much, as i only use d/d while moving and use it to fight only if i didn’t have enough time to switch back to dagger/focus.
The nerf isn’t that big, but it will decrease the number of elementalist and people will start to think they are freekill again, like in the first month after the release, so we will get more fight ^^

I saw a lot of people complaining about the majority of roamers player being thief/ele and mesmer, but the true solo roamers are 2/3 thief and ranger (don’t know why ranger lol) and the last tier are elementalist and mesmer as i don’t see much of them alone. They roam in group.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in Elementalist

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I’m relatively new to the elementalist only having 180 or so hours playing one. I started with D/D and hated it, so I moved on to S/D and have been playing that ever since. Solo roaming took a huge hit, at least for my build. Though in a small group I’m still quite deadly. All in all I’m still having lots of fun in WvW.

My ele hasn’t touched PvE since I got it to level 80, I have a ranger for that.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Really like the Ele. Use all the weapon sets depending on what I am running and have alot of fun with the different playstyles they each have. But, I don’t play much sPvP at all. No doubt because that has been the target of so many of the patches, I have not been affected nearly as much. Also, although I can put out significant dps with high crit, I am happy providing alot of support to a group, so I don’t get too upset when my dps is not as high as another classes.

In MF the other day, I was the only one up. Three were dead and one was downed and almost dead. So, I soloed the two veterans with my staff while the downed player got up and revived the other three. I am not bragging of course because that is not hard to do. I am saying it was a blast and fun to play. I really enjoy the endurance and speed of the ele. Coupled with the crowd control, good healing, condition removal, utility skills, and dps, there are alot of ways to play a situation.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

The patch ruined the class. We already got our nerf, there was no reason to totally kill our mobility with this 40 second nonsense. There are classes with MORE mobility, MORE defense, and MORE offense. Double nerfing us was just plain stupid.

I hear ANet got some new hires from EA games.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

What annoys me most is that the nerfs are based on a game format that less than 1% of the game population is playing. I don’t think they should have nerfed so many things at once either.

Would like to see the general utility/usability of sceptre/focus/staff fixed, because they are crap. Ele trait choices are also the worst of all the classes I play.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I still love my ele, and its rapidly becoming my main. I’ve played and deleted a bunch, out of frustration during the levelling game mostly, or just didn’t like the way they looked. Two of my ele’s were deleted after level 50.

It feels a lot more robust when your 80 and full exotics/ascended with a proper rotation and purpose. I even had the exact build that Anet kittened all to hell, but I literally swapped one trait and I was good to go. No drastic changes at all, save that I lost 10 seconds on my RTL recharge when used as an escape. No biggie. If I bother to use it as an escape, I can use those extra seconds to pick out another juicy target. (Hint: Don’t blow your wad all in one go, you’ll live longer).

Still one of my fave professions of all time.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

(edited by Ramethzero.3785)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

the profession have been 360° nerfed….some ninja nerfs/bugs paired with huge nerfs as Always.

Its clearly much less fun than before if you enjoy it more because you can use a skill half the time, you could do that even before….

And despite some players preteds that rtl was an escape skill, the current nerfed version makes impossible for you to catch a fleeing target.

So its horrible and unfun.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Eles are the master class my friend.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vukovic.9320

Vukovic.9320

I’m having a blast I just came back to the game and have spent all my gold continuously re-specing, re-gearing, re-sigiling, re-weaponning.

There’s so many options!
Atm I’m going for a single target, CC build . Stacking; Vitality, Precission, Crit % dmg and being really decent at party support in WvW.

What I love about this game ( and the Ele) is that you don’t have to troll the forums with cookie cutter copy paste builds, you can experiment to your hearts content and choose alot of different playstyles.

I went from WoW to this and trust me when I say there’s nothing better than an mmo where you aren’t forced into 1 spec, 1 set of gear and 5 buttons you have no choice in, because its the “optimum” build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

Eles are the master class my friend.

^^ this.

its so ridiculous reading other players comments like ‘broken class’ or ‘unplayable’.
L2Adapt.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten