Seven's D/D ele Content (+Build)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Hey guys seven here, some of you might know me already, but most of you probably don’t, so for those unfamiliar with me I make D/D elementalist content and i felt like it would be a good idea to centralise all of that content into a single forum post that I can update whenever I release something new you guys might find interesting.

The Build: https://tinyurl.com/sevenseledd
So my goal with this build is to be hard hitting while also having a great amount of sustain, running into groups of players in WvW is a common occurrence and being able to survive while packing a punch is important. I include some gameplay footage towards the end of the video which includes some tips on how to approach certain fights.

Roaming and duels #1: https://tinyurl.com/Roamingandduels1
This video contains outnumbered group fights ranging from 2v5 to 2vX (a lot) and duels vs a competent power shatter Mesmer and revenant.

Roaming and duels #2: https://tinyurl.com/Roamingandduels2
This video contains group fights ranging from 3v7 to 4vX(also a lot) and a duel vs a DH while I’m naked and a revenant.

Roamers vs Zergs #1: https://tinyurl.com/Roamersvszergs1
This videos content is basically sum’d up in the title, it contains clips ranging from 5-8 of us fighting 20+

Roaming and duels #3: http://tinyurl.com/Roamingandduels3
This video contains fights ranging from 2v5 to 3v6 and duels vs two competent thiefs and a berserker

Don’t Make Me Tilted: https://youtu.be/4N1hTfaM_R8
Just a short fluff video where I mess up a 1v3 in a rather stupid turn of events!

Im backk!!!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolJM_PWZ6c
took a break for awhile (5weeks), this video contains clips from my first night back

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

(edited by Noble.2670)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Why on earth the crusader parts instead of simple to get cavalier? Just curious what the reasoning is there. The tiny little extra healing is irrelevant – you need 1000+ healing power to see any noticable gains from having any healing power at all.

Personally I would have gone celestial armor for such a hybrid, loose a little damage (200 power and 5% crit dmg) for survivability (get another 2K hp and some condi dmg, healing power, toughness)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

crusader fits. And full celestial is weaker. I play habrid stats with viper and more damage is realy better. No need for high healing power 2500-2600 Armor is a good spot and 15k Health enough. Preassure is defence …

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

New video up, Roamers vs Zergs!
https://tinyurl.com/Roamersvszergs1

@dawdler wolfric basically sum’d it up pefectly. A good offence is the best defence!

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Seven’s builds are magnificent in spvp and wvw these are great since he plays in euro servers. Lots of these builds like core d/d ele was used in 2-3 years ago in North America before June 22 2015 ele nerfs. I wrote this stuff like 2 years ago. Which applies for his Spvp build getting to top 250 in Europe server and fighting cake. The trend are not the same, so I reason makes 100% sense.

But north Ameican Spvp or wvw ele take it with a grain of salt just like when watching that on their vids. People don’t fight the same and holly crappy most NA people in spvp are condi like hell or stun heal sustain dps like trucks. And most raomers are spvp top gold or plat or fight like that. They are serious players like me who will 1v3 1v7 and will not win but gain the knowledge to fight better in the 1v3 1v2 fights or the big gvg fights.

Also team speak or other communication makes small roam and spvp more successful. 300 healing power on a Tempest let alone an ele in North America can’t wont get you far in a 1v3 or 1v6. I can even face tank a zerg of 1v 20 or 1v30 for the first 10-15 seconds of massive spikes and cc but that’s about it. But 1v1 certain builds will chew through you regardless.
Game is build vs build and some builds will do better vs other specs on

Here are some classic ones from the last 2-3 years I’d spammed here. They are viable but no you ele core rotations very please. I do rotations in all aspects of the game and if a havoc team like XT. Who alone are great but as a team of 3-4 very strong due to build compositions will shred you to death with war condi, tempest healing their team and other hijinks.

Here is a generic fun start bruiser D/D ele core fun for those old ele users via 2014-2015 core ele hijinks from spvp to wvw and yes fire trait was nerfed via 3 might for 20 seconds per cantrips used and burn durations and blind cool down rates, auras nerfed, vigor regen in core arcane nerfed, water healing condi and boon duration nerfed and not brought up to current meta in wvw and spvp standings.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMowhdOwuBsSMQAYRBIAEEpswRIKUrhkYZA-TVyCABxrhgiHAAiKB5TPQnq/8lyvCOQAAcCBqf/hAAIAzsMDycmZ8iX8iX8inZOzZOzZOzyAUsHA-w

Try this is close to that all feeling you can swap main hand and off hands with, sigils with leaching, sigil torment, sigil of doom any thing seem fitting ele in some fights I have an ascended cele armor set gear with Rune of Balthazar for the mean burn stacks. I have 3 different cele armors runed with different aspects, durability is the balance fight the stand fight balance set if you don’t need to zerg flee just use armor of earth, arcane shield and air sigil to survive cc or damage strikes from thieves and cc wars. regardless if you fight a pro long 1v2 from actually superb people you will get tired. If I fight thieves it can get preety silly.

To fight condi people I suggest runes that give you less boons like Balthazar runes, swap arcane line to arcane shield so you don’t get too many boons of attunements. Sigil of air is a good stun breaker, fire cantrip and another arcane shield. You need to really fight outside that 300-400 range with those necros. When he boon corrupt you really need to break cc and clear condi. Allow his reaper from to engage you but evade and burn cc spike him to death softly. Don’t get greedy and watch out for boons on you regardless if you have only 70hp prepare for a boon strip spike heal of in water attunement and repeat and rinse. Always want to keep life above 80% or your going to exploded.

Same with fighting mesmers but you can go to town with the burning but please remember rotations and have water ready to heal and and use frozen aura. Vsing Mesmer you can swap to earth if req before since you can boom spam more unlike in a fight with necro.

Extra power damage in fire traits make very little difference while sneaking in side condi that ele is lacking like poison, cripples or torment is preferred.

People think your a condi set while you’re really a cele with cleric weapons and some condi side toppings. And that’s core d/d ele in wvw via nut shell. Go watch some Dalphoenix retro youtube vids or other streamers that use his builds.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

(edited by Waisenpai.6028)

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

ok i want to break this comment down somewhat as while some of what you have stated is true, a lot of it is not, specifically the way you separate EU and NA so heavily, i have a account on NA (Sorrow’s Furnace) and i also have an account on EU, and the differences really are not as huge as your comment would have people believe.

Seven’s builds are magnificent in spvp and wvw these are great since he plays in euro servers. Lots of these builds like core d/d ele was used in 2-3 years ago in North America before June 22 2015 ele nerfs. I wrote this stuff like 2 years ago. Which applies for his Spvp build getting to top 250 in Europe server and fighting cake. The trend are not the same, so I reason makes 100% sense.

ok first off, my build is far from magnificent in spvp, it is not a viable build in pvp atall and i would not advise running it, my (somewhat) success in getting it into the top 250 is more a statement of the current state of pvp and not the builds capabilities over here or over on na. secondly core D/D ele was the meta 2-3 years ago in eu to, the meta’s are exactly the same over here as they are over there. because people will run whats the most viable, having a different time zone separate us does not make certain things more or less viable, EU experiences the exact same meta as NA.

But north Ameican Spvp or wvw ele take it with a grain of salt just like when watching that on their vids. People don’t fight the same and holly crappy most NA people in spvp are condi like hell or stun heal sustain dps like trucks. And most raomers are spvp top gold or plat or fight like that. They are serious players like me who will 1v3 1v7 and will not win but gain the knowledge to fight better in the 1v3 1v2 fights or the big gvg fights.

your phrasing at the start threw me off a little at this part, that could be my fault. so let me address the point you make of people not fighting the same, there are also alot of condi builds in pvp on EU just the same as there are NA, and yes there are alot of stun sustain builds as you call them, because as i said before, the meta’s are exactly the same across the board, i run into all the same things whether im on NA or EU. now regarding the roamers, a lot of roamers on EU are also top pvp players, infact the majority of the spvp top 250 leader-board is made up of WvW players simply because alot of pvp players quit due to the lack of a competitive scene in pvp. ive actually found there are alot more “serious” competitive players on EU then there are on NA. if the point you was trying to make was about the players i fight in my videos not being amazing or if you was trying to point out i dont fight top tier players (which i do)its simply because i dont show them fights in my videos, i find heavily outnumbered fights vs sub par opponents to be more interesting to watch then a 1v1’s or 2v2’s etc etc vs skilled opponents, however if that’s something people are interested in see’ing more of, then thats something i can do.

Also team speak or other communication makes small roam and spvp more successful. 300 healing power on a Tempest let alone an ele in North America can’t wont get you far in a 1v3 or 1v6. I can even face tank a zerg of 1v 20 or 1v30 for the first 10-15 seconds of massive spikes and cc but that’s about it. But 1v1 certain builds will chew through you regardless.
Game is build vs build and some builds will do better vs other specs on

your team-speak comment is rather obvious, i dont really understand the point you was making, if you was reffering to the fact me or my friends never use ts, thats simply because we enjoy listening to music and chilling, we dont take ourselves to seriously,
my healing power increases my healing from Restoration signet from 204 healing per skill use to 240, it also increases my regen from 130 to 177, thats a extra 100hp every second, or a extra 1000hp every 10second compared to having 0 healing power, if i was to double my healing power i would increase my signet from 240 to 266 and my regen from 177 to 210, thats an extra 59healing every second, or 590 every 10seconds, as you can see, the higher you start to scale the more the benefit of healing power falls off, and to invest so heavily into healing power you have to sacrifice other stats rather heavily. something you cant afford to do, or you end up lacking the pressure to down certain tanky builds (berserker’s, condi chorno’s etc) sometimes the best defence is a good offence.

(my response got to long for one post, carried it on below)

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

Here are some classic ones from the last 2-3 years I’d spammed here. They are viable but no you ele core rotations very please. I do rotations in all aspects of the game and if a havoc team like XT. Who alone are great but as a team of 3-4 very strong due to build compositions will shred you to death with war condi, tempest healing their team and other hijinks.

we see exactly the same kind of groups here, again NA and EU is pretty much the same.

Here is a generic fun start bruiser D/D ele core fun for those old ele users via 2014-2015 core ele hijinks from spvp to wvw and yes fire trait was nerfed via 3 might for 20 seconds per cantrips used and burn durations and blind cool down rates, auras nerfed, vigor regen in core arcane nerfed, water healing condi and boon duration nerfed and not brought up to current meta in wvw and spvp standings.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMowhdOwuBsSMQAYRBIAEEpswRIKUrhkYZA-TVyCABxrhgiHAAiKB5TPQnq/8lyvCOQAAcCBqf/hAAIAzsMDycmZ8iX8iX8inZOzZOzZOzyAUsHA-w

ok so this build invests way to much in sustain. i feel like i covered why 300-400healing power is the right amount for a d/d ele earlier on, so ill ignore that for now but, your crit is way to low, espcially since you are running fire line, you rely on a heavy hitting burst, especially to down a lot of stuff in this meta as they are able to reset so easily vs a d/d ele, sustained damage wont cut it anymore, couple that with the low amount of power and you simply wont do enough damage to down alot of builds, berserkers, druids, scrappers, condi chorno’s, condi thiefs etc etc, and while you have a nice amount of condi damage you really wont see the benefit of your burns that much in this meta due to the amount of cleanse people carry thanks to the fact conditions are broken atm and 90% of players run condition builds. you also dont have enough cover conditions to keep burning up vs most things. so to wrap that build up, to much sustain not enough defence, you will encounter a lot of endless fights.

think that covers about everything, sorry for the horrible formatting typed this out on my phone

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

D/D ele was meta in 2013 so that’s 4 years ago not 2 years ago that’s fire ele meta condi burn. Since they burn catnips 3 stacks of might for like 20 seconds or some ridiculous numbers. And no read dalphoenix just like people saying mace shield and GS was new in wvw and spvp since hot. LOL that was used by wars all the time back in day when skull crack was op

Also I was top 250 and best at 70 solo que in NA back in 2014. Pre condi meta power creep lol. NA and EU are not the same lol… I’m not going to even tick you about that

Also fire is a condi powerhouse stacking constant 2k 3k burns on rotations allowing me to fight 1v2 1v3 1v4 with arcane precision. Like tonight I was able to 1v7 in a ring for 2 mins as core ele before help arrive on SBI vs a guild team.

You can always duel me in NA I can send you a guild invite. You have a nice build but is too kitten soft you’ll die easily if focus by a team. Most of the out number your not solo roaming you are team roaming like XT. Teams can buff you and stack you might and get pressure of you. Teams are great. I talking solo like head butting a zerg of 1v 20 and living the savage carnage before rolling away. I mean if you only fight me you would understand.

Since anet nerf condi power scaling and it only actually work a bit after 700 points only.

This forum used to full of voices. Sigh* Didn’t Frowny Clown play condi hybrid he had lots of insight.

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

I use your stats 1v1 its fine but 1v2 1v3 1v4 well 1v4 you get shredded. Post a solo roam vs high level groups. Be by yourself. I’m from BP I roam I fight under FA, CD, Mag, DB and currently SBI. I solo I rescue out numbered people getting 4v1 and if lucky I can turn that fight around. I 1v2 1v3 1v4 allowing pve people to flee to safety.

I sometimes turn into a tornado to disrupt zergs of 30-40 players stacking so they cant might stack well so commanders can take a 20 man team or 30 man team to burst them to death. Or sweep them from behind disrupting their charge. You can do that with that low hp, healing and tough.

Power on ele is trivial since base power of 150 -250 power is nothing you might stack around 350-750 power in rotations alone. Lightning whips base power and crit ratios is low 600-1200 stacking with might up to 900- 1800 . Ele’s are like a mini soft condi cc bunny generator. Burns and bleeds when rolled in fighting people = damage.

Please find a high level in EU cele ele hybrid with clerics, crusaders or knights or zerker player to show you this power.

It’s old game play you can find builds back to 2012 or go view it on youtube core d/d ele you either air, earth or fire.

Used to be 10 earth 30 arcane 30 water or 10 air 30 arcane 30 water or 10 air 10 earth and 20 water 30 arcane. But you lose condi removal on regen and it was crazy awesome back than. Cantrips all had stun breakers.

Oh please have another d/d ele from NA come out and say something sigh.

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

New video up! Roaming and duels #3! http://tinyurl.com/Roamingandduels3

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

If I were going to try and level a D/D ele again, is there a suggestion on what I can use if all I have are exotics? Obviously, celestial won’t be an option initially either.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

for leveling basically all works. Primary get power + precision. For not dying too fast you can use some toughnes. So basically berserker and knight mix is useful.
If you are 80 for open world content most builds work if they are actually consistent.

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

New video up! This ones just a short fluff video where I manage to mess up a 1v3 in a pretty funny turn of events. I intend on doing more of these silly/short videos in between my actual roaming ones from now on!

https://youtu.be/4N1hTfaM_R8

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

That’s why i’m in favor of removing downstate entirely from WvW. You totally deserved to win that fight, but they kept ressing.

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

That’s why i’m in favor of removing downstate entirely from WvW. You totally deserved to win that fight, but they kept ressing.

While I agree downstate should be removed since it would reward skill over numbers, this particular situation was my fault, I should have noticed the engi res’ing the reaper sooner, and when I did finally notice and saw that he was so close to being res’d I should have just finished the thief making the fight a 1v2 again. I could have probably stopped that res if I didn’t swap out of fire into water while trying to stomp the thief locking myself out of any cleave I have, Soon as I did that it wasn’t possible to stop him.

Ahwell! Live and learn and try not to get tilted and lose focus friendo’s!

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raysson.2079

Raysson.2079

Hey Seven,
I improved the stat spread a little bit. It has the same stats but a few more points in every stat.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoyhFOwzB8RMIAYRAoAUEr3QTMNQdhlQVA-TlCEABA8AAEUJImqRkoqKurH4hTAA87P0vKBap0jJlBBAQAuZbGADdoDdoDdoVoDdo38mlCIzhWA-w

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

Hey Seven,
I improved the stat spread a little bit. It has the same stats but a few more points in every stat.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoyhFOwzB8RMIAYRAoAUEr3QTMNQdhlQVA-TlCEABA8AAEUJImqRkoqKurH4hTAA87P0vKBap0jJlBBAQAuZbGADdoDdoDdoVoDdo38mlCIzhWA-w

Hey man! Looks good! However the stat increase is that minor you won’t really see any difference in the builds survival or damage, what setup you run comes more down to what armor pieces you have access to, long as your hitting those general benchmarks it’s all good!

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

I like your videos. Keep on rocking. Will check again to if there’s new videos.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raysson.2079

Raysson.2079

Hey Seven,

Hey man! Looks good! However the stat increase is that minor you won’t really see any difference in the builds survival or damage, what setup you run comes more down to what armor pieces you have access to, long as your hitting those general benchmarks it’s all good!

That’s true of course. I’m not very meticulous about stats normally. Just wanted to put that out there after I accidentally found it while trying to fit my SAB-infused zerker piece into the build (they’re now in the backpack).

I haven’t used this build a lot yet. Do you think D/D ele or ele in general is still worth playing as a newcomer to the class or would you only recommend it to experienced eles such as yourself? And how does it compare to tempest builds, like this one for example?
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_WET_Dagger_Tempest_Roamer

(edited by Raysson.2079)

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

hey guys, its been awhile! i stopped playing the game for awhile (5weeks) and finally had the time/interest to come back and play again! all these clips were from my first night back, i am still pretty rusty so the game play might leave something to be desired, but i hope its entertaining none the less!

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

With the influx of people on WvW, fights have been quite interesting.
I’ve been using my full cele d/d ele with a mix of boon duration and condi duration food/utils and it has been quite consistent to win 1v2, 1v3 and more…

Feels like old times.