Share auras given from leap?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leggend.7219

Leggend.7219

Q:

Hi i’m focusing on support my team with my DD / staff elementalist.
I’m learniing so much about how aura share work well on dungeom but there is something that i can’t understand.

Using all aura with relative skill works: aura auras are shared to allies

Using field/blast combination (eruption+frozen ground) works: auras are shared to allies

Using field/leap combination (filed of fire+magnetic leap) doesn’t work: auras are not shared to allies but i take aura...

so...why field+leap doesn’t share auras? Powerful Aura says: Auras are applied to nearby allies.
Its broken? bug? or its meant to work like this?

Its important to support..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

It shares auras casted. Not auras gained (combos, items, other people). Ice+blast is already AoE, so that is not shared.
It’s been like that always (?), or atleast long time.

Anet seems to use minimal amount of systems to operate things, so atm if they made leap+fire to share, it would prolly make all auras gained from other people share aswell :P + items. Wouldn’t be suprised.

It wouldn’t really result in big OPness if fire+leap shared, but I don’t see it neccessary either.

[TA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leggend.7219

Leggend.7219

so why Powerful Aura says: Auras are applied to nearby allies?
Maybe need an update for description?
this description of traits lack of information, i read that and i think all auras that I use or gain are sharable. Notice that only elementalist can share aura, not other class, this i think will be op on wvw and a little bit on dungeon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

See http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Aura for more details on the Trait. As Sabull mentioned, it doesn’t work for combos. It also doesn’t work with the Arcane Resurrection trait. It does, however, work with Fire’s Embrace trait when using a Signet skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Granting auras is different to applying auras.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: bashoo.6854

bashoo.6854

that’s why in not using aura share build – it’s overrated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Sharing lightning aura and frost aura is not overrated imo. It most definitely has its time and place.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

Indeed. I like to stack the auras from D/D, */F and staff before a fight, then stay in staff to shell out auras (well, fury and swiftness) from Frozen Ground (though admittedly, if I were faster at swapping traits, I’d drop powerful auras after switching back to staff).

That said, lightning aura is phenomenal at protecting allies.