Shocking Aura & Zephyr's Boon Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Got into game, ZB now grants 5 seconds of fury and swiftness when applying shocking aura. Instead of the old 10s. It no longer double proc’s.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Yeah, people needed more reasons to go into 30 arcane for the boon duration so… sigh

No mention on thief perma stealth and just as good healing in patches…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Soothing Disruption (cantrips grants regeneration and vigor) has been nerfed as well. Both boons have had thier duration cut in half.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

So rtl,ZB,SD and EA nerf’s. Still reliant on 30 arcane. Fire/Air still sucks. Frost aura is cool but were still using the same builds, just weaker. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

So rtl,ZB,SD and EA nerf’s. Still reliant on 30 arcane. Fire/Air still sucks. Frost aura is cool but were still using the same builds, just weaker. :/

Yup.

There has to be just one person doing class balancing at Arena Net and he must have a list of 10,000 things to do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I don’t understand why they had to nerf shocking aura boons so badly.

But oh well, I guess ele’s damage was OP or some kitten.

And don’t even mention aurashare, because they could have toned it down so teammates only benefit for half of the boon duration or something. They didn’t have to downright kill it.

All this update has done: more reasons for people to focus on 1-2 builds, instead of spreading variety. Focus buffs won’t do kitten.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Seems like a bug fix to me. No reason for one aura to give double the boon duration compared to all the others. Everyone was always wondering why that was even the case in the first place. Don’t see why this is suprising or upsetting everyone that much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Seems like a bug fix to me. No reason for one aura to give double the boon duration compared to all the others. Everyone was always wondering why that was even the case in the first place. Don’t see why this is suprising or upsetting everyone that much.

I’m surprised it took this long.. always knew this change would be coming, still bummed about RTL though, I was hoping they would just shorten the distance and not mess with teh CD.. whatevah

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

meh, i guess we need to live with it.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Sad that alternatives really haven’t opened up much. I used D/F before patch, and still using it. The changes doesn’t inspire people to pick up a build that allows you to die within minutes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zanthos.5163

Zanthos.5163

Did anyone else notice that gaining Fire Aura through combos never triggered Zephyr’s boon? Has this been fixed? Or is it intended?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I can tell you this much, whatever bunkers out there weren’t using boon duration runes kitten sure need to load them up now.

They went from just “the best choice, but you can find some other stuff that works” to “required”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Meanwhile the team who balances the game continues rocking with their perma-stealth or almost perma-stealth thieves…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Can’t say I’m surprised however I am somewhat disappointed in this. They said they were going to be looking at increasing the effectiveness of other builds to expand options to see if a nerf was truly necessary or it’s just a matter of a lack of counters. Instead we got the nerf and are more pigeon holed into bunker to make up for it.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hospis.4607

Hospis.4607

I could deal with the nerfs to eles a whole lot better if thieves got adjusted too. I can’t believe they got away untouched again. Sigh.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

have you reported it? nothing will happen if it’ not properly reported as a bug. if it’s not in the release notes, it’s a bug.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

“we are not going to kneejerk nerf professions…” *looks at D/D ele nerfs….

Balance….yes……reduce ele attack in PvE and boost warriors…this is balance…

P.S: added in the patchlist.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Warriors got hit PRETTY hard actually. The food nerf made all those unfair builds unviable where a warrior could spin right into a huge zerg while actually OUTHEALING the zergs damage.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Warriors got hit PRETTY hard actually. The food nerf made all those unfair builds unviable where a warrior could spin right into a huge zerg while actually OUTHEALING the zergs damage.

PvE <=====
Warriors and guardians now are basically the only viable builds….more than before.

They also tried to force players to get BAD thief players in PvE with spykits nerfs…

Just because oits quite clear what is happening.
Nerf everything is not Warrior/guardian/thief

Do not touch them despite they are clearly way more than OP each in his area of the game…..

This is why we can say this game has the worse balance team i ever seen in a game.

Waiting to link GW2lfg pages next week….when people will have realized.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

PvE <=====
Warriors and guardians now are basically the only viable builds….more than before.

They also tried to force players to get BAD thief players in PvE with spykits nerfs…

Just because oits quite clear what is happening.
Nerf everything is not Warrior/guardian/thief

Do not touch them despite they are clearly way more than OP each in his area of the game…..

This is why we can say this game has the worse balance team i ever seen in a game.

Waiting to link GW2lfg pages next week….when people will have realized.

I dunno bout that. Seems like stealth doesn’t drop aggro anymore. So thieves got the massive nerf hammer when it came to boss fights. Rather it seems like we should be seeing less of them.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

infact they are in their area:

Guardian is best for everything as Always
Thief is just lame (any player involved in competitive 1VS1 game can tell why without even talking of opinions) in www.
Warrior is Best for PvE

Other classes needs global nerfs every time they get near to HALF the stregth of those in ANY area.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

Guardians are beyond trash at ranged, but other than that, they got way too much utility.

Thief beats any build that is not gimmicked, forcing all these lame bunker builds to pop up (both them and these bunker builds deserve to be nerfed into the ground).

Warrior requires like 0 skill to be good at dungeons. I heard other classes could do better, but it takes a lot of work.

I’d say ur more or less rite.