Should I return or not :)

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Hi guys,

after the flurry of nerf occured to my only 80 char Ele, I was really discouraged and left the game.

Now I read that there lots of changes again to Ele and considering to give another go, but I can’t get a clear feeling of what is changed.

Can anybody tell me what is nerfed more and what is buffed? I left the moment they put the 40s nerf to the RTL.

I read they are trying to buff conjure builds but I have no clue what are they buffing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

There are a few bug fixes. A few buffs in speed of staff skills, and a trait in air that makes a new burst build available.

But other classes were buffed at the same time. They don’t nerf everyone anymore, where the “loser” of each patch would be the one that got nerfed the most. Now they mostly buff all classes, and the “loser” is the one that gets buffed least. Ele has consistently been one of the Biggest Losers in every patch for the last half-year.

I’m not telling you not to play the game, but if you do, don’t resume on the hope that ele has been restored to parity. Warriors and Guardians are still the backbone of tough content. If you come back, let it be about trying the new content.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

i’d suggest making a warrior if you come back and use that for any serious content. use the ele just for fun. You’ll cause yourself a lot less grief that way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

It is little bit of tough to understand what is changed from the class with a wall of text.

for ex. I think this is a new trait

‘Fresh Air’ – what it means by ‘Recharge Air Attunement on a critical hit’ recharging air attunment?

What is its effect to game play?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

It is little bit of tough to understand what is changed from the class with a wall of text.

for ex. I think this is a new trait

‘Fresh Air’ – what it means by ‘Recharge Air Attunement on a critical hit’ recharging air attunment?

What is its effect to game play?

Basically, Fresh Air it allows S/D Eles to use their air burst a lot more often. You’ll almost always have access to air attunement again within a second or two after switching off Air. It has good synergy with the Electric Discharge trait.

For instance, you can attune to air and Updraft someone and then Dragontooth+ Ring of Fire + Phoenix them, and then switch right back to Air to instantly hit them with 2 lightning strikes and Arc lightning again.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

(edited by Gilburt.9146)

in Elementalist

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

Come back. If you enjoy playing the class thats all that matters. I love the class.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Since you’re talking about level 80 I assume you mean PvE.

There are to my knowledge three big Ele builds flying around right now: The old-school Lighting Hammer build, the Fresh Air Lighting Whip build and the Lava Font build.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83561-hamartias-sd-elementalist-build-dps-might-stacking/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Zelyhn-s-Advanced-PvE-Build-Direct-Damage/first#post2333424

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85568-lh-is-the-new-bearbow-the-real-staff-dps-build-for-manly-men/

Look at these builds and see if they catch your fancy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

Hi guys,

after the flurry of nerf occured to my only 80 char Ele, I was really discouraged and left the game.

Now I read that there lots of changes again to Ele and considering to give another go, but I can’t get a clear feeling of what is changed.

Can anybody tell me what is nerfed more and what is buffed? I left the moment they put the 40s nerf to the RTL.

I read they are trying to buff conjure builds but I have no clue what are they buffing.

They really haven’t done that much. A little buff to staff, but nothing game changing. Other classes also got buffs so it was a wash. Eles still probably the most difficult class to play.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi