Should I stick with Ele and ride it out or is the balance we need only a pipe dream?

Should I stick with Ele and ride it out or is the balance we need only a pipe dream?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Angel.1435

Angel.1435

I’ve been stuck between a rock and a hard place since reaching 80 with my ele. My figures just don’t match the other classes and I can’t help but wonder if I’d be better off investing time and gold in a class which can bring more to the table.

ANet said that balancing isn’t going to be as simple as a singe patch, so do you guys think that we’ll be seeing changes within the near future or is this something that’s going to drag on for a while?

If it is something that could be fixed soon then I’m more than happy to just ride it out until then, but I can’t help but feeling that I’m going to be playing a kittened class for a fair while, and it’s sort of taking the enjoyment out of the game when I’m being rolled by mobs that other classes are walking over

What do you lot think? Are we going to see changes or should I just hang up my elementalist hat for now

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Judging by the silence from them (tumbleweed), I`m guessing either they`re very busy trying to fix it or they`re wrapping up warm for when hell freezes over ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

They’re probably quite busy with a lot of stuff, but I would love an official comment about what they think of the elementalist’s current state.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

I must be careful what I say because you can get easily banned on these forums XD
Elementalist will recieve a buff ofc ….but are you willing to wait for 2015-2020 …..your choice … I gave up

Warrior/Thief/Ranger ….rolled them and couldn’t be happier ^^
If you want magic try mesmer …rlly, anything is better then Elementalist ^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

I think we’re all (most of us anyway) asking ourselves the same question Angel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

How is it hard to decide this?

Do you have fun playing?
No? Switch
Yes? DonĀ“t

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Angel.1435

I agree, there hasn’t been much for elementalists in recent patches, so hopefully they’re working on a bigger fix, as the odd change to a few skills isn’t going to change us as a whole. Any sign from them to give me a glimmer of hope would be much appreciated, but for now I’m struggling to log into my character knowing that the class is so massively overshadowed by other classes

Edit: @Strang. Finding a class fun is one thing, but putting in so much effort and struggling to play a class I love only to not even match other much easier classes takes the reward value out of the class. I’ve tried most specs possible and all of them seem to be outperformed by most other classes. so it’s hard to have to drive to keep playing.

Any little post to let us know that the class is being worked on would be awesome, but I haven’t seen anything as of yet

(edited by Angel.1435)

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

I must be careful what I say because you can get easily banned on these forums XD
Elementalist will recieve a buff ofc ….but are you willing to wait for 2015-2020 …..your choice … I gave up

i only like the elementalist’s style, and i don’t wanna play another class but ele..and right now, i don’t play gw2 at all..i have many other games to enjoy, until waiting anet fix ele.. other class are too easy and boring compared to ele(in my opinion of course)..
and i don’t wanna play an handicap class like this..i trust in arena net, and meanwhile i enjoy my dragon’s dogma or skyrim..

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

i only like the elementalist’s style, and i don’t wanna play another class but ele..and right now, i don’t play gw2 at all..i have many other games to enjoy, until waiting anet fix ele.. other class are too easy and boring compared to ele(in my opinion of course)..
and i don’t wanna play an handicap class like this..i trust in arena net, and meanwhile i enjoy my dragon’s dogma or skyrim..

I appreciate your …..respect for the class.
And on the aspect of the games I understand you completly. I spend more time on forum then playing GW2 XD…why would I play with fail Ele when I have

• Ele in GW1,
  • Tera (did you see those armors)
  • Aion (check out character creation, epic of all MMO’s)
  • League of Legends (although they suck more the ANet, but still, my friends like them XD)
  • Sims 3 + all expansion
  • etc

+ College, uhmmm Life XD, Ellen Show, CommunityChannel, Shane Dawson, Smosh, over 7 Tv Series (Awkward, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Revenge, Once upon a Time….all new seasons starting soon hihihhihihihi) …..

Let’s be honest, there are so many things we could do then play with broken Elementalist XD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sidian.5370

Sidian.5370

If the most important thing to you is your relative power to other classes, then you should reroll to another class and be much happier. Until that class isn’t as powerful as the next class, and then you can reroll to that new more powerful class. Until that new more powerful class suddenly isn’t as strong as another class….

Eventually you’ll have one of every class, and you can just choose to play whichever is the most powerful at that time. Problem solved.

in Elementalist

Angel.1435

If the most important thing to you is your relative power to other classes, then you should reroll to another class and be much happier. Until that class isn’t as powerful as the next class, and then you can reroll to that new more powerful class. Until that new more powerful class suddenly isn’t as strong as another class….

Eventually you’ll have one of every class, and you can just choose to play whichever is the most powerful at that time. Problem solved.

Surely it’s not too much to ask to be at least on par with the other classes. The work that goes into playing an Ele is what has appealed to me from the beginning. but to put in the work and receive little to show for it, it’s difficult to enjoy the class.. I’m not looking for a 2 button class. I enjoy how entwined the attunements are together and working them together to create combos etc is what kept me playing up until now. it’s just that the numbers I’m pulling in most areas just feel lacking

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sidian.5370

Sidian.5370

Surely it’s not too much to ask to be at least on par with the other classes. The work that goes into playing an Ele is what has appealed to me from the beginning. but to put in the work and receive little to show for it, it’s difficult to enjoy the class.. I’m not looking for a 2 button class. I enjoy how entwined the attunements are together and working them together to create combos etc is what kept me playing up until now. it’s just that the numbers I’m pulling in most areas just feel lacking

Switch to another class that has the power you want, and is still fairly engaging. You’ll always have your elementalist to go back to once ANet gets around to balancing.

If it’s affecting your enjoyment, then don’t wait around says I.

edit: I found the thief to be pretty engaging.

(edited by Sidian.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

we don’t want ELE=oh my god, op class , i own all with my ele!!1!1!

no.
bu t we want a real ele, not a kitten like this call elementalist, we want a true elementalist.

c’mon warrior is a real warrior. and have all characteristics that a warrior should have.
guardian is a real guardian.
thief is a real thief
ranger is a real ranger.
and so on.
Ele is just a kitten, i know it’s rude but it’s the truth.
not only for damage(also for that) but for the entire mechanical, c’mon 15 second swap attunement? really?
no chance to change melee/ranged range in battle? really?

elementalist could be ok, if we can swap weapon in combat like all class, and reduces attumenent cooldown to , mhm 1 second.

damage still suck, but in this way we could be a real elementalist..

my english it’s not perfect, i know, and i don’t know if i explain my self well, but i hope you understand what i mean..

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scarface.5203

Scarface.5203

This is one of the first time I post on these forums. I’m desperatly trying to find a way to enjoy my Elementalist, but oustside of flashy spells and interesting gameplay, there is nothing. I’m level 80 now, I hoped that after gearing up, practicing and reading a lot, I would find a way to make the profession rewarding. After a lot of gold and a lot of deaths, I’m about to reroll.

Yes, sometimes you can feel powerful is you unleash hell on a single target with S/D or D/D or maybe feel like you’re useful for the group if you use a staff, but seriously, this is bullkitten. The class need a huge damage buff.

I’m waiting for the first balance patch, but if they change nothing, I will reroll. Even if I have a lot of achievements on this toon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Very unhappy atm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Elementalists have a much higher skill floor than other classes, meaning you need to be pretty good at the game and your class to do decently. If you want an easy class you can pwn faces with, roll a warrior or guardian or ranger or thief.

Elementalists played well arn’t THAT bad off. Yes, we’re still a tad underpowered. But the main problem isn’t being underpowered per se, it’s that ele requires more work to get to the same effect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Freakiie.8940

Freakiie.8940

Well I have little interest in getting another character to 80 and getting it exotics, so in PvE I’ll stick to my Elementalist. Not that hard considering I haven’t really done any PvE lately anyway.

In PvP I tried a Mesmer today. Well, lets just say that my Elementalist will be gathering dust in PvP for a while.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jenelise.6409

Jenelise.6409

I’m not deleting my ele, but I rolled a Mesmer. It’s still a lot of work for the damage I put out, but it’s a really cool class and at least if I go into downed state, I have a prayer of a rally. Not so with the ele where if I go down, I really go down.

in Elementalist

Angel.1435

Elementalists have a much higher skill floor than other classes, meaning you need to be pretty good at the game and your class to do decently. If you want an easy class you can pwn faces with, roll a warrior or guardian or ranger or thief.

Elementalists played well arn’t THAT bad off. Yes, we’re still a tad underpowered. But the main problem isn’t being underpowered per se, it’s that ele requires more work to get to the same effect.

Why do people assume that anyone who says a class is underpowered doesn’t know how to play it? The fact that you managed to point out other classes as being able to “pwn faces” means that the balance between the classes isn’t there.. You can be very skilled in ele and still see that the numbers just aren’t matching up to other classes. I wouldn’t care if ele took more skill than other classes (thats the selling point for most ele players) it’s just that the the balance isn’t behind them to validate the difficulty

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scarface.5203

Scarface.5203

Yukishiro, I think everybody understand that, but I see a lot of people on these forums trying to say that this is only a L2P problem.

This is not “only” a L2P problem, after playing to level 80 with every weapons available, we can say that a person know how to play. There is no way that a level 60-80 elementalist don’t know how to switch attunements to get the maximum of efficiency.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

If you read what I said you’d see I don’t disagree.

My point though is that ele are not as underpowered as you might think from reading the forums. Even when played right an ele is still a little on the underpowered side. But it isn’t some dramatic thing the way people make it out to be.

Elee probably need about a 10% boost in effectiveness. What they also need is some adjustments to lower the skill floor so average players can do better on them.

Right now if you play a war and an ele the biggest difference is not the overall power balance but how much less forgiving the ele is compared to the warrior.

It basically comes from the fact that ele lack both easy burst damage and passive survivability. This means you have to work harder to damage and work harder to mitigate damage. When you use everything the class has it still comes up a little short, but not THAT short.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sezuki.2509

Sezuki.2509

I have a feeling I’m not alone. I choose elementalist because I love them and none of the other classes really appealed to me. In fact – I couldn’t care less about how difficult elementalists are to play or how well they do in a particular situation. I play them because they play, look, talk and walk awesome. I don’t care in the slightest if warriors or rangers or whatever the cookie-cutter class happens to be are a billion times stronger and easier to play. I wouldn’t buy a new car if my current one starts acting up – you fix it! The only thing bothering me is the fact that while I have to climb a broken staircase others are whooshing past me in an escalator!