Signet of Air

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Congratz Ele’s. You’re now equal to thieves if not better then thieves in terms of mobility.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Are people honestly this daft?

Signet of Air is STILL HORRIBLE. Swiftness > Passive bonuses.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Nah. Just at layman level as an Ele. On my thief Sig of Shadows is the lynch pin of my ability to get around and escape Zergs in open WvW.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Intigo.1653

Nah. Just at layman level as an Ele. On my thief Sig of Shadows is the lynch pin of my ability to get around and escape Zergs in open WvW.

That’s because a Thief does not get easily reachable perma-Swiftness.

Elementalist does.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ettanin.8350

Ettanin.8350

The Signet change is neutral because an Ele can already achieve constant speed boosts without having to dedicate a skill slot to it. Our heal glyph already boosts speed when you’re attuned to air and many weapons have a speed skill when attuned to air. So this change is for people who absolutely want speed without having to activate it.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Intigo.1653

extra button pushing or clicking is not cool. With signet of air u get a speed buff 100% of the time without the hassle plus you can spend your trait points elsewhere now. No more need more air magic.

You must be a terrible Elementalist.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Enlight.4576

Enlight.4576

This signet is still totally worthless. Just a waste as Ele can get perma-swift very easily.

Try to inform yourselves before complaining for an useless signet, lol.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Wow people really don’t like this skill it seems…

Just a question though – if someone was starting a new Ele and hadn’t made it to level 50 where they can first get inscription (and to my knowledge the earliest perma swiftness) would you still recommend other skills over this?

Additionally as a Staff user, this skill is still quite nice because Air attunement is simply too situational… if I’m running with a bunch of people doing DE there’s usually no point in entering this attunement because it’s better to just kill the mobs than bother with Static field. I still support the element swapping don’t get me wrong, but think that the title of ‘uesless’ still belongs to conjures and that our signets overall are fairly top notch.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Wow people really don’t like this skill it seems…

Just a question though – if someone was starting a new Ele and hadn’t made it to level 50 where they can first get inscription (and to my knowledge the earliest perma swiftness) would you still recommend other skills over this?

Additionally as a Staff user, this skill is still quite nice because Air attunement is simply too situational… if I’m running with a bunch of people doing DE there’s usually no point in entering this attunement because it’s better to just kill the mobs than bother with Static field. I still support the element swapping don’t get me wrong, but think that the title of ‘uesless’ still belongs to conjures and that our signets overall are fairly top notch.

Actually the earliest perma-swiftness is achievable at level 20.
D/D with Zephyr’s Boon can get permanent swiftness by using Shocking Aura, Updraft, and GoEH.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I decided to try this famous “perma swiftness” with staff today, while completing SoD map. So, I get my speed buff up, all dandy. Put static field up → blast in it → enter combat. In Orr it’s virtually impossible to use static field for speed without hitting at least one mob in the process(unless you wanna go to one of the 5 spots without mobs just to do that). Thus Signet of Air makes me very very happy when gathering ori and stuff and totally beats One with Air(especially since it wasn’t working, didn’t bother checking if they fixed it cause that puppy is useless now). Come to think of it…I should probably put the signet to the test. Oh, and aoe blind ain’t that bad…my build is pretty blindy so….

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You can get near-perma swiftness with just Windborne Speed and Glyph of Elemental Harmony. No need to jump through hoops.

With the +boon duration rune build however, using the earth/air combo, windborne speed and the glyph, one can get nearly a minute of swiftness.

So all in all, is Signet of Air a good skill now? Well, it’s ok. It’s redundant in most builds though, but there may be a few builds that can make use of it now. At least it’s somewhat usable compared to the other 3 signets. All in all, an ok change. Nothing great but not bad enough to complain about it either.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

How do you get perma-swiftness on S/D or S/F?

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I love how elementalists are so mobile as it is, we don’t even care about the signet change.

I would kill to have that signet on my mesmer.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

How do you get perma-swiftness on S/D or S/F?

Inscription as a trait in the air line, then put your healing skill and about 2 other skills on your bar as glyphs then use them in air.

You guys really work for your ‘perma’ swiftness on D/D it seems… you realize that if you use the above mentioned method you can sit there and find out that boons applied to you won’t go over 2 mins in length. At least I was able to find that out when I got bored and just kept using the glyphs when they came off of CD (including air #4 on staff).

No matter how hard you try can’t stack up more than 1 min 59 secs (at most) of swiftness.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: baalblade.8465

baalblade.8465

Tooltip icon still say 10%

Either someone is incompetent or just lying

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

So it is worthless because you people do not need it. Others will want alternate approach in their builds and use the signet only. They will call it useful. The bonus is good, it is by no means worthless… it is called variety.

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Seems to be fine for me in PvE, WvW and PvP. Do you have a non-English version?

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

You can get near-perma swiftness with just Windborne Speed and Glyph of Elemental Harmony. No need to jump through hoops.

With the +boon duration rune build however, using the earth/air combo, windborne speed and the glyph, one can get nearly a minute of swiftness.

So all in all, is Signet of Air a good skill now? Well, it’s ok. It’s redundant in most builds though, but there may be a few builds that can make use of it now. At least it’s somewhat usable compared to the other 3 signets. All in all, an ok change. Nothing great but not bad enough to complain about it either.

But when running around Orr there is a need to cleanse stuff. Often. Which makes ER a better skill(+lower cd). And you need certain runes to pull it off without static field. Anyway, I was just reminding D/D eles that just because their perma swiftness is “passive” thus making SoA useless, other weapons don’t have that luxury making SoA a pretty ok skill.

PS: Which of the 4 other signets would be the “usable” one?

Signet of Air

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Seems to be fine for me in PvE, WvW and PvP. Do you have a non-English version?

I believe he meant to say the buff icon, not the tool tip.

Necro buff icon also still says 10% (the tool tip is correct). However, it is certainly giving 25% speed bonus.

[AoN] All or Nothing