Signet of Restoration Revamp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Signet of Restoration (25 second cool down.)
Passive: Grants health every time you cast a spell.
Active: Grant Protection, Swiftness, Regeneration for 8 seconds.
Healing per cast: 392 (0.05)?

Now has a 0.8 second internal cool down.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Why such a drastic nerf?

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

Why such a drastic nerf?

It heals for more HP/s then Healing Signet with my change.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Why such a drastic nerf?

It heals for more HP/s then Healing Signet with my change.

Oh. I did the math wrong.

Anyhow, it’s halved in s/tPvP which is the main issue. Also, we need Ether for the Condition removal.

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

Anyone agree with it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Seems like it will be less healing for eles that were spamming spells? The 8 sec protection is huge though…until stolen by thief spamming boon steal.

Edit: Is this a real change or a Daecollo change?

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Why do you post such terrible ideas everywhere.

NO this doesn’t need an internal cool down… It needs a slight buff in healing. That is all. Stop trolling please.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

It’s already terrible enough that so few people even bother using it anymore. this would ensure NO ONE ever uses it. Agree with the guy above me, all it needs is a slight buff in the healing to be on par with the warrior’s signet heal.

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

It’s already terrible enough that so few people even bother using it anymore. this would ensure NO ONE ever uses it. Agree with the guy above me, all it needs is a slight buff in the healing to be on par with the warrior’s signet heal.

Warriors heal has an internal cool-down of 1 second to it every tick. It has no opportunity cost.

If you want yours buffed your going to need its opportunity cost adjusted.

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

Warriors heal has an internal cool-down of 1 second to it every tick. It has no opportunity cost.

Warriors also have a crap ton more HP and are WAY more survivable than ele by a longshot. Ele doesn’t need an internal cooldown, warrior does. You have any idea how much punishment I can take on my warrior with that signet healing me? It takes atleast 5-10 people to kill me, an i’m not even a full bunker spec anymore. Ele bunker can barely hold out against 1 person. It needs the healing way more than warrior or it needs a boost in base HP and armor. Also warrior has way more ways of mitigating damage altogether and way more mobility than ele as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

You also have to consider that warriors don’t have to do anything for their passive to heal them. The multiple heals we get from the current SoR are because we use instant skills in the middle of our other skills. If you add a .8 internal cd, that ruins it, so we’re basically just going off of the normal skill activations, making it it around the same anyway.

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

You also have to consider that warriors don’t have to do anything for their passive to heal them. The multiple heals we get from the current SoR are because we use instant skills in the middle of our other skills. If you add a .8 internal cd, that ruins it, so we’re basically just going off of the normal skill activations, making it it around the same anyway.

So it has a balanced healing?

You know why it was nerfed? Many Eles just used all there skills and abused the cool-down.

Making you wait a second or timing your attacks requires SKILL

You want the signet to be better, but you want all the frosting it provides ON TOP of that?

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

I was addressing your claim of your version being better healing than the warrior signet.

And no, nobody would wait to time the skills for healing signet, it wouldn’t nearly be worth the trade off for an extra few hundred hp compared to using a skill when you actually need it. It’s extra work yes, but it’d make you worse.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This kind of steps on Glyphs there would be no reason to take Glyph at all it has to be different enough. Thats why dwayna heal isn’t the defacto heal because it’s on a long cooldown but it has the highest heal amount usually.

The only problem with SOR is confusion(WvW) that my only problem with SOR. In s/tPvP the problem is that they just reduced the healing there the Signet still gets play The EA fix also reduced the healing because it was proccing like 3-4 times if you just did a EA dodge.

Bump the passive up on the heal and reduce the CD of the active to 15 seconds slight boost to the active base heal. Or Reduce the CD to 20 seconds with higher base heal 4k.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Focus better on important things, not ruining something working as intended.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Signet needs its “unintentional” procs back. That was a bigger nerf than the reduction in healing per cast.

Failing that, they should increase the current base healing amount by 50%+ to compensate for the loss. We went from getting 2-3 procs on dodge to zero.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Signet needs its “unintentional” procs back. That was a bigger nerf than the reduction in healing per cast.

Failing that, they should increase the current base healing amount by 50%+ to compensate for the loss. We went from getting 2-3 procs on dodge to zero.

Yea the “unintentional” procs where a bigger nerf/fix I agree. Should increase the base to compensate.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

You know why it was nerfed? Many Eles just used all there skills and abused the cool-down.

You want the signet to be better, but you want all the frosting it provides ON TOP of that?

It was nerfed because of all the terrible players who never understood how ele worked. Poison wrecks eles healing same as with warrior. It was perfectly balanced. I’d even go as far as to say the previous signet was underpowered and needed to be buffed. Because on the rare occasion you actually encountered a player with half a brain who actually bothered to make an ele himself and learn how the fracking class worked, the signet heal didn’t cut it. So yes, it does need a large buff. They were wrong for nerfing it as they were wrong with ALL the nerfs eles received mostly because of terribad thieves and warriors who equipped nothing but damage skills and expected to kill an ele who was traited to heal and be mobile. And warriors have been stupidly overbuffed now anyway so why shouldn’t ele atleast be buffed so it can be competitive? I’m actually bored with my warrior because of how easy things are since it’s god tier now. But there’s no point in playing any other class when you can play god mode. I’d like to go back to my ele, but it’s just not a viable class anymore and all the fun has been sucked out of it with overnerfing.

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

It was nerfed because of all the terrible players who never understood how ele worked. Poison wrecks eles healing same as with warrior. It was perfectly balanced. I’d even go as far as to say the previous signet was underpowered and needed to be buffed. Because on the rare occasion you actually encountered a player with half a brain who actually bothered to make an ele himself and learn how the fracking class worked, the signet heal didn’t cut it. So yes, it does need a large buff. They were wrong for nerfing it as they were wrong with ALL the nerfs eles received mostly because of terribad thieves and warriors who equipped nothing but damage skills and expected to kill an ele who was traited to heal and be mobile. And warriors have been stupidly overbuffed now anyway so why shouldn’t ele atleast be buffed so it can be competitive? I’m actually bored with my warrior because of how easy things are since it’s god tier now. But there’s no point in playing any other class when you can play god mode. I’d like to go back to my ele, but it’s just not a viable class anymore and all the fun has been sucked out of it with overnerfing.

I don’t think you saw the tournaments, it all looked pretty balanced to me.

Yes, Ele was over-nerfed. However before it was rather ridiculous.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I don’t think you saw the tournaments, it all looked pretty balanced to me.

Yes, Ele was over-nerfed. However before it was rather ridiculous.

Ele was never ridiculous. The only problem was with being unable to pin down and kill a cantrip bunker, because he could always pop an escape, leave, heal up and come back to harass the point again. Forcing him to run away wasn’t hard for any class because ele was never a very strong fighting class. It’s out damaged by everyone, and even before all the nerfs, its healing could be blown through fairly quickly if the ele tried to stick around instead of hit and run harassment. It had a tiny little niche, and ANet destroyed an already weak class to remove it.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Are you seriously calling that an internal cooldown? That’s like saying regeneration and damaging boons have an internal cooldown.

The solution is to keep passive effects from healing signets lower and buff their actives to make them worthwhile but not passive play.

As for opportunity cost? Here’s the definition: benefits lost when pursuing a particular course of action instead of a mutually-exclusive alternative

What opportunity cost does Healing Signet have that Signet of Restoration never had? The answer is nothing.

Signet of restoration is inherently weaker than Healing Signet because it requires higher APM for maximum efficacy with a fraction of the healing. This not only makes it vulnerable to what is essentially the only counter for Healing Signet, it’s also vulnerable to confusion, daze, stun, even stealth to a degree.

(edited by Leuca.5732)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

This is probably a stupid idea (it’s mine after all), make the base healing lower, but have it multiply based on cast time. So stuff like Churning Earth and Meteor Shower have the side effect of providing healing to us as well, while we can still spam stuff like Lightning Whip to get rapid-fire heals off.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

you mean like burst heals in channels and bit sustained heal in rapid casts?

in Elementalist

Leuca.5732

This is probably a stupid idea (it’s mine after all), make the base healing lower, but have it multiply based on cast time. So stuff like Churning Earth and Meteor Shower have the side effect of providing healing to us as well, while we can still spam stuff like Lightning Whip to get rapid-fire heals off.

That’s a better idea than the OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Or make the healing based on the number of targets hit :p (i know i’m dreaming)

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

You know Daecollo, there is already a way to have protection, swiftness, fury and regeneration while using signet of restoration. Why should we agree with this kind of change while the only thing you add is a pretty nerf?
By the way, if this changes happened no elementalist would even take a look at Glyph of elemental harmony.

PS.: Before anyone ask how you can have prot, swiftness, fury and regen on Signet of restoration. That’s a pretty old and easy going build called “auramancer”. For regen, use rune of dwayna or whatever rune set that give you regen on healing skill use.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

You know Daecollo, there is already a way to have protection, swiftness, fury and regeneration while using signet of restoration. Why should we agree with this kind of change while the only thing you add is a pretty nerf?
By the way, if this changes happened no elementalist would even take a look at Glyph of elemental harmony.

PS.: Before anyone ask how you can have prot, swiftness, fury and regen on Signet of restoration. That’s a pretty old and easy going build called “auramancer”. For regen, use rune of dwayna or whatever rune set that give you regen on healing skill use.

Yes, and every Ele in the game is 0/0/0/0/30

I’m trying to bring people away from that spec.

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Fresh Air builds don’t run 30 arcana, and they’re some of the better builds left.
I’d say 30 arcana is a good deal less common than it used to be although still not enough.

Either way, this change wouldn’t do anything to that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

The Build I’m talking about Daecollo is a 20/10/30/10/0 build. Absolutely no point in arcana and this build work just fine like this. With this build and your new signet, I would be able to have perma protection and perma swiftness and I know, it’s unbalance when you are able to do this kind of things.

There is no need to change the way skill work to change the (false) fact that every Ele run 30 in arcana. You just have to exploit what the other trait line can do. The auramancer build for exemple is a lazy build that depend a lot of signet. With this build, you got boons, good survivability, nice damage (gear for power and you are good or gear for condi, you’ll rock to), good cc, a breakstun. It’s not popular because it lack the nervousness that’s needed in pvp. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanksfully, there is more than pvp in this game.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

You clearly have zero idea of what you’re talking about, so why talk?

You don’t even play elementalist. You admitted it! It didn’t take much convincing based on your ideas.

There is no “opportunity cost” with warrior signet. It ticks JUST like regeneration. In fact, it basically is regenerationX2.

Ele heal doesn’t frequently give 1/4 what the warrior signet gives. It should give just as much or even more based on the fact that we are a CLOTH class expected to fight within melee range.

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

You don’t even play elementalist. You admitted it! It didn’t take much convincing based on your ideas.

There is no “opportunity cost” with warrior signet. It ticks JUST like regeneration. In fact, it basically is regenerationX2.

Ele heal doesn’t frequently give 1/4 what the warrior signet gives. It should give just as much or even more based on the fact that we are a CLOTH class expected to fight within melee range.

Of course its a unique #6, however its a #6, you give up all your burst healing for it and it has its weaknesses as well.

However SoR can also be a burst heal, by spamming instant spells, or using its active. It has “Opportunity Cost.” and has more HP/S then HS right now.

in Elementalist

Leuca.5732

Of course its a unique #6, however its a #6, you give up all your burst healing for it and it has its weaknesses as well.

However SoR can also be a burst heal, by spamming instant spells, or using its active. It has “Opportunity Cost.” and has more HP/S then HS right now.

You must consistently use an average of slightly more than two triggering actions per second to outheal Healing Signet at base amounts, and it only starts be be slightly less than two when you are approaching maximum amounts of healing power. With the same base counter that Healing Signet has (poison) plus all of the other counters that have to do with skills successfully activating, there is absolutely no way an ele can outheal a warrior using Signet of Restoration under normal circumstances outside of select PvE situations.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

The poster above me is correct. You are not.

Yet again. We have three utilities, of which, only two are typically instant these days. I do not know what you are on, but please share it because your fantasy world seems fun. Eles are averaging about one skill per second, especially considering our channel skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I wish that our signet would heal the same way the warrior signet does. You get almost nothing from it as a staff wielder. I wonder why they call it “passive heal”, when you have to be actively hitting something to trigger the effect, and satan forbid that it heals when we have to flee (not a rare occurance for an ele).

A shame they nerfed it. Never thought a bunker build could cause such destruction for ele build potential..

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I wish that our signet would heal the same way the warrior signet does. You get almost nothing from it as a staff wielder. I wonder why they call it “passive heal”, when you have to be actively hitting something to trigger the effect, and satan forbid that it heals when we have to flee (not a rare occurance for an ele).

A shame they nerfed it. Never thought a bunker build could cause such destruction for ele build potential..

One of its saving graces is you don’t have to be hitting someone for it to heal. It heals on any skill use while in combat.

You can use it while running, but it isn’t amazing while running.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mshinga.6540

mshinga.6540

I disagree with the initial suggestion and agree with the above posters who call for a healing increase. I honestly only run this while doing a bleed and burn build using s/d because the attack rate us fast enough that healing is meaningful and you can still kite a foe so as to avoid dmg. While the boons are nice this is not a Glyph so I do not approve signets grant passive effects which is why they don’t have boons associated.

In the end without written in stone I don’t see the point in using this over renewal or glyph.

in Elementalist

Leuca.5732

One of its saving graces is you don’t have to be hitting someone for it to heal. It heals on any skill use while in combat.

You can use it while running, but it isn’t amazing while running.

Unfortunately the ele has skills that also require a target/have a significant activation time.

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

I’d rather they change it just to be exactly like warrior’s healing signet. It should actually be a little stronger that warrior’s heal since they have adrenaline healing as well and we have nothing that will constantly regen us unless we stupidly stay in water all the time, which would be suicide. And it’s very easy to stay at full adrenaline for me even though I use my burst skills quite often. An equip and forget skill, that keeps me at full health all the time. And if someone somehow hurts me, I have my shout heals which do almost 3k each. With ele i’d have my dodge heal and burst heal when attuning to water for about 2k each. Warrior would still outheal me, but it’s a good start atleast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Daecollo now taking you away from 30 arcana, sheep herding you to 30 earth! Daecollo’s destiny is Written in stone! Shall our Rping Friend fullfil his destiny he shall face the final challenge; an evil mirror that will contradict his triumph!

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

(edited by Cries Of Sorrow.5864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Heal sig would be a lot more useful if Elementalists could stack any toughness at all without pulling aggro from the entire rest of their group. At least that’s been my experience.

IF eles could stack toughness without it affecting aggro, we’d be able to reduce incoming damage, thereby making the heal-per-spell amount more useful. It could still probably use a slight increase in healing regardless. As a side effect, it would also make the earth trait line, which grants toughness and buffs signets, more appealing. Nice little circle there.

The only problem besides needing a slight increase in per-cast healing is the aggro calculation system. WvW and PvP are obviously a totally different animal.

(edited by Vick.6805)