Signets builds are officially Dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

The only reason to take signets in the past was the AWESOME trait synergy between fire’s embrace + elemental shielding + blinding ashes. Could take all that and still trait for -signet cooldowns. Written in stone isn’t a trait, its an abomination, anyone that takes it is a fool. Most signet builds didn’t even use written in stone since it was such crap beforehand. Now we got a useful cooldown reduction trait rolled into something super terrible. We went from having 2 good traits and 1 bad signet trait to… 1 bad signet trait.

Whoever came up with the idea for power overwhelming is an idiot, why the hell do ele’s need two conversion to condi damage traits? News flash condi damage still scales incredibly poor and is not worth getting. There has been no other class that has had good traits removed for crappy conversion one.

Conjurer needs to be buffed back with when signets are used, gain fire aura. Like legit they were thinking of ways to buff it during the dev release, and then they just gave up… fantastic. Remove the AoE from blinding ashes and bring it back down to 3s icd like it was said in the dev release.

Very disappointing. All the people playing meta ele builds complain and the devs bend over and make the meta builds way stronger. Signets nerfed to the status of glyph builds.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

in Elementalist

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

I have been playing a condi, signet ele and even post patch it’s op as hell in wvw, I know the synergy you mentioned is removed and I missed it too at first but the amount of burn damage I inflict is so high after I interrupt with my focus 5 on air attunement and pop both the signet of fire and earth then switch to fire to inflict even more burn stacks my opponent does not even have time to react haha!!! I play the d/focus condi ele with stone heart or diamond skin depending on circumstances
Anyway I kid you not in a 1v1 situation unless some pesky thief backstabbed me when I had a different grandmaster on earth other than stone heart I have not lost since, maybe you need to change your gear or move some traits around, especially since condi ele is full dire you should be extra tanky, anyway I don’t know about you but as I recall I did not take the signet reduction trait pre patch so I don’t really miss it but I still fared well against other players, heck I haven’t lost to a d/d cele ele on my condi ele (maybe they were bad maybe they weren’t who knows)

Anyway don’t give up on condi ele ignore the meta train we need more elemetalist being weaned off that build

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

Your post is very reassuring. I think I might swap out my scepter and go with d/f like you said. I’ll miss dragon tooth and stone shards/rock barrier but oh well.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

The ‘signet-aura’ build to be precise, but signets are still good in certain situations if you know what you want to do with them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Running triple signet build, loose only to pure shatter mesmer and condinoobmesmer. But sure, signet build are dead :x

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Is Written in Stone still bugged ? I think that the other two grandmaster traits are useless in PVE as mobs don’t have critical hits and most of their attacks are not condtion ones.
What is the best healing skill for a zerker in PVE ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

signet builds were never really alive. the signets themselves are just too weak, the fire aura trigger was the only thing that made them remotely interesting.

Anet apparently really want everyone to only run water/arcane/cantrips.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

If you really want to play a signet build on any class, I suggest playing necromancer. Their new signet trait makes signets stack might, and corrupt boons, on top of the crazy condi-bomb/transfers some of the signets can do naturally.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

signet thief also decent.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure signet build on all classes (I have all class but warrior and Mesmer) is always the lazy build you take when you open world PvE by yourself. It’s not something to take anywhere else. Even Dungeons, Fractals, PvP and WvW.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Signet builds are not dead

Broski

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

a prophecy soon to come?

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Written in Stone as far as i can tell gives you doable signet effect due to it applying the signet effect longer then the cd or the signet used. 3 signet builds are good right now.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

a prophecy soon to come?

I’m quite lazy atm, but should I make a video?

Broski

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Running triple signet build, loose only to pure shatter mesmer and condinoobmesmer. But sure, signet build are dead :x

Actually duo/triple signet is the only thing I run against all roamers in T1 wvw, duo signet build is what has allowed me to defeat some very powerful shatter mesmer.
I use a hybrid condi/power build with 2 signets: fire and earth; D/F – E/W/A ( written in stone, which is invaluable for me) and I faced quite skilled opponent : some Platinum, Mythril knight champion illusionist and yeah I still get killed if I do more than couple mistakes, I use the signets to apply constant pressure when mesmers decide to sit at 1200 range in order to recover CD, without the signets , the mesmer would be able to recover easily while keeping distance.

Now that burning can stack, the signet of fire has become quite the tool and signet of earth can be used to catch fleeing targets like GS warriors who lost the fight, but yes in the end I love the signets because thx to them I can apply good ranged pressure

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Actually duo/triple signet is the only thing I run against all roamers in T1 wvw, duo signet build is what has allowed me to defeat some very powerful shatter mesmer.
I use a hybrid condi/power build with 2 signets: fire and earth; D/F – E/W/A ( written in stone, which is invaluable for me) and I faced quite skilled opponent : some Platinum, Mythril knight champion illusionist and yeah I still get killed if I do more than couple mistakes, I use the signets to apply constant pressure when mesmers decide to sit at 1200 range in order to recover CD, without the signets , the mesmer would be able to recover easily while keeping distance.

Now that burning can stack, the signet of fire has become quite the tool and signet of earth can be used to catch fleeing targets like GS warriors who lost the fight, but yes in the end I love the signets because thx to them I can apply good ranged pressure

Ty bro, finnaly someone using his brain instead of whinning

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

More like, he’s only fighting incompetent players who don’t dodge the very obvious & telegraphed slow signet cast…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

More like, he’s only fighting incompetent players who don’t dodge the very obvious & telegraphed slow signet cast…

With this game community:

1) If you lose..you’re bad and need to L2P
2) if you win..you’re OP and a noob carried by class

Basically….why even try to have a discussion?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Haha, I remember watching Caith duel Nos when they were able to try the specs for the first time and he just couldn’t dodge Singet of Spite at all.

But I agree that signets have one of the easiest animations to dodge.