SigofEarth/ArmorofEarth for pve roamer ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jitson.6051

Jitson.6051

Hello, I am trying to get my Ele into doing HoT maps+metas more regularly, but am struggling to survive, specifically when soloing small events or mobs.

So my current build is:
Dagger/Focus
Berserker armor
Sup Runes of Flame Legion
Some Power/Vit/Tough accessories, 1 celestial, 1 heal/tough/condi iirc

Heal+Utilites:
Water shout
Fire shout
Sig of Fire
Sig of Earth*
Glyph of Elementals

Any quick feedback/tips on how to survive better is appreciated. But specifically is there any way to increase survivability through using SigofEarth/ ArmorofEarth/ MistForm etc.? And which do you think is better for my roamy style of play? I’m planning of experimenting some more later today, but early feedback is appreciated.

I have no problem contributing dps when meta events/bosses come around and I’m in a group, it’s just the in between like roaming VB during night, I just get hung up on small groups or unable to retake camps solo etc. that put me in a bummer. Thanks in advance!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stahlic.9458

Stahlic.9458

Tempest’s really aren’t intended to be soloing small events-namely in HoT zones. The damage you’ll take far exceeds your survivability when running a DPS build.

You could alternatively run staff, and I’d even recommend just running full DPS accessories. Arcane Shield and Aftershock can help with ranged mobs, just kite the rest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jitson.6051

Jitson.6051

Doh, i totally forgot about Staff, that simplifies things. Thanks for the utility suggestions also!

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

air/earth/tempest dagger fresh air — you can have permanent protection, good condition resistance, and still do tons of damage. spam air overload and your auras

in addition to aftershock, glyph of storms (in earth) is also a great defensive utility