Skills from GW that I miss

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

Meteor. and Meteor shower. Not sure why it is not here (meteor) but it was quite a spell. Same with meteor shower – it came with a cost handicapping you but when it hits you kind of feel it. One of those two was always on my skill bar.

Double Dragon (double fire attack). All other elite damaging spells actually. The brought a flavour to the battle. I still remember those train builds where the ele casts armor of earth and basically nuking me in coulple of seconds from point blank range with Double Dragon as a finisher. Sure, there has to be balance and I am not demanding to get the GW behavior but such skills do make things more versatile. People who played GW know what I am saying.

Same for mesmer’s hexes.

I hope such skills will be implemented in future. Maybe not with the same power, for sure, but with similar ideas.

What about you?

(edited by Azrael.1408)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Battery.5930

Battery.5930

Meteor was on the fire staff but the community wanted a meteor shower so that is what we have now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Meteor is on boulder bundle isn’t it? Boulder 1 throw rock and kd, boulder 2 (ele only) meteor?

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Meteor is on boulder bundle isn’t it? Boulder 1 throw rock and kd, boulder 2 (ele only) meteor?

Sadly yeah,and even then on some boulders….seems bit random

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Rodgort’s Invocation. Yeah, Dragon’s Tooth is basically the same thing, but it has that silly delay…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mindshard.3572

Mindshard.3572

Meteor. and Meteor shower. Not sure why it is not here (meteor) but it was quite a spell. Same with meteor shower – it came with a cost handicapping you but when it hits you kind of feel it. One of those two was always on my skill bar.

Double Dragon (double fire attack). All other elite damaging spells actually. The brought a flavour to the battle. I still remember those train builds where the ele casts armor of earth and basically nuking me in coulple of seconds from point blank range with Double Dragon as a finisher. Sure, there has to be balance and I am not demanding to get the GW behavior but such skills do make things more versatile. People who played GW know what I am saying.

Same for mesmer’s hexes.

I hope such skills will be implemented in future. Maybe not with the same power, for sure, but with similar ideas.

What about you?

Oh man I miss mesmer hexes! You basically just trolled your opponent knowing if they tried to kill you, they’d die first.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

The current “meteor” wannabe skill is a total joke in comparison to gw1, its bloody awfull for hiting anything besides HUGE bosses or constructions, the randomness crap is just not worth the use of this skill in most situations, it also does not KD, again, a joke in comparison to elementalist gw1 meteor shower.
This game strategy wise is limited to how u move ur char and casting the skills at a determined time, thats all this game is reduced to tbh, the reason why i liked gw1 was because u had so many options, so many viable builds you could make, your skillbar skill choices actually mattered and had a big impact on the gameplay, elite skills were rightfully elite, liberty to choose whatever skill u wanted in your skill bar unlike this game and so on, in everything except graphics and the swiming/jumping ability, gw1 wins for me and it doesnt win just barely it wins by alot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: metalsonic.2503

metalsonic.2503

Doesn’t matter at the moment elementalist = useless.