So Ele was nerfed into trash tier?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Yet every team in the finals ran 1.

Can we now move all conversations about game balance and not woe is me? Besides nerfing of revs what part of ele or other classes need to be change so the unrepresented classes can get a turn?

thx

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I tried to tell people Ele was just fine. There’s two problems. 1 it’s not “what people WANT to play”, because that somehow affects the reality of balance. And secondly, many Eles were bad and crutched on a very easy build and for a while had no idea what to do with themselves once they couldn’t equip a Celestial Amulet.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

ele only gets played because it’s the only playable dedicated support. you can’t play bunker guard because the healing numbers are too low and it dies too fast, and druid’s support is less accessible.
if it was possible to play without a support you wouldn’t see eles in teams anymore, but we saw what happens if you try playing without.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

It is the exact same build, just with an even tankier amulet. So eles are just support bots, with no other option. Yay?

Also ESL teams have to bring 4 different professions, to stop revenant stacking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Don’t worry if you go in the pvp forum ele is already being called for another nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

In a team game, support always has a place. Ele is the best class at support. However, it is indeed trash tier at doing anything else. Ele has literally 1 build. If you were paying attention, that is what people (who know what they’re talking about) have been complaining about.

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

In a team game, support always has a place. Ele is the best class at support. However, it is indeed trash tier at doing anything else. Ele has literally 1 build. If you were paying attention, that is what people (who know what they’re talking about) have been complaining about.

So ele has one build…same can be said for necro engi mesmer and ranger. The only class that has more is rev who btw was the only stacked class.

The rest of the classes have zero builds.

Ele is fine and the players who playou it have nothing to complain about and should just be filed under misplaced self entitlement

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

So ele has one build…same can be said for necro engi mesmer and ranger. The only class that has more is rev who btw was the only stacked class.

Ele is fine and the players who playou it have nothing to complain about and should just be filed under misplaced self entitlement

Necro engi and ranger all have more than one build. Mesmer doesn’t really have a good one so I’ll give you that. As for your self entitlement claim if you could shove that, I’d appreciate it. Thanks have a nice day

(edited by Keadron.9570)

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

Necro engi and ranger all have more than one build. Mesmer doesn’t really have a good one so I’ll give you that. As for your self entitlement claim if you could shove that, I’d appreciate it. Thanks have a nice day

More than one was used in the finals??? Either way you can’t deny every team had an ele and complaining about ur defined role is spitting in the faces of all the Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief and Warrior players out there

Perfect example of EPSES (Ele Player Self Entitlement Syndrome)

So what needs toning down I’ve noticed not one of ya want to be constructive.

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

How exactly is coming to the elementalist forum, saying they’re fine and anyone who disagrees is suffering from self entitlement syndrome in any way constructive?

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

How exactly is coming to the elementalist forum, saying they’re fine and anyone who disagrees is suffering from self entitlement syndrome in any way constructive?

Obviously the devs aren’t the greatest at balancing and coming together as a community to demand/suggest proper balance would be a boon for overall health of this game.

Now since HoT betas (not gonna even delve into the comments or whining during the DD cele ele era) ele players have been predicting trash tier for thier class. As a player who’s only interest is overall game balance I’ve had to wade through pages and pages of this while getting shouted down on trying to get overall balance achieved.

Meanwhile the entire time the ele class has never been in danger of not being meta.

I had hoped after the last round of “OMG ele so unviable now” being once again disproven we could get serious discussion on regards to game balance. The problem it seems though that being the most OP class to ever walk in this game has lead to a sense of self entitlement. I was hoping it was gone but I’m starting to think it’ll never leave now. Sad really

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

And now it seems you have joined those shouting down rather than rising above. If you want balance that’s great but goin how you have in this thread isn’t going to help you. It just makes you out to be a

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

And now it seems you have joined those shouting down rather than rising above. If you want balance that’s great but goin how you have in this thread isn’t going to help you. It just makes you out to be a

I started the thread in a very open and constructive way.

I literally asked for ideas to change about the entire game….lol

Once again please leave your ideas.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Here is what you need to be done with the broken auramancer build.

1. “Wash the Pain Away!” Reduce healing to allies by 50%. Additionnally, increase area of first pulse to 240, up from 180; increase second pulse to 360, up from 240.

That one reduce the maximum heal gains, but it will also reduce the danger of fully commiting into that full heal on allies. Safer distance, but less heal.

2. Bring Geomancer’s Training and Elemental Shielding at the same trait tier to force a choice between one or the other.

It is currently a no-brainer to pick both these traits with Dagger / Focus auramancer. Both traits are so good on that build that they could be qualified as grandmaster. Both should be at master tier, competing against eachother. This also balances the Earth Line for other weapon sets and builds.

Buffs.

1. Reduce the recharge of Overloads to 15 seconds, down from 20.

2. Increase the protection duration from hardy conduit to 5 seconds, up from 3.

That’s the core changes that should happen to elementalist as a whole before looking at quality of life changes of other weapon sets, and specific utilities changes.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Obviously the devs aren’t the greatest at balancing and coming together as a community to demand/suggest proper balance would be a boon for overall health of this game.

Now since HoT betas (not gonna even delve into the comments or whining during the DD cele ele era) ele players have been predicting trash tier for thier class. As a player who’s only interest is overall game balance I’ve had to wade through pages and pages of this while getting shouted down on trying to get overall balance achieved.

Meanwhile the entire time the ele class has never been in danger of not being meta.

I had hoped after the last round of “OMG ele so unviable now” being once again disproven we could get serious discussion on regards to game balance. The problem it seems though that being the most OP class to ever walk in this game has lead to a sense of self entitlement. I was hoping it was gone but I’m starting to think it’ll never leave now. Sad really

Hoping for class to be unviable isn’t issue its justice.

I don’t watch esports, I don’t visit metabattle and don’t care about what pro’ players bring to matchup. I’m rather weak player, but yet I will complain abut ele, becouse its lacks so much.

Ele didn’t get more build viability its just renamed from cele to auramancer.
————-
For sake of my gameplay I suggest trait in fireline that will remove retaliation from enemies whenever I burn them and reduce incoming dmg from retaliation by 50%. For sake of my meteor shower. + Geyser and Healing Rain instant cast. +Blast finisher in water to not be gated to eruption/arcane brilliance/arance wave.

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

Hoping for class to be unviable isn’t issue its justice.

I don’t watch esports, I don’t visit metabattle and don’t care about what pro’ players bring to matchup. I’m rather weak player, but yet I will complain abut ele, becouse its lacks so much.

Ele didn’t get more build viability its just renamed from cele to auramancer.
————-
For sake of my gameplay I suggest trait in fireline that will remove retaliation from enemies whenever I burn them and reduce incoming dmg from retaliation by 50%. For sake of my meteor shower. + Geyser and Healing Rain instant cast. +Blast finisher in water to not be gated to eruption/arcane brilliance/arance wave.

Thanks for your input and I dont wish for ele to be unviable. Nope I want all classes to be viable instead.

That being said I do think the problems you are having is not class based persay but more along the lines of you needing to come to terms with your class. I came to terms with mine a long time ago, and actually realized somethings needed to be changed for the good of the game and for the bad for my class.

That’s ok b/c I do play all classes to some extent.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

it’s definetely not a trash tier. it’s very strong. BUT. it’s strong only on D/F. which is a very dull and passive build.. i enjoy mostly ( and many eles do ) D/D. ir even S/F. but yea.. those are really trash tier compared to D/F. so yup.. buff D/D or S/F or i’ll fall asleep playing D/F. and in general.. when will anet realise that they need to push on active builds rather then passive ones being OP. passive builds makes people sleep and log out. make arcane viable. make air viable. make D/D viable. then it will be fun. for now.. lets just sleep and hold points half afk.

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

ele is forced into support auramancer and isn´t even first choice. Its played in tourneys because of the class rules. Also it was clear. Removing amulets but leaving clerics?
Toughness + Healing is the main thing needed. Those builds go for survival and support. Damage is just secondary. Cele was so good because all stats were useful. Clerics is even more bunkerish. Removal of cele did mainly hit eles damage and thus his 1:1 capabilities. But using clerics increases hid support and focus fire hardness …
Without cele he is no more jack of all, hes now branded as support and after not being able to take 2 scrapper or revs ele is the next best choice for support and brings second best helaig after druid which is easy to apply whic his also supportive.
So a clerics ele can hold a point in 1:1 against all power builds long enough and add very good to any teamfight. It also is OK against condies with heavy cleaning so while not the best here it´s not a real weakness. The only weakness is it can´t kill.
Nerving ele more would be totally bullkitten. You can take away clerics, but this will just weaken all healing/support builds. Ele will still be picked because regardless of amulet od if ele is garbage compared to other it will be the best support pick to fill the fifth place. This means its a global design flaw in balance not ele being to good.
And another thing. Depending on the rules there will be always a few team compositions as long as classes are not offering diffrent team strategies/compositions.
When all competative teamy run nearly the same class composition, then you know its garbage and unbalanced. Ele is just the one class that got lucky to get the fifth spot with a support build.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Except what is played there isn’t really an Elementalist anymore, it’s a Monk pretending to be an Elementalist.

When I first read about them not planning to include the Monk profession in GW2 I immediately thought this was a horrible idea, as a two Monk backline had always been the core of competitive GW1 and it was hard to imagine competitive PvP without a dedicated healer/support class. Now it seems they have finally realized this and changed their mind about it, which in a way is good thing, but as always, ANet still manages to kitten it up in the most hilarious way possible, which is by morphing the Elementalist into a Monk, instead of tossing the Revenant (its a bullkitten concept anyways) into the trashbin and actually bringing the Monk profession back into the game with the expansion. Which would have also gotten them a chance at actually designing a support class that is challenging and fun to play, rather smashing your head on the keyboard for AoE heals and condi cleanses by triggering passive effects on skillspam.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Most people didn’t make an elementalist, aka a mage with explosions and fireballs to be a support bot using the most boring weapon combination.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

This reminds me of when you all cried about tempest being trash when it was revealed. I was legit the only one defending it those days.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

This reminds me of when you all cried about tempest being trash when it was revealed. I was legit the only one defending it those days.

People disliked it because it offered the same Ele, not like a new Chronomancer. It’s an Ele++. Then they disliked more because everyone was expecting a DPS spec, with massive damage (it’s a freaking Tempest!), and it turned out to be a heal bot.

You may not realize it, but many Ele players are bored of being a healbot. In fact, right now Ele has no other build in PvP except being a heal bot. That’s why people complain again.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

People disliked it because it offered the same Ele, not like a new Chronomancer. It’s an Ele++. Then they disliked more because everyone was expecting a DPS spec, with massive damage (it’s a freaking Tempest!), and it turned out to be a heal bot.

You may not realize it, but many Ele players are bored of being a healbot. In fact, right now Ele has no other build in PvP except being a heal bot. That’s why people complain again.

Personally I thought it was cool because I like warhorns. I think they’re cool. I guess you could go offensive with menders and be alright now that that’s finally in their game. I just find it ironic, since most people didn’t think that tempest would be ever used at all over fwa d/d ele those days and that its be a nerf to take tempest over arcane.

Anyway if you’re so bored of this game I encourage you to play something else. That’s what I did, and honestly my life has never been happier.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Personally I thought it was cool because I like warhorns. I think they’re cool. I guess you could go offensive with menders and be alright now that that’s finally in their game. I just find it ironic, since most people didn’t think that tempest would be ever used at all over fwa d/d ele those days and that its be a nerf to take tempest over arcane.

That’s only because the specializations itself was buffed quite severely during the betas. The traits in the first beta was crappy, the warhorn still is outside of air for damage and water for a water field.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

If you go damage with Tempest, you eventually run out of cooldowns because the 20 seconds recharge is too much. This issue is not noticed because most dps Tempests use fresh air and spam the air overload.

I say, reduce this recharge to 15 seconds.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I tried to tell people Ele was just fine. .

Its a support bot only, no damage at all, so no I don’t class that as fine

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

And ele was present on every team. Ele is fine.

There are classes that actually need help.

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Only mesmer and warrior in terms of focus and revs in terms of needing a nerf, but that doesn’t mean eles are fine. Anet should be able to work on every class simultaneously.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Ele isn’t in “trash” tier, it’s in “boring” tier.

What was fun about the class has been completely destroyed or removed from the game. It was an amazing class to play the first year and a half the game was out.

Build variety is just gone. If you’re new to the game maybe you don’t realize it, but if have played it since the beginning you cant help but notice how lame playing elementalist has become.

Ok back to some other game.

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

Only mesmer and warrior in terms of focus and revs in terms of needing a nerf, but that doesn’t mean eles are fine. Anet should be able to work on every class simultaneously.

Every team had an ele.

Ele is fine.

Guardian Thief Warrior need immediate help while Mesmer Ranger need to be looked at.

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

Every team had an ele.

Ele is fine.

Guardian Thief Warrior need immediate help while Mesmer Ranger need to be looked at.

Ele = heal bot, so depends on your definition of “fine”

in Elementalist

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

First of all, if ya wanna talk about balance you need proper insights and understanding of the game.

Post HOT ele wasnt meta in pvp at all, mesmer was way better for support and ele simply hard countered DH and Reaper, which made it a popular popular pick in ranked. However at the time in pro league the most succesful teams did not run ele. It was in fact in danger yet most players in ranked did not realise this, in the same manner that you yourself apperantly did not realise it.

Now after the big balancing patch you cannot pick Druids/Guardians/Mesmers for support. Yet there is still a need for support especially with the current itteration of reaper and thus we are seeing cleric ele at every team.

As for balancing, I dont see why you would consider Ele OP, other professions simply need a buff to their support qualities. Reaper might need some slight shaves to it’s condition pressure. Ele’s give up everything to be effective support characters and they lack damage/mobility and guess what, they do great at just that, support so they are on every team.

Most ele players expect to deal damage, yet they cannot bring damage builds in serious matches. The only problem is your lack of insight and understanding of balance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I hate to break it down to you but cleric ele is exactly the same as cele ele, not hard to play. It’s actually more forgiving in terms of support, you spam heals over and over. You don’t even need to think about it.

Ele is trash tier, since what’s currently is played isn’t ele. It’s a healbot who wouldn’t be touched if guardiands or druids were better in support/there was no stacking rule. So is the class fine? Not really, it’s been pushed over and over into one build which is getting more and more strict. We used to be play fresh air at some decent level, that’s long gone.

Tempest is not what ele used to be in terms of playstale and definitely not what the class should have been or what they presented it as. While there was one ele on each team, there are less and less eles in unranked. It’s not like they took ele because it’s good, they took it because they had no other choice in terms of support.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Are you guys still arguing with the OP?….let it go..he clearly doesn’t understand or simply doesn’t want to understand

in Elementalist

Posted by: TeeRexx.6570

TeeRexx.6570

He understands, he just wants to come to the ele forum and be like “Stop complaining about the state of your class, look! Esports players play them!” and kitten people off.

It’s like another popular esport taking Irelia and turning her into soraka and being like “guise you can totally still play irelia don’t complain”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

Can we now move all conversations about game balance and not woe is me? Besides nerfing of revs what part of ele or other classes need to be change so the unrepresented classes can get a turn?

thx

I saw some matches and oh lord, those ele crits from 400 dmg sure were totally devastating! Or that OP survability: every single time an ele was downed it was just a kind gesture to their opponents, as ofc with such perfect defenses they could totally resist 5vs1 focus fire. And the mobility, with all those focus mobility skills they picked lightning flash! what a bunch of trolls!. I cant wistand it, ele is so stronk, just nerf it to the ground please!!!!

Irony mode off: Maybe is not what must be changed in eles, necros and engineers but what must be improved in rangers, warriors, thiefs and guardians. Because if eles were such a broken healing machine that makes other classes totally immortal, its not strange that they picked 2 revs and not 2 eles? Wont it be fair more easy to win with 2 points perma capped?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Oh look it’s the same dude campaigning for rev nerfs on 4 different forums.

There is a reason devs stay on reddit rather than sifting through all this tosh

in Elementalist

Azukas.1426

Are you guys still arguing with the OP?….let it go..he clearly doesn’t understand or simply doesn’t want to understand

Says the fella who begged Anet not to nerf Turret Engies……

So on topic what do you think could be done to get the rest of the classes in the meta?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

that a dev sits down and goes through evry class getting a picture and this dev also reads the forums and is capable of identifying the useful information between all the garbage posts. Then traits and skills are tweaked to get more build diversity starting at the less playerd classes to brign them up. This all by keeping in mind some unique roles in classes for allowing diffrent team compositions (Strategies) that propably even counter each other …. If you strive only for total balance it won´t work. It will never be perfect and result in smaller metas and it will get booring if all are the same. If you balace, give roles and allow for build counters then you will get diversity and slight power inbalances won´t matter so much.
If you go for power creep, blunt meta swinging, low build diverstiy and making all classes the same just with diffrent effects, then people will get totaly bored and wait for the next game to come out …

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

You know, it’s kinda silly to complain about tempest being support when it was created as supportive spec. Ele isn’t viable for damage becouse none of core classes are viable for damage anymore. Elite specs introduced a lot of power creep, and the issue is universal, not ele-focused.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

So on topic what do you think could be done to get the rest of the classes in the meta?

When anet nerfed the turret engies….it’s when the game started to crumble, it was the time forum rants won and that sent a clear message to people…

If you whine enough, make enough of a scene with strawman evidence and exaggerations…you can get what you want from the devs aka more nerfs for enemies and more buffs for yourself

I was against nerf to turret engies because I knew it would encourage people to whine even harder on the forum, the devs ruined the game by listening to rants

The build had clear disadvantages and had counterplay….more than current powercreep

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Yesterday in a match when I was playing my druid, a Cleric Ele cast me Air Overload when I had protection, it was hitting me for like 180 damage, ouchhhhhh

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When anet nerfed the turret engies….it’s when the game started to crumble, it was the time forum rants won and that sent a clear message to people…

If you whine enough, make enough of a scene with strawman evidence and exaggerations…you can get what you want from the devs aka more nerfs for enemies and more buffs for yourself

I was against nerf to turret engies because I knew it would encourage people to whine even harder on the forum, the devs ruined the game by listening to rants

The build had clear disadvantages and had counterplay….more than current powercreep

You’re right.
That coincides with the moment when they decided to change the trait system and remove the stats from trait lines while presenting it as an “improvement”. It’s been nothing but a disaster for build variety and I told them it would be on the first day. They replied to me that it was “too soon to tell”. Well maybe we should be working at Anet because clearly many of us knew better than some of their devs and could see when a bad decision was being made.

Its like an eternal beta-test where things almost always get worse.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

thx

I think implying that we should all shut up, because we have one viable build in PvP speaks to how low the standards are you are applying to Anet and game balance as a whole.

It’s like “Okay, guys! We got one thing to work! Now shut up and be grateful!”

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Tempest is hp is lowered while core ele (an entire skill level out side of spamming f1) has been nerfed. There have been lots of passive nerfs done like the removal of arcane’s lingering enchantments during attunement swaps and normalizing vigor to a 10 secs instead of 5. We are being forced to play tempest that’s not an ele more like kitten down substitute.
Azukas’ been blabbing about ele being op in pvp but he meant tempest sustain is op. Ele core is rather not so awesome…. you can stil have limited fun 1v1 in hot joins but that’s all folks. So ele was kinda like Chun Li in Street Fighter Alpha 2 just to be nerfed in Street fight Alpha 3. It’s like taking away your Porsche and giving you back a Hyndai eleantra. Yes you can drive but you feel clunky, slow, do less damage, less versatile and your a kitten Hyndai eleantra!

Help Fix by adjusting a new amulet or buff base health, healing or up our damage non tempest trait line.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Up damage in non tempest traitlines would make sense. Base health buff would only make whole ele stronger getting the cleric healbot better … New amulets i am not shure because that would also buff other class builds. Don´t know if it might overbuff somwhere else. Basically we would need agressive amulets with a bit tougness like mecenaries with precision not vit. I personaly would like a wanderers swaping tougness with precision.
For lines: Fire sould get 3s CD on buring precision, a buff to one with fire and a buff to blinding ashes (e.g. 6s CD) .
Air could get the 60% chance vor vul on crits removed. So all crits aply it.
An earth could get a +20% condi duration buff instead of the -10% damage reduction close up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Up damage in non tempest traitlines would make sense. Base health buff would only make whole ele stronger getting the cleric healbot better … New amulets i am not shure because that would also buff other class builds. Don´t know if it might overbuff somwhere else. Basically we would need agressive amulets with a bit tougness like mecenaries with precision not vit. I personaly would like a wanderers swaping tougness with precision.
For lines: Fire sould get 3s CD on buring precision, a buff to one with fire and a buff to blinding ashes (e.g. 6s CD) .
Air could get the 60% chance vor vul on crits removed. So all crits aply it.
An earth could get a +20% condi duration buff instead of the -10% damage reduction close up.

Nope, nope, devs must finally buff the weapons of the Ele, until now all they try to do buff the traits but that has side effects, a trait is thought to be helpful for glass cannons makes the bunker OP. You want a example might on cantrip use, Blinding Ashes 5s ICD they were all fine when used on a glass cannon spec, the moment D/D start using those then they were OP.

They should buff the weapon sets the bunkers does not use, mainly scepter and please remove Bolt to Heart from GM that trait can’t compete with Fresh Air.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

This is correct. Even better then going for traits. Buff offensive weapon skills that are weak.
But what i mentioned could still be done without helping bunkers to much.
And yes i hated the might on cantrips too :-).
Bolt to the heart. you are right. At the moment you play air because of fresh air…
Its like telling me what i should play and this is one of the most evil thing a developer can do to someone like me that hails build diversity over all :-).

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Quick OP fix:

1- Ele Bruisers and DPS build are trash tier.
2- Ele support are tier 1.

Playing Cleric Ele is not easy. If your guyz dies around you, it’s your fault. If you think you simply have to put all your support on CD… you are bad.

Support is the hardest role to play right. All your team need your peels, heals, cleanses and support/utility at the right time. You need to play reactively. This is way more harder than playing “dd ele fire summer 2015 build” spam your spells to think you are good when you are carried by an Overpowered Build.

Support need the best communication from their team to perform at the right level. Everybody team blame their bunker when they lost a team fights… not the position of their DPS squishies overextending off points…

*Cleric Ele got a nice balanced between CC chain, Peelz and utilities. *

Now, it’s time to ask for a BRUISERS and DPS viable build, not to NERF the only working viable build you guyz got.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This is how i see it ele is no longer a jack of all trades class at any point in the game you can at best only build one way all in support for pvp/wvw and all in dmg for pve/wvw. I am not sure why ele was pushed to this but most other classes seem to be able to do good if not great dmg and support very well and tank well too.
I think eng/scraper is a good point of what a jack of all trades class should look like. Ele as a class lacks major tools that eng has stealth or evasion skill more then 2 types of condition dmg and the abitly to give others and them self powerful boons.
Yes ele is very viable as highly specialized builds but that not the ideal behind ele and it seems that not the way its been buffed / nerfed. Ele is no longer a jack of all tirades class and to try to play as if it is your going to be a “trash” tier set up.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA